GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rim Brands

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-01, 03:11 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MG,

your posts are what the true meaning behind "persoanlizing" our lex. we are all here to give personal opinions and experience. the intension and end result are all good
Old 05-08-01, 08:39 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mean Gene - No audio upgrades for me so i can spend em on the rims.

I'm 75% sure i'm going to order the 18" HRE 540's with the new Bridgestone S-03 pole position. I'm still looking at the Volk rims. I really like there lightweight but i like the HRE's styling.

What rim size was that , that MO gave you that quote?
My budget is a little over 5k .
Old 05-09-01, 12:30 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up HRE's

1NICE - Those prices were on 18x8's ( front ) & 18x10's ( rear ) with Pilot Sports all the way around. The wheels were also to be fully polished & clear coated - both included in the $4200 price. Beautiful wheel but just a little outta my wheel budget considering all the other things I had planned.
Old 05-09-01, 01:41 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Johnny Mo - Very nice...I was in Nice/Monaco/Monte Carlo last year and I cruised the main road on a scooter...hehehe...did you notice how much better the tomatos taste in Italy? I had caprese salad at every meal! I'd love to visit Barcelona and Spain in general...any tips for traveling in Spain? I speak some Spanish (who doesn't in LA?) so I could probably get by ok...I want hit up some clubs and raves in Spain!

TTE - Personally, I like the REAR rim (with the dished look). The front rim doesn't look right with the rear. I wish they made that rim in 19" or 20" with a dished FRONT rim also...

GSPower - I've seen those rims before (in person) and they look nice but they're knock-offs of the Carlsson 2/5 (see the picture below)

Mean Gene - Hey, I have Nittos and personally, I like them...but I understand your situation. For me, I would do better rims before I touched my stero system (I would do everything else up to the Supercharger before I touched my stereo system to tell you the truth)...at least I have the ML system so it's not like I'm listening to a AM radio!
Old 05-09-01, 01:55 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Mean Gene,

That is a pretty good deal on the HRE's....Manaray has convinced me to spend that type of change on wheels so maybe HRE's or Lowenharts are in my future...

Manaray,

I just pulled into Spain, be here a few days...if you want to hit a HUGE party scene go to Palma De Mallorca in late summer...or anytime for that matter...if you don't know about it, it's the hot spot for British "holiday" and its pretty insane...it's a nice island but if you want to stay mainland then Barcelona is the place to be!!! For all you travelers, if you get a chance to visit Tel Aviv, Israel you won't regret it, that is when they aren't blowing the **** out of each other!!!!
Old 05-09-01, 02:53 PM
GSPOWER
Driver

manaray,
Are you sure those rims are knock-offs. According to Hiro, it is a very popular wheel from Japan. They are manufactured by Enkie (is that good or bad?). Also they're not that cheap. But I see what you mean by they look similar to the Carlsson 2/5. But lots of wheels look similar. Since you saw these wheels in person, what do you think about their quality?

Last edited by GSPOWER; 05-09-01 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-10-01, 02:27 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zushwa - Spain? Cool! Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely check it if I make it there this year!

You'll be happy with better wheels! Trust me! Just be careful not to hit some nasty pothole!

GSPower - Hiro is probably correct about their popularity, but in Japan, MAE and AMG knock-offs are also very popular. The quality of rim looked excellent. Enkei makes good quailty wheels...it's just their designs that don't particularly do it for me. But if they made a wheel I liked aesthetically, I would have no problem buying them (for the right price).

1SickLex - Here's a chrome deep dish split 5 spoke with bolts (that are REAL, not fake like the Vega's) but they're not gold (just change your badges to chrome...of course, I'm biased, I hate yellow gold...far too bling-bling rap-star for my taste). The only catch, they're around $3K...but hey, I'd rather ride on stock rims and save up and buy these OG rims...
Attached Thumbnails Rim Brands-minerva.jpg