GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Question for those w/ LMW Sense O Shock Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-04, 02:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: Alarm won't go off.

Originally posted by TAMR_GUS98
What's up Fellas,
Just wondering if you guys were waiting for the alarm to set befor unlocking from inside. I think you have to wait 30 seconds after you lock the doors. You can tell if its set when the LED starts to blink/flash. Just my .02 cents. Hope it helps.
Will
hey that's very good points, it doesn't take some time before the alarm is set itself, around 10 to 30 secs (forgot). maybe that's why?
Old 12-02-04, 04:59 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I waited til the LEDs blinked, but it only took like 5 seconds. Maybe, I'll wait longer to see. I remember this feature working a while back when I drove my parents and I stopped to get ice cream and turned the alarm on while they were in the car. They decided to come out and the alarm went blasting.

EDIT: I waited for the light to blink and the factory alarm works! Didn't even have to open the door, just manually unlocked the door from the outside.

Last edited by r00kie; 12-02-04 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-02-04, 06:06 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pictures definitely would be awesome!!! I can't get to the B5 connector on the freaking first few steps!!!! sucks!!! all this leaning on my leather is tearing me apart..
Old 12-02-04, 06:38 PM
Canyonero
Driver

I could only take off the side kick panel. I can't even find the other two panels you are supposed to remove. And I hear you are supposed to remove the glove box...I wouldn't even know how that comes off!
Old 12-02-04, 10:10 PM
leeshdw
Driver

I just installed the Sense-O-Shock. I am positive that all the wires are connected correctly. Like the instruction said, hit the windshield with my palm and nothing happens. I've tested the factory alarm by sitting inside and unlock the door manually and alarm went off. I noticed a red LED on the shock sensor, is that suppose to be on when we arm the alarm?
Old 12-02-04, 10:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by r00kie
Yeah, I waited til the LEDs blinked, but it only took like 5 seconds. Maybe, I'll wait longer to see. I remember this feature working a while back when I drove my parents and I stopped to get ice cream and turned the alarm on while they were in the car. They decided to come out and the alarm went blasting.

EDIT: I waited for the light to blink and the factory alarm works! Didn't even have to open the door, just manually unlocked the door from the outside.
that's good, so the stock system is still working

to leeshdw, i have no idea about the led on the unit thogh. i was told to just look at the factory alarm led and that's the same indication from what they told me. as soon as the led start to blink it's armed

did you try to adjust the sensitivity?
Old 12-02-04, 10:21 PM
leeshdw
Driver

Originally posted by rominl

to leeshdw, i have no idea about the led on the unit thogh. i was told to just look at the factory alarm led and that's the same indication from what they told me. as soon as the led start to blink it's armed

did you try to adjust the sensitivity? [/B]
Yes, I turned it all the way counterclock wise. I acutally shook the sensor and nothing happend.
Old 12-02-04, 10:34 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I've sent an email to LMW to check out this thread. Hopefully they will have some answers for you in the next day or so... Thanks

Ken
Old 12-02-04, 11:55 PM
Canyonero
Driver

Originally posted by r00kie
I waited for the light to blink and the factory alarm works! Didn't even have to open the door, just manually unlocked the door from the outside.
You mean you set off the alarm by unlocking your door from the outside with your key? I thought manually unlocking with your key is supposed to cancel the alarm?
Old 12-03-04, 12:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Canyonero
You mean you set off the alarm by unlocking your door from the outside with your key? I thought manually unlocking with your key is supposed to cancel the alarm?
yeah it should

i think he meant to say unlocking the door from outside through the opened window
Old 12-04-04, 01:22 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah...I spoke to LMW today....and suggested they send GS owners / include in the instructions some pics of the install. He said they got tons of GS install pics....just no time to find them in the computer and send them out.....mainly cuz they are developing these things for the other Lexus models.

Obviously, there are a few of us that need more details (pics) of the install. Hopefully, LMW takes notice of this thread and will take time to provide some pics.

Pete
Old 12-04-04, 08:16 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

If LMV wants to operate in a more efficient way, they can post PICTURES and instructions on CL or their own website so owners can easily access them and print out COLOR pictures if they want.

I mean, if you have to send owners pictures and installation instructions, I'm sure it'll be in black & white paper....pictures in poor quality. Then they have to find all their buyer's address and waste money mailing them.
Old 12-04-04, 10:41 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by leeshdw
I just installed the Sense-O-Shock. I am positive that all the wires are connected correctly. Like the instruction said, hit the windshield with my palm and nothing happens. I've tested the factory alarm by sitting inside and unlock the door manually and alarm went off. I noticed a red LED on the shock sensor, is that suppose to be on when we arm the alarm?

for those of you who are having problems with the Sense-O-Shock....make absolutely certain that all your wires are correctly tapped. Even though I had LMW install my entire system, i took the entire system out and reinstalled it because I had to get to a few things under the dash and I didnt like where the sensor was placed.

1. The red light on the sense-o-shock SHOULD blink if you tap on it...this is how you know power is running through the device....if you have everything hooked up and it does not blink when you tap at it...then you have a problem.

2. When i reinstalled the alarm....it didnt work at first...the sense-o-shock..that is.....I found the reason was because i grounded the black wire to a crappy metal area....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD GROUND, I grounded to an area near the glove box that was touching the frame of the car and everything worked just fine.

3. when all else fails and you just dont know what to do....CALLLLLLLLLLLL LMW!

gluck
Old 12-10-04, 05:43 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I understand and LMW explained to me, The shock sensor shouldn't set of the alarm by shaking the car. Hard impacts on glass and body should set it off. Moderate to light impacts ( depends on how sensitve you set it) should set the theft deterrent horn off with a short beep. This is what they call the "warn- away"

The red LED on my shock sensor only lights /flashes when I set off the warn-away by moderately hitting the glass or body or set it off all the way. Mine did not work correctly when I first hooked it up. I had the green wire connected wrong.
MAKE SURE you hook the single green thin wire ( that goes to door courtesy light) to the NEG. wire of the light. If it connected to the pos. wire Steve says it could fry the curcuit in the little black box. If you're not sure which is pos. make sure you use a test light.
On mine the blue/yellow wire was pos. and green was neg. It might be diffirent color for diff. years GS's

"UptownGS,"

Did you ever get to the B 5 connector? is that the one that the blue wire connects to??
Old 12-12-04, 05:38 PM
GS408
Pole Position

ok..i just installed and my sense o shock and have problems as well. I took my time (3.5 hours) and made sure i followed the directions Exactly. I even had LMW send me install pics before I started. After all my wires were connected I tested the sensor before putting back the glove as stated in the install. I turned the sensor to the max settings. I set my alarm and waited 30 secs, then I opened the door and it went off, so thats good. Now heres my problems...

1. I hit the car with my open palms and the warning horn goes on just fine. It works on almost every part of the car. I continue to try and make the actual alarm go off but no success. I swear I am pounding on the car and nothing, only the warn horn chirps. I think if I hit the car any harder I'll dent my car and break my windows! So right now im like WTF, why won't the alarm go off...

2. Second problem,.. with the alarm OFF the sensor still seems to be working. What I mean is that everytime I close any of my doors the horn chirps!. Even if I hit the glass the alarm chirps. This is when the alarm is suppopsed to be off. I its dam pretty annoying right now.

I am calling LMW tommorrow morning but just wanted to share my install story.....

Quick Reply: Question for those w/ LMW Sense O Shock Alarm