GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

DRAFT GS Forced Induction Registry

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-04, 09:02 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another boosted GS

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I have a 2002 GS300 with a 2002 2JZ GTE vvt-i conversion. I swapped out the stock Japanese turbos with US specs turbos from my MKIV supra. I still have the stock injectors. I am surprised to hear that Jtanoyo is only pushing 375rwhp since he and I basically have the same mods

Jtanoyo, I don't know if you remember my car from the lexusownersclub forum. We have the same motor and transmission, same intercooler, same intake...In fact, you said our cars were twins when you saw the pictures...LOL At any rate, when I strapped my car to the dyno, it was pumping 463 rwhp @ 18psi on pump gas. The vvt-i twin turbo is simply amazing. I guess you are running stock boost and you still have the stock JDM turbos? I did swap out the JDM turbos for US spec turbos. Also, do you have a boost cut controller? There is a nice unit I am using which I bought from TRL performance in the UK. It allows you to safely raise the boost cut as opposed to bypassing it completly like the HKS unit does. That comes in very handy against boost spikes which could destroy your motor. Did you take care of the speed limiter? I am using a HKS SLD type II and it works flawlessly. In addition, you might want to consider a boost controller if you don't already have one. I am using the HKS EVC Pro and by the way, if you are considering an electronic boost controller, the EVC Pro is the only unit you should look at, especially if using the stock twins. EVC IV or EZ will cause boost spike because the fuzzy logic does not work well with twin turbo set ups. However, the EVC pro allows for you to set a bunch of other parameters. You will love it. I don't know if you can read Japanese but in case you can't I have the wiring diagrams and instructions for those units in English. Let me know if you need them.
Old 12-21-04, 09:18 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAssGS3T
Hey guys, I am new to this forum.
Welcome to ClubLexus, very glad you joined our forum! If you would, start up a new introduction thread and maybe post some pictures of your GS - it sounds great!

What kind of TQ are you putting down and I'll add you to the registry?

Did you buy your GS already boosted or did you do the engine swap on it yourself? There are a couple of former FL (infrequent) members that sold their boosted GS3s that disappeared from view.
Old 12-22-04, 04:47 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadAssGS3T
Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I have a 2002 GS300 with a 2002 2JZ GTE vvt-i conversion. I swapped out the stock Japanese turbos with US specs turbos from my MKIV supra. I still have the stock injectors. I am surprised to hear that Jtanoyo is only pushing 375rwhp since he and I basically have the same mods

Jtanoyo, I don't know if you remember my car from the lexusownersclub forum. We have the same motor and transmission, same intercooler, same intake...In fact, you said our cars were twins when you saw the pictures...LOL At any rate, when I strapped my car to the dyno, it was pumping 463 rwhp @ 18psi on pump gas. The vvt-i twin turbo is simply amazing. I guess you are running stock boost and you still have the stock JDM turbos? I did swap out the JDM turbos for US spec turbos. Also, do you have a boost cut controller? There is a nice unit I am using which I bought from TRL performance in the UK. It allows you to safely raise the boost cut as opposed to bypassing it completly like the HKS unit does. That comes in very handy against boost spikes which could destroy your motor. Did you take care of the speed limiter? I am using a HKS SLD type II and it works flawlessly. In addition, you might want to consider a boost controller if you don't already have one. I am using the HKS EVC Pro and by the way, if you are considering an electronic boost controller, the EVC Pro is the only unit you should look at, especially if using the stock twins. EVC IV or EZ will cause boost spike because the fuzzy logic does not work well with twin turbo set ups. However, the EVC pro allows for you to set a bunch of other parameters. You will love it. I don't know if you can read Japanese but in case you can't I have the wiring diagrams and instructions for those units in English. Let me know if you need them.
Hey buddy, of course I remember you! I am glad you got your car up and running. I am just putting 375rwhp at the FI registry because I am still on stock pump gas (which I heard was rumored at a very very crappy 87RON here in indonesia!!!!!)

So my boost was set at only 1 bar (14.3 psi). Even many aristos in Japan with their 100RON gas refuse to go higher than 1 bar. I am still on stock JDM ceramic turbines and I heard through many testimonials that they do self-destruct when combined with bad fueling. My boost controller is an AVC-R unit. I also have the HKS type-S front mount intercooler, SLD, night pager alum rad pipes, Velocity Tuning fuel ECU, etc. I know an Aristo in Japan with the same mods at me and he dynoed at 460rwhp with only 1.2 bar (18psi) of boost. I would never dream of ever daring to hit that kind of boost with the current bad fuel that we have out here.

That's why I **think** i am only putting down 375rwhp. Even that's unproven, at least until I go to a dyno and get everything straightened out.
Old 01-03-05, 06:55 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do any of the people with S/C have times ??

like to see what RMM can do ?

even guesses would be great ?
Old 01-03-05, 08:34 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
do any of the people with S/C have times ??

like to see what RMM can do ?

even guesses would be great ?
Mine and a couple of others are on there already.
Old 01-04-05, 02:08 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmecbr900
Mine and a couple of others are on there already.

whoops thanks need to change my prescription

are there any major diffrences between RMM and SRT supercharger ??
Old 01-06-05, 07:12 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
whoops thanks need to change my prescription

are there any major diffrences between RMM and SRT supercharger ??
Yeah, you have a much better chance of buying one vs. the other.
Old 01-16-05, 09:19 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Recent Dyno results and videos will be up by this Tuesday !!

Thanks
JAY

Old 01-29-05, 05:55 AM
sevenka
Driver School Candidate

-ADMINISTRATION.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 01-29-05 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-29-05, 12:52 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sevenka

-ADMINISTRATION.

BAN me ??? or ???
Old 01-29-05, 12:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Jay

BAN me ??? or ???

No Jay, the guy whose post was edited spammed the forum with worthless posts w/ links to polish crap websites. He's banned and his posts were edited.
Old 01-29-05, 01:03 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Hahahah... thanks Dave... You know how much I hate that word "banned" !!!!

J
Old 02-10-05, 05:35 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Heeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-05, 06:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by lexlyf
Heeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!
Marken,

How about filling in the blanks on your turbo GS3? That thing still running?
Old 02-10-05, 06:58 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Turbo was parted out and running n/a @ the moment. "She" is a wonderful daily driver though.

Take this for what it's worth. "Some people NEVER change. They may slightly alter in perception, but in the long run, they never change."

Remember I was interested in the NSX? I had to scratch "that" itch (see sig).

Quick Reply: DRAFT GS Forced Induction Registry