GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

DRAFT GS Forced Induction Registry

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-05, 08:45 AM
PilotV
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PilotV
Hello? How does it work?
Great Site!
Old 11-12-05, 08:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Originally Posted by PilotV
Hello? How does it work?
Pilot, I assume you're asking how does the registry work? Just post up info on your FI GS and I'll make an update soon to it and re-post it. I've got a BUNCH of new updates to make
Old 11-18-05, 09:52 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Invested amount

How about adding the approximate amount of $$ invested per setup...some of us are looking for quick, inexpensive power, and others have less-limited resources. This may help many people decide which route they're going to go.
Old 11-19-05, 07:17 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
looking for quick, inexpensive power .

Old 12-08-05, 07:12 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

looking forward to being added to this list as a twin turbo 1st gen in the next week or so. I'll post dyno #sand full setup. Until then I guess you could throw up my #s on the spray.. 265rwhp, 280tq. Modified Zex kit on GTE /GE hybrid motor.

big stuff coming soon!!
Old 12-12-05, 06:37 AM
plockme
Driver School Candidate

hi,
1998 GS300 T
ENGINE: SRT Exclusive Divided Ductile Iron Cast Turbo Exhaust Manifold, SRT Spec Turbonetics T04 Tangential Divided 60-1 Hi-Fi Turbo unit, Turbonetics Racegate Wastegate, Custom heat shield, Blitz Super Sound dual drive blow-off valve, Turbonetics Variable Boost control regulator, Stainless Steel braided oil supply line w/SRT Exclusive oil supply tee, Stainlees Steel braided oil drain line, Mandrel bent steel pressure pipes, RC Engineering 440CC Injectors, Walbro 255IPH high pressure in-tank fuel pump, Front Mount Spearco Intercooler, 3" T-304 stainless steel mandrel bent front midpipe (custom painted to match), SRT piggy back upgraded computer system, Hot Earth Gold grounding kit, red top optima battery and NOS 6 cylinder 75 shot wet nitrous system w/dual 10lb. polished aluminum bottles.

ELECTRONICS: APEXI Turbo Timer, APEXI AVC-R Boost Controller, APEXI S-AFC2 Fuel Controller, AEXI Rev/Speed Meter, Blitz DCII Boost, Oil Pressure, and EGT free mount racing guages w/Blitz live control unit. Multiplex Engineering OBD2 HotSync Interface, palm pilot M100, and Palm’n’Stein Tuning Software.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
lexus98.bmp (96.8 KB, 853 views)
Old 12-12-05, 06:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by plockme
hi,
1998 GS300 T
ENGINE: SRT Exclusive Divided Ductile Iron Cast Turbo Exhaust Manifold, SRT Spec Turbonetics T04 Tangential Divided 60-1 Hi-Fi Turbo unit, Turbonetics Racegate Wastegate, Custom heat shield, Blitz Super Sound dual drive blow-off valve, Turbonetics Variable Boost control regulator, Stainless Steel braided oil supply line w/SRT Exclusive oil supply tee, Stainlees Steel braided oil drain line, Mandrel bent steel pressure pipes, RC Engineering 440CC Injectors, Walbro 255IPH high pressure in-tank fuel pump, Front Mount Spearco Intercooler, 3" T-304 stainless steel mandrel bent front midpipe (custom painted to match), SRT piggy back upgraded computer system, Hot Earth Gold grounding kit, red top optima battery and NOS 6 cylinder 75 shot wet nitrous system w/dual 10lb. polished aluminum bottles.

ELECTRONICS: APEXI Turbo Timer, APEXI AVC-R Boost Controller, APEXI S-AFC2 Fuel Controller, AEXI Rev/Speed Meter, Blitz DCII Boost, Oil Pressure, and EGT free mount racing guages w/Blitz live control unit. Multiplex Engineering OBD2 HotSync Interface, palm pilot M100, and Palm’n’Stein Tuning Software.
Very nice!

Have you had the car dynod? Did you buy it already set up or did you do it yourself/have it done
Old 12-12-05, 07:05 AM
plockme
Driver School Candidate

Thanks
I got the car off a tuner shop showroom floor. It appears it was put together purely for cosmetic purposes. I had to tear out a bunch of stuff(old turbo timer and boost controller) and had to wire up other semi-important components(lights, blinkers, half the alarm, SRT ECU) that were merely added on for appearance,. I adjusted the suspension and did some patch up work on the fendors. The apexi, eclipse, and lighting is all new, Im finishing up the install right now. I need to get it tuned but I dont know where to go around here(Seattle). Seems like everyone wants to install and nobody wants to tune. Except I will never let anyone work on this machine except punching numbers into the SAFC2, especially after finding duct tape holding wires together when I bought it. I'll get some pics up when its all done. How much does a dyno session run?
Thanks
Old 12-12-05, 07:30 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Plock,

One thing you've said about your setup - the SRT ECU and the SAFC II do basically the same thing. I wouldn' t recommend hooking them both up at the same time
Old 12-12-05, 07:41 AM
plockme
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I know, I just needed to hook up the SRT ECU to beable to get it all the way home. It wouldnt even run without it. With the ECU in the car is running so rich that im getting like 10mi/gallon. Set off the stupid monoxide sensor in my house everytime I pull in the garage. It had to go. Its running alot leaner now with the SAFC2, but I dont really know much about tuning. I need to get a wide band A/F sensor but Im running out of room to keep adding gauges. I just got done mounting a palm pilot with palm-n-stein in the glove box but Ive never used that program before either so i'll probably be posting questions frequently from now on. You know of any tuning "best practices." I tested all my equipment and its all hooked up right. You have to worry when the Apexi manual says to "turn the unit on and then smell the unit for any sort of unusual smell"
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 01-12-06, 08:19 AM
samster
Pole Position

wow those are some impressive numbers
sorry but not tryin to throw ur thread off, but alot of u guys are from the cali area? where emmisions is more crazy no? I am orginally a supra owner that wants the same power but just with more room, i like more well balanced then high ponies. the thing i wanna ask is how are u guys passin inspections nowadays? in NYC they require 95 and up cars to be inspected thru the ECU OBDII no more dynojet machine, good thing is they don't floor ur babie for no reason anymore, the bad thing is u the owner dont get power when u floor ur own car nows -=T lolz. You guys run 500 whp? with Cats? i wanna try to pull out more out of my car but im afraid of molestin and trouble with inspection?
Old 01-12-06, 08:54 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave I'm pretty sure that "plockme's" car was bought from Bdragon. incase you wanted to edit that.

Sorry I haven't been able to get you numbers yet, and it looks like I might not be doing numbers for a while as I'm about to upgrade the set up for the car.
Old 01-13-06, 01:18 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Sorry I haven't been able to get you numbers yet, and it looks like I might not be doing numbers for a while as I'm about to upgrade the set up for the car.
It's never ending, huh?
Old 01-13-06, 05:46 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
It's never ending, huh?
No, I don't think it ever does. Its just an opportunity has presented itself and I'm going to take a stab at it even if I have to sit on it for a while until I can install them. No rush.
Old 01-20-06, 08:23 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

I'm setting up a dyno appt for tomorrow. I'll post the full setup and power #s then for my 2jzgte dual k26 turbos 1st gen.

Quick Reply: DRAFT GS Forced Induction Registry