GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Black Friday.....no better time to get some new shoes!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-04, 08:44 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice, I also kinda thought you would try out the newer 9series (I know at one time you were thinking of a more aggressive 5spoke look). These are nice though, I am also a "old-school rivet" person. LOL
Old 11-28-04, 09:21 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I thought about the 8 series for awhile, but I kept coming back to the classic 3 piece look with the bolts showing.......I just love the way it looks. As you said, I thought about a five spoke look long and hard....I just didnt care for any of the HRE five spokes. There were other wheels out there in the five spoke design that I liked the look of, but didnt care for one thing or another on the quality of the wheel.

I figured the 543 was somewhere in the middle of my 540's, and a five spoke. I have to say, I am 110% glad I went with them......they look so much better in peson than they do on the web site...or other pics that I have seen. Plus they are less common. I think they are going to fit the style of the car perfectly when its all said and done.
Old 11-29-04, 01:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by aloha03gs
11 spokes? I only see 10 hahaha
damn, my math sux man
Old 11-29-04, 01:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
I thought about the 8 series for awhile, but I kept coming back to the classic 3 piece look with the bolts showing.......I just love the way it looks. As you said, I thought about a five spoke look long and hard....I just didnt care for any of the HRE five spokes. There were other wheels out there in the five spoke design that I liked the look of, but didnt care for one thing or another on the quality of the wheel.

I figured the 543 was somewhere in the middle of my 540's, and a five spoke. I have to say, I am 110% glad I went with them......they look so much better in peson than they do on the web site...or other pics that I have seen. Plus they are less common. I think they are going to fit the style of the car perfectly when its all said and done.
you made the right choice jeff, the wheels look awesome! same here as well. i like the 840r series, but somehow i just feel more connected with the 540r series, that's why i got mine instead of the 840r. until i saw dave's car with the 840r, man that's so clean

oh and btw, actually i believe your old wheels, they had 2" lip in the front and 3 1/4" lip in the back. it should be the same as mine, and that's how they are designed from hre. bob and i talked about it
Old 11-29-04, 02:24 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those rims will look great on that impala you got there!! LOL...jk .Those rims are smokin. Cant wait to seethem on the ride.
Old 11-29-04, 04:06 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: inner barell

Originally posted by herragge
gotta love the polished inner barrell......... I truly regret not going for that with my HRE's..it is absolutley amazing, these will look gorgeuous on your car!
damn...I didnt know I could do that to my HREs (polished inner barrell)....I really diggin that look....your sn is not tturbopimp for nothing hehe.....you got a unique set of wheels do you mind if i ask how much extra did you have to pay to polish the inner barrells? if its personal...send me a pm...thanks tturbopimp! peace -cody
Old 11-29-04, 06:16 AM
ias
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shot calla
Old 11-29-04, 06:35 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

rom, I think your right on the lip size of the old wheels, I knew that when me and Bob had talked about the new set the 1/4" number was in the mix somewhere.......I gained 1/4" in the back.

aloha.....the polished inner definitely stands out, but it does come at a price. It is a ***** to keep them clean, I used to take my old wheels off the car every two weeks to clean them......it gets to be a pain after awhile. If your car is a daily driver, I wouldnt do it. As far as the cost goes, I got a good deal on the set up.....so my situation wouldnt be a good comparison.
Old 11-29-04, 08:14 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome wheels
Old 11-29-04, 09:12 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks awesome, Jeff- glad HRE finally got them to you! I can't wait to see the completed car!

Jeff's rear wheel " frontspacing" is the same as my 841Rs- technically, he gained 1/2" from Rom's set-up. Wheel manufacturers measure the lip from inside bead-to-inside bead, so if Jeff measured the actual outside lip exposure, he should see something closer to 3 3/4" lip (the nominal wheel dimensions do not account for the rolled outer & inner edges- 20x11 actually = 20x12 overall).

The 543R is a splendid choice... that's the only thing I miss with the 841Rs- exposed bolts just look expensive and classy!! Gottta love those polished inners! 305/25-20 on the rear is going to rock (you're going to need it, my friend!)

-Bob
Old 11-29-04, 11:36 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

305/25-20 on the rear is going to rock
Thanks to you Bob!!
Old 11-29-04, 02:30 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

DROOOOOOOLL..................................

AND MORE DROOOOOOOLL..................................

What was I thinking when I assumed HRE wheels are just "plain and boring"...........
Old 11-29-04, 07:06 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great choice Jeff !
Old 11-29-04, 09:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Default Re: Re: inner barell

Originally posted by aloha03gs
damn...I didnt know I could do that to my HREs (polished inner barrell)....I really diggin that look....your sn is not tturbopimp for nothing hehe.....you got a unique set of wheels do you mind if i ask how much extra did you have to pay to polish the inner barrells? if its personal...send me a pm...thanks tturbopimp! peace -cody
yeah you can do the polish inside as well, but it's quite a bit more money if anything i would love to see burhsed aluminum first

and if you get polished insides, you wanna clear coat that for easier cleaning, and that's more and more money
Old 11-29-04, 09:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
rom, I think your right on the lip size of the old wheels, I knew that when me and Bob had talked about the new set the 1/4" number was in the mix somewhere.......I gained 1/4" in the back.

aloha.....the polished inner definitely stands out, but it does come at a price. It is a ***** to keep them clean, I used to take my old wheels off the car every two weeks to clean them......it gets to be a pain after awhile. If your car is a daily driver, I wouldnt do it. As far as the cost goes, I got a good deal on the set up.....so my situation wouldnt be a good comparison.
i thought if you clear coat the inside, you can almost just hose it off with water? no?

Quick Reply: Black Friday.....no better time to get some new shoes!!