GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

01+ GS300 OWNERS, New Products from LMW

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-04, 08:31 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 01+ GS300 OWNERS, New Products from LMW

The crew over at Luxury Motorworks have developed a few new aftermarket products for the GS / IS300 cars. It falls under their LMS logo or Luxury Motor Sports... First up to bat is their new Cold Air intake.. They should have a supply for the 98 and up GS ready for sale sometime around Xmas. You can either get this intake polished or polished annodized black. The only major modification you have to do is to cut a hole in the engine bay to get the pipe down to the fog light. The 3" K&N filter sits behind the fog and sounds sweet. There is no ECU that comes with this intake & you will not get a CEL. When dyno'd on a stock IS300, RWHP was 5 with 8 lbs. of torque. The most noticable difference about this intake is the low to mid range of power you get. Power feels constant through the entire rpms. And running this intake on cold nights is a blast. The damn car pulled nicely... Finally, this intake can also be used towards their Super Charger Setup if you decide you need more power down the road. Cost is $225.00

Members living in rainy parts of North America should not use this intake if you plan on driving through lakes of water.

Here is a pic of what it looked like on my car...

Another LMS product which was just completed is their Dual Layered Heat Shield. YES, DUAL LAYERED. This by far is the nicest heat shield (sorry PLP & injen) on the market. The welds are tig welded, and you can order your heat shield in any of these colors: red, blue, black, polished, and brushed aluminum. They are extremely light but very rigid. This badboy will not flex or bend. There is a 1/4" gap between layers to trap any heat that may be rising up. This heat shield will do an excellent job keeping heat temp down and away from your intake. Est. price will be $135.00 annodized/polished.

Here is a couple of pics that Joe Z from LMW took today...

Here are a few sample colors...

Here is a pic of the 1/4" space between layers...

If anyone has any questions about these new products from our VENDOR, check out their website at www.luxurymotorworks.com or give them a call.. Also, keep your eyes opened in the vendor section after the holidays when they plan to do several more GB's...

Stay tuned for the Luxury Motor Sports GS300 SC debut...

Ken

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 12-10-04 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-10-04, 08:42 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good ken..Do the heatshields fit the first gen GS??Can they make one for it??
Old 12-10-04, 08:47 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Let me look into it. If there is a demand for it, I'm sure they will put the time into it. Right now I'm really pushing hard for them to develop GS300 parts. Us GS300 owners need some love in the aftermarket world. The IS guys have all the fun.
Old 12-10-04, 08:55 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Let me look into it. If there is a demand for it, I'm sure they will put the time into it. Right now I'm really pushing hard for them to develop GS300 parts. Us GS300 owners need some love in the aftermarket world. The IS guys have all the fun.
Thanks ken..The only difference between the first and second gen gs300 motor is that the second gen doesn't have a distributor and the first gen does..
Old 12-10-04, 08:56 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by johnee78
Thanks ken..The only difference between the first and second gen gs300 motor is that the second gen doesn't have a distributor and the first gen does..
Cool, I'll call them tomorrow and get an answer for ya...
Old 12-10-04, 09:01 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Looks cool man.. How much does the intake and air filter go for?
Old 12-10-04, 09:04 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Cost is $225.00 plus shipping...
Old 12-10-04, 09:06 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great. Looking forward to the SC feedback.
Old 12-11-04, 01:03 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Looks good Ken.. cant wait for your car to be dynoed after the SC install. Good thing they came out with the heat shields. I was actually looking into getting one of those also.

Do you know when exactly they'll be doing a Gb for those?
Old 12-11-04, 01:18 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that they have the Is300 supercharger kits out...

any idea when the GS300 98+ kits will be comming out???

groupbuy
Old 12-11-04, 01:23 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

I believe it should be out in jan. LXOGOOD's car should be done on the 18th. I'm getting so excited.
Old 12-11-04, 01:47 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ken.....your just killin me here......but I must resist this temptation.

My ride is now 3rd priority in my life.....LOL!!!!
Old 12-11-04, 02:02 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Any idea if LMW superchargers are ever gonna be in a group buy? i see it as a very good possiblity... sence most of there other products have been in a group buy.... they seem to be a motivated company, going out of ther way to move/sell there products, then again.. the stuff they are making pretty much sell them self... supercharger, upgraded alarm, remote start, heatshield... now this intake... big to LMW

they seem like a nice, Solid Vendor for clublexus... only heard good things about LMW! keep up the good work, my alarm and remote start is workin perfectly
Old 12-11-04, 02:09 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Ken, the heatshield, does it come with a logo/sticker to place on the heatshield? One thing I like about PLP heatshield is that it has a logo on it.
Old 12-11-04, 10:15 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by D-MAN63
Ken, the heatshield, does it come with a logo/sticker to place on the heatshield? One thing I like about PLP heatshield is that it has a logo on it.
Believe it or not, the guys at LMW voted against having a sticker or logo for the time being. I believe they are working on some kind of etched look into the heatshield. Of course you can get one of their stickers to put on but I'm not sure how well it will stick once the heat shield gets hot...

Quick Reply: 01+ GS300 OWNERS, New Products from LMW