GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HRE/I forged on GS ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-04, 06:03 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Scara OZ are sold with the hub centric ring

The Scara Japan are not sold with it

hope this helps
Old 11-23-04, 06:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,418 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally posted by GS408
I don't know but I'm just glad I joined Club Lexus. Until now, I have never even heard of all the stuff you guys talk about on here...hub centric, BBK, yada yada etc etc...for a while I didn't even know what BBK was...haha... And all these name brands you guys throw around like iForged, HRE, teins etc......

I read alot of the post and forums and it sure helps!...My GS is coming along and I will post a pic when I feel it is worthy enough....(just put on my l-tuned skirts)

but anyways.... nice thread...its helping me make some decisions on rims...im thinking iforged!!!
You're very welcome. We're glad to help you spend your money on mods.
Old 11-23-04, 06:58 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
you guys are focusing too much on the hib centric part of this conversation.........its not just that part of it that makes one wheel better than the other.

Also.......How short memories are........just a short itme ago there was a thread two miles long ready to lynch a particular wheel manufacturer due to their complete F Up of another CL members wheel order.......so lets throw customer service into the mix as well.

I would love to see a top five wheel manufacturer poll ont his forum....with reasons why they made the list!!
so what is importnat here jeff? i know the quality of HRE.. but you saying my MAYA doesnt have quality.. i dont have any problems with them or scustomer service.... BUT to be honest i cant wait to see your NEW HRE>>>... well the whole car.. damnwhen you posting some pics?.... ps.. please PM me i want tot ask you someting about shipping my stock hood..
rick

Last edited by 00lexondub; 11-23-04 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 07:21 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it really people with HRE's justifying their purchases, or is it those that dont want to spend the cash on them justifying the fact that they dont?????

It's not about the money at all. With the money I spent on my recent wheels, I could have gotten any HRE I want in any configuration I want and in any kind of finish I want, but I didn't.

I just picked a wheel design I really really really liked, and went along to buy it. I hate to let go of a purchase of something I've been waiting for a long time to come to me, just because over some silly things like hubcentric issue

That was my whole point. Don't severely limit your choices in anything over something minor like hubcentricity. Tons of wheel owners have the rings and they live fulfilled, joyful lives.

Let me reiterate myself again: HRE makes GREAT wheels, no doubt about that. Their designs are so-so and pretty much "inspired" from every other wheel makers out there. But you can't blame them. A good design is a good design period. That's why classic designs like Brabus III and Hamann PG3 and BBS LMs are copied left and right by just about everyone who knows how to make wheels. Having said all that, I really don't see what else is so special about them that warrant the extra 2-3x extra dough that you have to fork out for them. They are nice, but not 2-3x nicer.

Last edited by jtanoyo1; 11-23-04 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 07:21 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Default lol

this has been interesting thread to watch develop,,,,,,,,ive sold rims and tires for about 8 years now, and sold many different brands over that time,,,,,,,,,,,,let me just tell you hre is no more special than other forged and 3 piece wheels out there, they are nice, clean designs and if you like basic and simple looks, and dont mind paying more money for a wheel than u should by all means buy them,,,, im sure rim shops love to sale them to you, are they nice?yes,,,,,,,do they have problems with clearcoat like other polished/cleared wheels?yes,,,,,,ive sold hre's that have had to go back for warranty purposes before, they are not all they are cracked up to be,,,,,is hubcentric good?yes,,,,,,,,,is a hubcentric ring just as good?yes,,,,,,,,,with a ring or a correct center bore either way they are hubcentric,,,,,,lol its funny to watch these people say hubcentric is the best , when coupled with the correct hub ring, they are still hubcentric,,,,,,,,,,,,, anyway just wanted to let this develop before i commented, some may or may not agree with my statements, but keep in mind i do this for a living on a daily basis ..........if u want to buy an overpriced wheel (this is my opinion) go ahead and get hre,,,,,,,if u want to buy a good rim for the money and get just as good of quality, iforged is a nice way to go, or many other wheels out there.......one final note, some people like plain, basic, and simple designs, hre is that...............i like a rim with more style and pizazz,,,,, hre is just too plain to me and blah, again just my opinion, i personally like the iforged options better.............. me personally i really like dazz imported wheels like maya, maido, lowenhart, racing hart, etc..................but keep in mind everyone has different styles and tastes, thats why this board is great to be a part of, originality is shown on a daily basis.................one other note, at sema this year many cheaper wheel companies in the past introduced 3 piece forged wheels for this upcoming year, so dont be suprised like i was when u see diablo making forged wheels, lol sounds kinda funny saying that........but i did see them at sema

later all,
mike
Old 11-23-04, 07:30 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I first posted this thread, I didn't expect to create a such a monstervery "educational"

