GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Question for those w/ LMW Sense O Shock Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-04 | 06:58 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

On my Honda, I have a cheap alarm system that also has a "warn away" beep. It beeps 3 or 4 times if I hit the car with my palm. At first, I too, couldn't get the alarm to go off with just hitting the with the palm of my hands and I was afraid that I may dent the panels if I hit any harder.

However, I found a way to finally make the alarm to go off with my hands.

Try this:

- Make hand into a fist.
- Hit the tires hard with your fist.

Since I know that I would NOT be damaging the car by hitting the tires, I hit it hard......and the alarm went off. (you can also kick the tires, but it'll leave your nasty footprint on the sidewall).
Old 12-12-04 | 09:42 PM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

" ok..i just installed and my sense o shock and have problems as well. I took my time (3.5 hours) and made sure i followed the directions Exactly. I even had LMW send me install pics before I started. After all my wires were connected I tested the sensor before putting back the glove as stated in the install. I turned the sensor to the max settings. I set my alarm and waited 30 secs, then I opened the door and it went off, so thats good. Now heres my problems...

1. I hit the car with my open palms and the warning horn goes on just fine. It works on almost every part of the car. I continue to try and make the actual alarm go off but no success. I swear I am pounding on the car and nothing, only the warn horn chirps. I think if I hit the car any harder I'll dent my car and break my windows! So right now im like WTF, why won't the alarm go off...

2. Second problem,.. with the alarm OFF the sensor still seems to be working. What I mean is that everytime I close any of my doors the horn chirps!. Even if I hit the glass the alarm chirps. This is when the alarm is suppopsed to be off. I its dam pretty annoying right now.

I am calling LMW tommorrow morning but just wanted to share my install story..... "

i go the same problem. the horn still chirps even when the alarm is off..
Old 12-12-04 | 11:45 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 500000

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GS408
ok..i just installed and my sense o shock and have problems as well. I took my time (3.5 hours) and made sure i followed the directions Exactly. I even had LMW send me install pics before I started. After all my wires were connected I tested the sensor before putting back the glove as stated in the install. I turned the sensor to the max settings. I set my alarm and waited 30 secs, then I opened the door and it went off, so thats good. Now heres my problems...

1. I hit the car with my open palms and the warning horn goes on just fine. It works on almost every part of the car. I continue to try and make the actual alarm go off but no success. I swear I am pounding on the car and nothing, only the warn horn chirps. I think if I hit the car any harder I'll dent my car and break my windows! So right now im like WTF, why won't the alarm go off...

2. Second problem,.. with the alarm OFF the sensor still seems to be working. What I mean is that everytime I close any of my doors the horn chirps!. Even if I hit the glass the alarm chirps. This is when the alarm is suppopsed to be off. I its dam pretty annoying right now.

I am calling LMW tommorrow morning but just wanted to share my install story.....
[/QUOE]

same issues here with the shock sensor. If you find out anything please post here.
Old 12-13-04 | 10:11 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally posted by ILOVEGIRLS
Now heres my problems...

I am calling LMW tommorrow morning but just wanted to share my install story..... "
Dayam dudes...i have yet to install my shock-o-sensor yet....sounds like a design problem if the sensor warning horn goes off when the OEM Alarm is OFF. That would irritate the hell out of me too.

Please post up what LMW says to fix this.

Pete
Old 12-13-04 | 10:14 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Btw.....here is a clearer diagram I found in my Service/Maintenance CD...... B5 is actually the Body ECU No. 1.

Pete

Old 12-13-04 | 12:43 PM
GS408
Pole Position

Default Problem Solved

OK so I called LMW and told them my problems. I spoke with Raymond and he told me that the problem was most likely my wire connections. I was using plastic quick splices to connect the wires. (i thought this made things easier and faster, and the wiring was cleaner). But turns out the quick splices are crap and didn't even splice the wires correctly! Once I removed the splices I could tell the wires were not connected because the plastic shielding on the wires were intact and did not get penetrated.

So the fix was to remove the 3 splices I had used to connect the wires . Then I had to manually strip the wires, twist and tape. (i did not have a soldering iron, which is actually better to use). Now my sense o shock works great! I bumped up the sensitivity to about 3/4 of the way to make sure it goes off because Im just paraniod about my stuff.

Oh yea...when you are at the point where it says to "connect the yellow wire from the senseshock to the connector 2B pin 9 pink with black stripe wire.........make sure you do not cut the wire in half and try to twist and tape. It was be a pain in the a$$ to try and do because of the location of the wires. What I did was use a wire cutter and picked away at the plastic shielding on the wire until I got to the actual metal wire. Then I took the yellow wire from the senseoshock and twisted it securely around that wire and taped it all up. This is alot easier to do and believe me when you actually try this you will know what I'm talking about.

So thats it...this install took me all together about 5-6 hours...Not bad considering the first time around it was not my fault the stupid plastic splicers did not do there job. The most difficult things are the lack of space and tight areas where the wires are. Other than that the install was pretty straight forward.

Good Luck Guys!

and thanks LMW because there really helpfull....
Old 12-13-04 | 01:03 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 500000

Default Re: Problem Solved

Originally posted by GS408
OK so I called LMW and told them my problems. I spoke with Raymond and he told me that the problem was most likely my wire connections. I was using plastic quick splices to connect the wires. (i thought this made things easier and faster, and the wiring was cleaner). But turns out the quick splices are crap and didn't even splice the wires correctly! Once I removed the splices I could tell the wires were not connected because the plastic shielding on the wires were intact and did not get penetrated.

