GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

License Plate frame?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-04, 10:24 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
sure but IMO, if I didn't have my FOP plate border, I would leave it nekkid
I would, but the previous owners plate frame scratched underneath so now I need some kind of frame to cover scratches.
Old 12-07-04, 10:27 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Ricey on a Lex?
Attached Thumbnails License Plate frame?-trdframe.jpg  
Old 12-07-04, 11:25 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

1) True: there is no reason to have "Lexus" on the rear of your car twice. Less is more.

2) Al the cars I have seen with DUB stickers belong to total posers. I saw a Spectra Blue Lexus GS300 with a big DUB sticker on the rear side window just last week. It had super-bling chrome 20" baller wheels on it- not lowered, tinted, or anything. Anybody can go to Rent-A-Wheel and get cheap 20" wheels for $25 a month... add a $1 DUB sticker, and you're a player, I guess!!

Back to the plate frame- TRD, TM Engineering, JP, etc., it's all good. But the Lexus frame is part of what I call the "MLC package" (Mid-Life Crisis). Throw on some chrome-exchange wheels with gold emblems, gold exhaust tips, and your initials in script on the front doors, and you're all set! For ultra-MLC, just add Landau top, a sunroof deflector, and gold pinstripes!!

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 12-07-04 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-07-04, 11:41 AM
JDM SC4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SoCalSC4
1) True: there is no reason to have "Lexus" on the rear of your car twice. Less is more.

2) Al the cars I have seen with DUB stickers belong to total posers. I saw a Spectra Blue Lexus GS300 with a big DUB sticker on the rear side window just last week. It had super-bling chrome 20" baller wheels on it- not lowered, tinted, or anything. Anybody can go to Rent-A-Wheel and get cheap 20" wheels for $25 a month... add a $1 DUB sticker, and you're a player, I guess!!

Back to the plate frame- TRD, TM Engineering, JP, etc., it's all good. But the Lexus frame is part of what I call the "MLC package" (Mid-Life Crisis). Throw on some chrome-exchange wheels with gold emblems, gold exhaust tips, and your initials in script on the front doors, and you're all set! For ultra-MLC, just add Landau top, a sunroof deflector, and gold pinstripes!!
LOL
Old 12-07-04, 11:42 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with SoCalSC4 on the plates. I am not a fan of the DUB plates/stickers/etc.
Old 12-07-04, 01:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

totally agree with you bob i can care less if people wanna know if i have 20s. if they are good, they know i got 20s. if they are good, they dont care about dub
Old 12-07-04, 01:48 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the Chrome Lexus plate cover on mine..... previous owner had it on already but I actually like it. Unless there is a ClubLexus plate....like my old .NET one..then I'm keeping this sucka!!!
Old 12-07-04, 02:26 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I think you should go with a plain chrome or a black one.
Old 12-07-04, 03:40 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Less = better. No reason to say 'Lexus' twice on the back of your car.
Dave is exactly right!! the badging already says lexus, see no good reason to put on a frame that shouts Lexus again. For me, I got a chrome frame with a subtle L inside of circle logo in brushed chrome on the chrome frame sort of tone on tone. My personalized plate reads GS4HDRD
Old 12-07-04, 03:47 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Hey, sounds like a pretty nice car. NOT!!!

But it definately made me LOL, SoCal you are too funny
Old 12-07-04, 04:40 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up License Plate Frames

I've got the 3rd one down and I like it. I've also got the little gold L on my 17" chrome wheels and guess what I like them.

If you don't like it thats okay. I see lots of stuff on this forum that I don't like, but I don't get on here put the people down who do like the stuff

It would get real boring around here, if we all had cars that looked exactly alike.

I don't know what all the self elected gods of good taste would complain about then.

3dog
Old 12-07-04, 05:05 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

socal
is there really a place called RENT A WHEEL or am i this gullible
Old 12-07-04, 05:06 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

oh ya i got a plate that says gs430... i liek it .. it looks chomre until you get up on it and it says 430 ethced in.. cant really notice it far away.. but i like it..
Old 12-07-04, 05:13 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 00lexondub
oh ya i got a plate that says gs430... i liek it .. it looks chomre until you get up on it and it says 430 ethced in.. cant really notice it far away.. but i like it..
If you don't mind ,where'd you find that?
Old 12-07-04, 06:46 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

got it off a guy on ebay... back in may.

Quick Reply: License Plate frame?