GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HRE/I forged on GS ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-04, 08:33 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by TTurboPimp

Also.......How short memories are........just a short itme ago there was a thread two miles long ready to lynch a particular wheel manufacturer due to their complete F Up of another CL members wheel order.......so lets throw customer service into the mix as well.

i do remeber very well that a reseller RDM was the one who totally "F up" that order with this certain CL memeber. and yes CL as a comunity went and helped this kid totally. he ended up getting his wheels. this member came to thank everyone and stated that he got his wheels yet he failed to mention that I-forged gave him 50% back of his purchase price to try to compansate for the confusion and lack of competence from RDM. now thats a company understanding that their reseller messed up and they stepped up and took care of it. now we have D2 as a rep to go to. and he's shown in a short time what service is about. also noone came on and talked about HRE haveing finish issues or turn around time issues. we were only talking about dollar and cents. its seems like your throwing a line the water hopeing a fish bites. i don't understand why? we gave our opinions we didn't start to point out defects that every company have time to time including HRE...
Old 11-23-04, 08:40 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by chuckb
JT-by doing it right I mean wheels that are hubcentric and fit like they were made for the car.(and look good)They don't have to be HREs. But they do have to be forged and hubcentric
Thats the difference between HRE and "other" manufacturers.......most make the wheels that will require a hub centric ring due to mass production....they want a "one size fits all" wheel....which is achieved due to the hub centric rings.HRE on the other hand custom makes wheels for specific applications......which also makes them more expensive. By the way, dont under estimate the importance of a hub centric wheel, it can cause alot of grief if not correct. As many people that there are who say the hub centric rings have been good to them, I have heard a ton of bad stories with them as well. Plus its the Pimp factor, you cant drive a Lambo for two years then go buy a Mustang........thats how I felt about going from HRE's to anything else.
you guys are focusing too much on the hib centric part of this conversation.........its not just that part of it that makes one wheel better than the other.
I would love to see a top five wheel manufacturer poll ont his forum....with reasons why they made the list!!
TTurboPimp, I think you contradicted yourself. You were really focused on the benefit of hubcentric wheels to support your choice of "Lambo" wheels as opposed to "Mustang" wheels. Then it appears that when hubcentric vs. hubrings was decided not significant enough to require lost sleep, the customer service year old story is trumped up.

This thread seems to revolve around HRE owners attempting to protect their "supreme status" (which is going away slowly as new products come out) by any "trump card" availible. I mean seriously, its not like hubrings are weapons of mass destruction or something. And as far as customer service goes, there are MANY other wheel lines availible and excellent vendor channels to support that.

These types of threads do nothing for our community, it just seems to be petty bickering back and forth between the 35 normal kids in class and those 5 "special" kids that have to always scream and wave for attention.

Last edited by Stefwilli; 11-23-04 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 08:55 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

,,,,,is hubcentric good?yes,,,,,,,,,is a hubcentric ring just as good?yes,,,,,,,,,with a ring or a correct center bore either way they are hubcentric,,,,,,lol its funny to watch these people say hubcentric is the best , when coupled with the correct hub ring, they are still hubcentric,,,,,,,,
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.....I personally would not put non hub centric wheels on my high HP car......I guess it would be OK to put spacers on wheels also??? Another thing that i would not do, but I put into the same category. I have been in the business as well, I still disagree with you.....but nothing wrong with having different opinions. If you do this for a living you almost have to have a different opinion, because your not going to sell HRE's all day to make a living!

so what is importnat here jeff? i know the quality of HRE.. but you saying my MAYA doesnt have quality.. i dont have any problems with them or scustomer service
Rick, not sure where that came from......I never mentioned anything about Maya wheels.....actually I dont think I said anything negative about any other wheel company by name.

Before I start sounding like Manaray used to sound on this subject, one last comment then Im going to dip out of this thread........if your happy with your wheels, great....thats all that matters......there are a ton of hot looking wheels on CL, HRE and otherwise....I personally prefer the HRE's....thats the great part of modding a car, to each his own......NYWizard is a good example of this!!

Peace!

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 11-23-04 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 09:28 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Neo
....worth is relative and not absolute.

Originally posted by Stefwilli
....seems to be petty bickering back and forth between the 35 normal kids in class and those 5 "special" kids that have to always scream and wave for attention.
THAT'S funny!!!! Lookamee Lookamee!!
Originally posted by bluelex
.....i-forged gave him 50% back of his purchase price to try to compansate for the confusion and lack of competence from RDM. now thats a company understanding that their reseller messed up and they stepped up and took care of it.

.......now we have D2 as a rep to go to. and he's shown in a short time what service is about.

Last edited by TwentyTen; 11-23-04 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 10:10 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
he got his wheels yet he failed to mention that I-forged gave him 50% back of his purchase price to try to compansate for the confusion and lack of competence from RDM.
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Hey Derrek. Screw my order up pleassssssssssssssssse

Thanks

J

=)
Old 11-23-04, 10:13 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Guys, this thread has gone downhill rapidly and people now seem to be picking apart peoples wording where they've simply support their choice of wheels and turning what was an informed discussion into an arguement and mockery.

I've stayed out of the thread so that I could effectively moderate it if needed. Yes I have HREs on my car, but I've also had JDM wheels and firmly believe there are MANY quality brands out there with different styles at various price points. Lots of great choices from great wheel companies. However, not everyone is going to agree on all the factors, details and even quality perceptions that go into an individual's choice of wheels. It's just that... an individual choice and at the end of the day the person buying the wheels has to be happy with their (hopefully) informed decision. It all boils down to personal preference.

Many members (justifiably) have a lot of pride in their wheel selections; others here on the forum also have a vested interest in supporting certain brands. I'd hate to see threads like this one continue to 'single out' HRE owners as elitest for being happy with their wheel choice (sorry, but that's the way I read a lot of the replies), just as I'd hate to see any threads bashing other very high quality wheels for something as simple being non-hubcentric. My HREs even though they're hubcentric still have a little wobble right at 60mph... just like the hubcentric OEM 17" wheels and my non-hubcentric JDM wheels did before.

Let's please let this topic rest awhile for opening it back again and when it does please try to be open minded.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-23-04 at 10:17 PM.