GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Authentic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-04 | 02:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by BigMoNYC
Has anyone actually made a purchase from him? Im looking at his feedback rating and reading through some of the feedback left for him....... he seems like a good seller. Seems like everyone has bad reviews about the guy meanwhile no one has purchased anything. Just my .02
do you wanna give it a try? for me, i just can't trust someone selling stuff when the person himself doesn't know enough about the product
Old 12-02-04 | 04:47 PM
CaMsGS3
Lead Lap

guys what do you mean by mirror covers, do they go over the stock mirrors, if so how do they look?Ricey??

anyone have any pics with these "covers"
Old 12-02-04 | 05:07 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rominl
yeah i agree with neo. unless you can find a good souce that can do the center console perfect as well, which is almost impossible, otherwise it's too much money and work to get something that doesn't fit perfect
Back in August when Steve Ganz was unveiling his revised site, I asked him about the blackwood center console. He said he thought he had figured it out and would be putting it on the site soon. Check the third page down near the bottom. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=131257

I hadn't secured my car yet, so it slipped my mind. Maybe it's time to check back again...

Jeff
Old 12-02-04 | 09:46 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

John
Old 12-02-04 | 10:00 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by CaMsGS3
guys what do you mean by mirror covers, do they go over the stock mirrors, if so how do they look?Ricey??

anyone have any pics with these "covers"
Here are mine that I've had in the gallery for other threads.

On the car:

Top View:

From the Front View:

Front and back:

They are not that noticeable at a glance. I took the closeups at specific angles to show the cover edges (as requested by a member in a previous thread).
Old 12-02-04 | 10:18 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Neo
Here are mine that I've had in the gallery for other threads.

On the car:

Top View:

From the Front View:

Front and back:

They are not that noticeable at a glance. I took the closeups at specific angles to show the cover edges (as requested by a member in a previous thread).
So, do these go on OVER the existing mirror enclosure, or do you remove the standard mirror housing leaving the mirror and motor behind and cover it with the new part which contains the lights? Are they LED? I assume you tap into the power to the turn signal indicator so they blink in unison with the turn signals.
Old 12-02-04 | 10:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by phunkyGS
Back in August when Steve Ganz was unveiling his revised site, I asked him about the blackwood center console. He said he thought he had figured it out and would be putting it on the site soon. Check the third page down near the bottom. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=131257

I hadn't secured my car yet, so it slipped my mind. Maybe it's time to check back again...

Jeff
well, in that sense, i was pretty much the first here to have full blackwood on my car custom made too. all i can say isn't easy plus it's too hard to do the shift ****, which can be a serious problem.

i know another place where you might be able to get it. i forgot where it is though, just read about it that's all
Old 12-02-04 | 10:25 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by DetMich1
So, do these go on OVER the existing mirror enclosure, or do you remove the standard mirror housing leaving the mirror and motor behind and cover it with the new part which contains the lights? Are they LED? I assume you tap into the power to the turn signal indicator so they blink in unison with the turn signals.
Over the existing mirror housing. You just need to drill a small hole in the original housing for the wiring of the turn signal. I believe they are LEDs and yes on the wiring to the existing signal.
Old 12-02-04 | 10:38 PM
CaMsGS3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Neo
Over the existing mirror housing. You just need to drill a small hole in the original housing for the wiring of the turn signal. I believe they are LEDs and yes on the wiring to the existing signal.
thanks for the info, do you have any info on
1. where can i order these things
2. any writeup on where to tap into the existing wiring signal

thanks
Old 12-02-04 | 11:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by CaMsGS3
thanks for the info, do you have any info on
1. where can i order these things
2. any writeup on where to tap into the existing wiring signal

thanks
1. you can get it from steve ganz (supratrd). he's from carson toyota, a vendor here
2. you can probably tap all the way to the front turn signals, just need to go through the firewall. or you can probably try to tap into the turn signals in the steering column. not sure how hard it is though
Old 12-03-04 | 03:32 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Those TRD are old style.................... get the new and improved

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=139738
Old 12-04-04 | 01:02 PM
rodel
Advanced

http://www.lextasy.com/lexus_wise_a...r_1380_prd1.htm

This is a replica.
Old 12-04-04 | 01:36 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by rodel
http://www.lextasy.com/lexus_wise_a...r_1380_prd1.htm

This is a replica.
Replica of what? Link does not work other than to the Lextasy front page. I think the ... is messing you up.
Old 12-04-04 | 10:05 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Neo: It's a replica of the Wise front bumper in my original ???. That's all, it was directed towards that.

John
Old 12-05-04 | 10:42 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by JohnGS4
Neo: It's a replica of the Wise front bumper in my original ???. That's all, it was directed towards that.
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply: Authentic?