Last edited by chuckb; 11-23-04 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 07:31 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by chuckb
When I first posted this thread, I didn't expect to create a such a monster
LOL good job.. look what you have done.
Old 11-23-04, 07:32 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you guys are focusing too much on the hib centric part of this conversation.........its not just that part of it that makes one wheel better than the other.
Hey Jeff, I agree.

The only reason that hubcentricity became an issue was the original poster, chuckb, was concerned over it.

Also.......How short memories are........just a short itme ago there was a thread two miles long ready to lynch a particular wheel manufacturer due to their complete F Up of another CL members wheel order.......so lets throw customer service into the mix as well.
I thought that the whole thing was blown way out of proportion. It was bad yes, but people make mistakes. It started with RDM and iForged did not make things better. iForged eventually did and hopefully learned from the mistakes. We have Derrick now and his customer service totally out-classes RDM and is making up for it. I can only hope that iForged has learned and will back Derrick up when needed to make it a winning combination.
Old 11-23-04, 07:33 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS408
I don't know but I'm just glad I joined Club Lexus. Until now, I have never even heard of all the stuff you guys talk about on here...hub centric, BBK, yada yada etc etc...for a while I didn't even know what BBK was...haha... And all these name brands you guys throw around like iForged, HRE, teins etc......

I read alot of the post and forums and it sure helps!...My GS is coming along and I will post a pic when I feel it is worthy enough....(just put on my l-tuned skirts)

but anyways.... nice thread...its helping me make some decisions on rims...im thinking iforged!!!
It was a huge conspiracy to make you go broke, even though we don't know you.

You sure you really want to listen to our advice? Want a dime bag?
Old 11-23-04, 07:33 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by T.L.W.
The Scara OZ are sold with the hub centric ring

The Scara Japan are not sold with it

hope this helps
Thanks for the info, TLW.

Does that mean though that Scara Japan does not need it? Isn't Scara Japan the "cheaper" line? Or am I reversing it?

Last edited by Neo; 11-23-04 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 07:34 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
It was a huge conspiracy to make you go broke, even though we don't know you.

You sure you really want to listen to our advice? Want a dime bag?
LMAO.. your crazy
Old 11-23-04, 07:35 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by chuckb
When I first posted this thread, I didn't expect to create a such a monstervery "educational"
LOL, I think it was my initial comment that sparked the whole debate. It's been the trend lately, everything I say always have ended up in an argument or me having to defend myself over something I said/did/purchased. It's all good. Hopefully people will at least benefit.
Old 11-23-04, 07:41 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
Thanks for the info, TLW.

Does that mean though that Scara Japan does not need it? Isn't Scara Japan the "cheaper" line? Or am I reversing it?
oh it needs it but you have to pay for it

The OZ's come with it

for all that money it better

no no the OZ are the expensive ones

around 2G"S a wheel

Last edited by T.L.W.; 11-23-04 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 07:46 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by T.L.W.
oh it needs it but you have to pay for it

The OZ's come with it

for all that money it better

no no the OZ are the expensive ones

around 2G"S a wheel
That's what I thought. Still, even at the price of the Scara Japan, I think the rings should be included.
Old 11-23-04, 07:51 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Neo
That's what I thought. Still, even at the price of the Scara Japan, I think the rings should be included.
Those rings are hella cheap. Even most lesser wheels would include them for free if you ask the shop. I remembered buying old 17" Koenig Villains (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day) for my old vw and i asked Discount Tires for the rings and they popped them plastic ones on for free.

Quick Reply: HRE/I forged on GS ?