GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Latest On Venom Nitrous!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-01, 03:33 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Finally got a call back from Greg @ Venom. The tenative date of release for a GS4 kit is 60 days from now - something about a change in management within Python ( uh-oh!? ):eek: setting things back for that amount of time. They don't sell direct to the public but gave me the name of their #1 dealer ( in Lexington, NC ) - *** Imports. Talked to the owner ( Mike ) & he said that the typical Venom kit went for $1300 with nothing else to buy ( don't need a bottle warmer as the software allows for that somehow, etc ). Using the power granted by all of ya'll as a Super Moderator ( yeah, I'm SURE that helped!! ), I talked to him about a group buy. He needs a minimum of 3 GUARANTEED ( read: money up front ) & then he'll work some numbers for us. He's also gonna light a fire under Venom & contact me when things shape up & I'll pass things on to all interested parties. Jusy joking about the sarcasm of being a Mod - it's truly an honor to be selected & I'm proud to be of service to everyone!!
Old 05-07-01, 04:20 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I need now is a guarantee in writing with laywer's affirmation and seal of approval that if the engine blows, they will buy me a new one. Just kidding. I would probably be interested as soon as I can find someone to install it properly and assuer me that my inexperience can't blow the engine up
Old 05-07-01, 05:00 PM
BBD
....BANNED! :-)

Mean Gene u say his name is Greg @ Venom .. I am VERY intrestead in a N2O system for the GS400 and the venom as you said was Computraized I just got off the phone with NOS they said they didnt have one for the GS400 but they have a Universal System ,,, but hell if Venom are gona make one for the GS400 pich me in ,, hmm can you give me a ball park number to play with here ??? so I can be ready when it would be on sale,, and yes I am not looking for a Direct port ,,, I would go with a Dry System for sure
Old 05-07-01, 06:39 PM
BBD

come on guys this Venom system is UNBELIVABLE totaly programble,,,,,,,,, sheet I cant wait for a response from you Mean Gene U gona make me stay up for 60 days with caffein Pills man ,,
Old 05-08-01, 08:16 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Cool Venom Kit

Mariusz - Well, U can forget about the anti-blowup guarantee for sure!! FWIW - the Venom software is what makes the kit so appealling to me as it makes the system ALMOST idiot-proof!! Greg explained that their kit has it's own ECU-type module that monitors all the engine functions necessary for safe nitrous injection instead of relying on fixed jetting like on the NOS or NX kits. These style kits are OK as long as U KNOW that the engine & it's systems ( fuel, spark, etc ) can handle the power you've dialed in. In the case of the GS where there's some question as to the fuel delivery capability, the Venom module will allow nitrous to be injected ONLY when it's determined that there's sufficient fuel/spark/air flow to properly & safely utilize the nitrous. I recall that he told me that the user does have a range of nitrous power from which they can choose but that the module has the final say in exactly how much is sprayed. In other words, if U choose a 50-100 range of power, the module determines the maximum power that the engine can handle & dials that in. It might be the full 100 HP at low rpms ( where fuel pressure & flow is not working at high duty cycles ) but as the rpms rise, it may lower the nitrous flow to the 50 HP level or completely shut the system down if it can't sustain even that power rating - better to lose a race than a $15k engine, right?:eek: ). Sounds almost too good but they've been out for awhile - just haven't seen the demand for a Lexus kit until recently. Will stay in touch with them every few weeks & pass it on to all interested parties.
Old 05-08-01, 08:32 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Mean Gene, Keep us posted
Old 06-01-01, 06:09 PM
BBD

Guys Any new Info about this system ,,, .. ??????? still waiting for my car to get out of the shop getting new spoilers put on after this am going for NOS is the venom ready yet ???????????? whats the number for that Greg at Venom I would like to call him and see what they are up too I WANT MY SHOT OF N2O or am gona die man ,,, lol
Old 06-03-01, 12:27 AM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Mean Gene- Like before, I might also be interested in the near few months, just saving up for the coilovers. Let me know prices with and without the GP...thanks
Old 06-03-01, 03:32 PM
nycvr6
Driver School Candidate

