GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

License Plate frame?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-04, 10:11 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 00lexondub
got it off a guy on ebay... back in may.
Is it the one that has sort of a brushed chrome letters etched on shiney chrome? That's what I'm talking about. I just have the L in halo etched at the very bottom of the frame.
Old 12-07-04, 10:17 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: License Plate Frames

Originally posted by 3dog
I've got the 3rd one down and I like it. I've also got the little gold L on my 17" chrome wheels and guess what I like them.

If you don't like it thats okay. I see lots of stuff on this forum that I don't like, but I don't get on here put the people down who do like the stuff

It would get real boring around here, if we all had cars that looked exactly alike.

I don't know what all the self elected gods of good taste would complain about then.

3dog
3 dog, of course you are right. None of us has the corner on perfect style and we ought to be careful about how we come off when we make comments about other peoples design decisions. I just think overall its a matter of degree. You can take anything too far Sometimes you like EVERTHING you see, and you just cant stop yourself from putting it ALL on the car. Its just that you can get so many things screaming for attention that it becomes a distraction rather than an enhancement. No offense intended and I hope none taken.
Old 12-08-04, 05:06 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink Re: Re: License Plate Frames

Originally posted by DetMich1
3 dog, of course you are right. None of us has the corner on perfect style and we ought to be careful about how we come off when we make comments about other peoples design decisions. I just think overall its a matter of degree. You can take anything too far Sometimes you like EVERTHING you see, and you just cant stop yourself from putting it ALL on the car. Its just that you can get so many things screaming for attention that it becomes a distraction rather than an enhancement. No offense intended and I hope none taken.

Okay I'll try not to to burst anymore blood vessels.

3dog
Old 12-08-04, 09:29 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

is there really a place called RENT A WHEEL or am i this gullible
http://www.rentawheel.com/

You got it! Hard to believe, isn't it?

I don't know what all the self elected gods of good taste would complain about then.
Sorry if you took offense... generally, in car-crazy California, gold is considered fairly.... for lack of a better word... 90s. To each his own- I thought the purpose of this thread was to get everybody's opinion!
Old 12-08-04, 04:31 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by SoCalSC4

Sorry if you took offense... generally, in car-crazy California, gold is considered fairly.... for lack of a better word... 90s. To each his own- I thought the purpose of this thread was to get everybody's opinion! [/B]
It is easy to put someone down.. Just remember Club Lexus is made up of more than just young car-crazy Californians.

3dog

Last edited by 3dog; 12-08-04 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-08-04, 05:41 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 3dog
It is easy to put someone down.. Just remember Club Lexus is made up of more than just young car-crazy Californians.

3dog
Yeah, like us old car-crazy (so my kids tell me) Californians
Old 12-08-04, 06:43 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

3dog, just to be clear, my opinion was no different from others who answered the thread early on.
One person even referred to the DUB plate as "gay" (perhaps this was not very "P.C.")
Perhaps my opinion is worth less than theirs?
You responded to my opinion, which I expressed in this thread started by another CL member (not you).

Have a sense of humor... or put one on your wish list!

-Bob
Old 12-08-04, 07:41 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by SoCalSC4
3dog, just to be clear, my opinion was no different from others who answered the thread early on.
One person even referred to the DUB plate as "gay" (perhaps this was not very "P.C.")
Perhaps my opinion is worth less than theirs?
You responded to my opinion, which I expressed in this thread started by another CL member (not you).

Have a sense of humor... or put one on your wish list!

-Bob
Bob you are the one putting down some of the stuff I have on my car. That is why I am responding to it.
I do not have dub plates and don't care about them although saying they were gay is also wrong.
And while I know you were not
picking me out as your target, I do find it offensive. It is easy to be critical of others. You just decided to
call what I do a Mid Life Crisis

But the Lexus frame is part of what I call the "MLC package" (Mid-Life Crisis). Throw on some chrome-exchange wheels with gold emblems, gold exhaust tips, and your initials in script on the front doors, and you're all set! For ultra-MLC, just add Landau top, a sunroof deflector, and gold pinstripes!!

Now all I have of that is the Lexus frame which I display because I think it looks good and I'm proud to own and drive my car. I also have the little gold L which is on my 17" chrome Lexus wheels. I think it looks good. I know you are trying to be funny. But ask yourself how you would like it if someone got on here and did the same to your pride and joy. Somehow I think you would lose your sense of humor.

3dog
Old 12-08-04, 09:08 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK guys. Let's put things in perspective. This is a thread about a license plate frame. It is not a hard-core mod. No need to get too heated over it. I know we are all passionate about our cars and because of that, we have strong opinions on what is aesthetically pleasing and what is not. As long as we stand by it, other people's opinions should be weighed but should not get under our skins.

3dog and Bob, please take it to PM if you want to continue the "conversation". Otherwise, let's get back to the topic of framing our license plates.

Also, 3dog and Bob, please check your PMs.

Last edited by Neo; 12-08-04 at 09:08 PM.