GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Authentic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-04, 09:54 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Authentic? and....

I was searching for Ebay and found a few things.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...PcY_BIN_Stores

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33716

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...PcY_BIN_Stores

???? Anyone?

Also, what about this front bumper with L-Sportline rear and sides?

http://www.lextasy.com/lexus_wise_ar..._1380_prd1.htm

Last edited by JohnGS4; 11-30-04 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-30-04, 10:15 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The first one is actually the Tom's mirror covers. I did not hear anything about TRD marketing them but I'm curious why they are already painted black in the pics. $249 is actually a good price for those.

The tail lights are DIYable but I prefer amber 01+ tails to clear 98-00 tails. Just personal preference.

As for the blackwood, I'd avoid it. You won't be able to match the center console wood piece to it, even if you get JDM since the JDM cars are RHD and the wood piece is shaped slightly different on he left and right. There are other ways to get all the blackwood to match.
Old 11-30-04, 10:28 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

I was thinking the mirrors are the Tom's. Looks exactly like them. If i'm not mistaken, it says they are used, and that's why they are painted black.

As for the Tails, i know they are DIYable, and i would never do that with the 98-00 tails. I would just go 01+.

Never knew that about the RHD being slightly different on the wood panels on the side. They look authentic but who knows.

Any idea on the Wise front bumper? I really like that, but it says Wise style so i know it's not authentic, any idea on where to get that front?

John
Old 11-30-04, 10:46 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Those Mirror does look like the tom's covers. And the price is Good.

For the LSportline kit.. I will definately not deal with Lextasy.com. Owner used to be a CL member and was ripping member off before. Contact Steve Ganz L-Tunedparts.com for the Lsportline kit. From what i heard from many sources.. Lsportline will be discontinue. They are onlyl selling wat they have left. So good luck finding Lsportline parts. Be aware the prices on their products went up. Since Lsporline is goin out of business.

Tommy
Old 11-30-04, 10:49 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by JohnGS4
Never knew that about the RHD being slightly different on the wood panels on the side. They look authentic but who knows.
Just to be clear, the door ones are the same. It is the center console that is not symmetrical. Because of this and the fact that the JDM cars are the mirror image of ours, the JDM console piece won't fit right.

Last edited by Neo; 11-30-04 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-30-04, 10:51 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buyer be aware!

the guy who is putting up the clear rear taillight is the same guy who put up the Junction Produce taillight for sale on ebay not long ago. He eventually pull the item out. I have left several messages to this guy without any success for his respond. I don't think he is legit. Just my .02

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 11-30-04 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-30-04, 10:59 PM
Agent$mith
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Lexus GS3,
I heard they were discontinuing the L-sportline kit also. Do you know if there's gonna be something better replacing it? I like the sportline kit, but not sure if I want to buy a discontinued kit.

Thanks,
Old 11-30-04, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah i agree with neo. unless you can find a good souce that can do the center console perfect as well, which is almost impossible, otherwise it's too much money and work to get something that doesn't fit perfect
Old 11-30-04, 11:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by GSXOTIC
Buyer be aware!

the guy who is putting up the clear rear taillight is the same guy who put up the Junction Produce taillight for sale on ebay not long ago. He eventually pull the item out. I have left several messages to this guy without any success for his respond. I don't think he is legit. Just my .02
wow, thanks for the heads up man. sounds very shady now
Old 11-30-04, 11:14 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally posted by Agent$mith
Hey Lexus GS3,
I heard they were discontinuing the L-sportline kit also. Do you know if there's gonna be something better replacing it? I like the sportline kit, but not sure if I want to buy a discontinued kit.

Thanks,
Agent: The next kit combo i like is wat Ken (lxogood) has. He has the Veiside exec. Rear, side and rear spoiler with Lsportline front. Do a search on the gallery and you'll find pics of his ride. His car is very sweeeet and heavily modded.

Currently I have the LTuned SIdes, Grill, TTE front lip and Lsportline rear. IT looks very subtle and clean. As for replacement.. I wouuld say the RMM rear looks very good. Explosion is also very good, but make sure you get the real explosion kit because the fake kit fitment is so bad. Also the Wald add on kit is sweet. You can get a very good price on that kit. Loook under da vendor section contact Steve Ganz at
L-tunedparts.com.

tommy

Last edited by Lexus GS3; 11-30-04 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-30-04, 11:26 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, that seller is shady. Especially he email replys. Same guy that was selling the JP tails and the fake JP grille that didnt even look like it.
Old 12-01-04, 06:31 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Lexus GS3
Those Mirror does look like the tom's covers. And the price is Good.

For the LSportline kit.. I will definately not deal with Lextasy.com. Owner used to be a CL member and was ripping member off before. Contact Steve Ganz L-Tunedparts.com for the Lsportline kit. From what i heard from many sources.. Lsportline will be discontinue. They are onlyl selling wat they have left. So good luck finding Lsportline parts. Be aware the prices on their products went up. Since Lsporline is goin out of business.

Tommy
Sorry i wasn't asking about the L-Sportline bodkit. I have that already and am looking to replace it with somehting else. The link was actually supposed to be to a Wise front bumper copy. I do not feel comfortable dealing with Lextasy.com as i have had a bad occurance with them. I should restate my question as to what the Wise kit is called and how much it is.

John
Old 12-01-04, 06:56 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you guys are 100% correct about this seller

i reguards to the JP grill and lights

he tried to pass off the grill as a 2000 jp grill before the current billet one

and as the taillights go ...when they were up for auction i bid on them and then took back my bid because

i just had a weird feeling because he said he was fron Newport California but his email add.

was from Japan

stay away from this guy ....
Old 12-01-04, 09:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by T.L.W.
you guys are 100% correct about this seller

i reguards to the JP grill and lights

he tried to pass off the grill as a 2000 jp grill before the current billet one

and as the taillights go ...when they were up for auction i bid on them and then took back my bid because

i just had a weird feeling because he said he was fron Newport California but his email add.

was from Japan

stay away from this guy ....
very bs imho... the jp grille has been like the current one since 98, what the hell was he talking about. not to mention, tell him to first confirm what the grille is for.... it's not for the GS...
Old 12-02-04, 10:41 AM
BigMoNYC
Lexus Test Driver

Has anyone actually made a purchase from him? Im looking at his feedback rating and reading through some of the feedback left for him....... he seems like a good seller. Seems like everyone has bad reviews about the guy meanwhile no one has purchased anything. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Authentic?