So the fix was to remove the 3 splices I had used to connect the wires . Then I had to manually strip the wires, twist and tape. (i did not have a soldering iron, which is actually better to use). Now my sense o shock works great! I bumped up the sensitivity to about 3/4 of the way to make sure it goes off because Im just paraniod about my stuff.

Oh yea...when you are at the point where it says to "connect the yellow wire from the senseshock to the connector 2B pin 9 pink with black stripe wire.........make sure you do not cut the wire in half and try to twist and tape. It was be a pain in the a$$ to try and do because of the location of the wires. What I did was use a wire cutter and picked away at the plastic shielding on the wire until I got to the actual metal wire. Then I took the yellow wire from the senseoshock and twisted it securely around that wire and taped it all up. This is alot easier to do and believe me when you actually try this you will know what I'm talking about.

So thats it...this install took me all together about 5-6 hours...Not bad considering the first time around it was not my fault the stupid plastic splicers did not do there job. The most difficult things are the lack of space and tight areas where the wires are. Other than that the install was pretty straight forward.

Good Luck Guys!

and thanks LMW because there really helpfull....
did this eliminate the warn honk when the oem alarm is off?
Old 12-13-04 | 01:07 PM
GS408
Pole Position

yea...the warn honk does not goes on anymore when i close my doors..haha ...everything is working perfect...
Old 12-13-04 | 01:22 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Cool...thanks for the advice on splicing the wires by hand...instead of using them quick wire connectors.

In fact...i experienced the same problem when I installed my underbody LEDs....so I had to redo it.

Pete
Old 12-13-04 | 02:57 PM
GS408
Pole Position

one thing i am noticing now....

when the alarm is turned OFF and all doors etc are closed.....the warning honk will still sound if I pound on the car. However, I can open the doors, trunk, hood just fine without the alarm sounding. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not.

Also, the stock alarm LED on the left side of the steering wheel is constantly blinking whether the alarm is on or off. I can't remember if it was like this before I installed the sense o shock. Can someone who hasn't installed theirs yet tell me if the light is blinking even if the alarm is not turned on....

thanks...
Old 12-13-04 | 09:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

umm that's interesting. i thought the idea is as long as the doom light is on, the alarm is disabled?
Old 12-14-04 | 05:34 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS408
one thing i am noticing now....

when the alarm is turned OFF and all doors etc are closed.....the warning honk will still sound if I pound on the car. However, I can open the doors, trunk, hood just fine without the alarm sounding. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not.

Also, the stock alarm LED on the left side of the steering wheel is constantly blinking whether the alarm is on or off. I can't remember if it was like this before I installed the sense o shock. Can someone who hasn't installed theirs yet tell me if the light is blinking even if the alarm is not turned on....

thanks...
The security LED always blinks until you put your key in and it recieves the proper chip code, then it cancels out the alarm and turns off..
sounds like your sensitivity was too high at first. From what I was told the warn-away is supose tobe on also when the alarm is OFF., so if someone hit or bumps your car or windows they get a short beep.

The warn-aways is suppose tobe disabled when the door is opened this is what Steve told me . Mine was still on when the doors were opened. I sent it back my module and LMW is going to fix or replace it.

The B-5 connector is at the bottom of the large connector, that the one this is a pain in tha a** to get to.. When I get my scanner up I'll scan a pic of he 25pin connector at the bottomthat the blue wire goes to The yellow wire goes to 2B in PHML diagram.
I took a lot of pic's of my install I'll round them up.
I did the remote start also I LOVE IT..

The wiring is not that hard to do but getting to the wires and what to look for w/o Any pics or instructions ( like for the sense-o-shock) is my biggiest compliant.
LMW Has been very, very helpfull evrytime I called ,and I called alot, But some poeple like to work on their cars at night and Sundays when you can't call LMW.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 10-21-05 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-14-04 | 09:16 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Just to clear the title of this thread, "Questions for those w/ Sense O Shock Alarm"
Luxlink is the Starter Unit...

First, I would like to thank everyone for their patience and participation in the Group Buy for the GS Model.

Second, I would to appoligize for not finding this thread sooner and trying to clear some of the smoke. We are sorrry that some of you are having problems.

It seems that several members have had some trouble or issues with their Sense O Shock Alarm installation. All have received the instructions, but some need actual color photos. We did send some e-mails out for those who requested.
I do know that many of you have called the shop and received Technical assistance by one of our Techs.
In which the problem was resolved. Some had wires hooked up wrong and some had bad connections, etc.

We have experienced a problem with a few units that were shipped, in which the actual unit was not working properely. (Problem unknown)
We are working very fast to get NEW units sent out to those who had a "bad" unit.
Sometimes if the wiring is hooked up incorrectly, the unit can fry or may start to malfunction after its installed correctly.

WE WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!
WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SATISFICATION.
IF NECESSARY, PLEASE GIVE US A CALL IF YOU NEED TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE..
OVER THE PHONE GUIDANCE WILL BE GIVEN (626) 256-4849

Between this Friday or Saturday I will be uploading some color pictures of a Sense o Shock Alarm Install of a GS onto the ClubLexus Photo Gallery. I will then post the link in here for all to view.

Thank You All!!

Joe Z
Old 12-14-04 | 11:37 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Joe....

Thanks for the support.

I have yet to install mines....just too busy.....maybe around the Holiday weekends I will make some time for the install.....wish me luck.

Pete
Old 12-15-04 | 01:43 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Default B-5 connector

This is what the B5 conneector looks like on the bottom of the passenger side junction box

Quick Reply: Question for those w/ LMW Sense O Shock Alarm