Just a thought...You might want to talk to the guys at NOS about a kit for your cars...They are the original nitrous company..They have OUTSTANDING technical support...I have been working with cars and nitrous for years now...I would not trust any company accept NOS, and MAYBE nitrous express...I have also heard that the servicing of the solenoids on the venom kits is expensive (not sure though)..NOS has been in the business the longest, and they are the leaders in that market..I am in no way bad mouthing venom, just thought i might let you guys know what i think...
Justin
Old 06-04-01, 10:35 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up NOS

Justin - I've run Nitrous Oxide Systems products on 2 prior cars with great results. The problem with them concerning the Lexus is that they feel the demand for a GS kit just isn't worth the R&D money, or so the saleman/technician I spoke with said. Lexus only produces something like 5000 or so GS4's per year & how many of them would consider nitrous? I can see the NOS viewpoint but would like to see them develop one. As I've stated before, Venom is intriging to me as it seems to be the safest kit available. I HAVE blown an engine with my NOS kit - my fault as I was playing with the jetting!:eek: But I've also had a friend lose his motor because the fuel solenoid failed & the nitrous was injected without the required fuel enrichening & instant lean out!! The Venom kit would immediately shut down the kit BEFORE this could occur as it constantly monitors things with it's own ECU. Kinda like moving the use of nitrous into the 21st century, IMO.
Old 06-04-01, 04:27 PM
nycvr6
Driver School Candidate

An NOS fuel solenoid didnt open? that should be no problem if the proper fuel pressure safety switch that is included with the kit was installed...Also i wasnt aware that NOS didnt make a kit specifically for the gs...BUT, then again i run a direct port setup on my vr6 and the kit is not specifically designed for any certain motor...It is just a generic type 6 cyl. direct port plumbing kit...I am sure that they sell a similar setup for your 8 banger, it must be the same kit that the mustangs and stuff use...I have installed nitrous on about 7 cars, plus mine..I have also blown a motor running a 125 direct port shot on a stock block, the setup lasted for a while, which i didnt think it would...I am not trying to push people away from venom, just wanted to give my thoughts...Find out about the servicing of their solenoids though, i have heard that it can be expensive if one goes bad, NOS sells cheap rebuild kits for theirs...Which ever route any of you choose, Good luck, and let me know how things turn out..
Justin
Old 06-04-01, 06:15 PM
BBD

Exclamation

here is a replay I got from people at NOS holly I Emaild them earlier last night this was their response

" We currently do not have a kit for your GS400. The 1999 and up models
use a return-less style fuel systems. We are working on the electronics
required to make a kit work. We should have some information in the next
few months.

Thanks, NOS tech dept."

Old 06-05-01, 07:45 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Talking Ditto!

That's the same response I got from NOS over a year ago. Like I said, I prefer to stay with stuff that I've used before & that's why I called NOS first. They told me that they were concentrating on the new 'Vettes & Camaro/Firebird fuel systems & it would be a long while before they got around to the GS, even though it's the same principle of fuel delivery. I'm like Justin - I've had good results with NOS but am kinda tired of waiting. Anyway, Nitrous Express has had a kit for at least a year - anyone tried it yet? I recall a member had a NX system on an earlier Lexus ( don't remember the model, though ). Gonna call Venom & see how they're coming along.
Old 06-05-01, 09:11 PM
chino78
Rookie

Will the Venom kit work on my GS430? I really want to know. The idea of 50-100hp at my fingertips on my GS sounds nice. But can someone explain to me exactly how NO2 actually works I have a very rough idea but a brief explanation would set me straight. After I blow my money on everything else I want (srt intake, exhaust, Lowenhart bs5 ddc 19's, Ltuned suspension and steering ecu, and a TC) I'll be looking at a NO2 kit. Keep us informed

Thanks