GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Nose Bra for GS 400??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-01, 09:06 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool

Does anyone know of a company that makes a 2 piece nose bra for the GS models. I know it kind of kills the front of the vehicle by putting one of these on but because I like in beautiful Canada and unfortunately my GS 400 gets drivin in the winter the road salt and sand has done a number on the front bumper.

Any help and/or pictures of a nose bra would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Nose Bra for GS 400??-lexus-back.jpg  
Old 05-09-01, 09:14 PM
BBD
....BANNED! :-)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm Nose bra sure I seen one posted in the Picture gallery somewhere U might wanna check that out,, Welcome to the Club.

however am not sure who makes em but if you look at the gallery you will see the picture and just contact the guy who owns it
Old 05-09-01, 09:23 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the nose bra makes the car look ugly if you wanted the protection you should look into 3M film they make a thin clear plastic film that goes over your front bumper and thick films that go over your headlights the film also goes over the side view mirrors which is cool and it hardlt shows at all if you wanna see what I mean by not showing look at my car on the members ride I have it done to my car it does protect the paint especialy on black cars since they dont have a clear coat and I live in seattle so the weather is pretty bad and we also use the whole salt and sand thing

but if you really wanted the bra your dealer should offer it at parts department
Old 05-09-01, 09:29 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am very interested in that 3M clear film thing, help !
Old 05-09-01, 09:44 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Default Nose Bra

Thanks all for the replies.. I searched through all the Gallery pictures for that car with the bra but didn't see it.. When I leased my GS I should of done the 3M clear film from the dealer but I didn't want to spend the money (I know stupid me).. In 14 months when my lease is up I will probably do the 3M thing with the SC 430 or GS 430.. By the way does anyone know when Lexus is totally revamping the GS models.. My Lexus dealer here in Canada seems to think 2003 and I also heard that there will be a GS to compete with the M5.. He called it a Super GS??
Old 05-09-01, 10:17 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

If you really want a nose bra that fits nicely with the car, you should get one from the dealer. They should cost you around $150 (US). Unfortunately, they won't sell you just the one piece. You have to buy the top and the bottom piece.

I have to agree with biggie that, the nose bra doesn't make your car look good. However, it does protect the front end of your car. I never bother to put the bottom piece on because it is too hard to put it on. In addition, we don't get much of snow down here at so cal I do find the top piece useful when driving on the highway. It will protect your car from the bugs and the rocks.

If you look carefully at some of the "GROUP MEET" picture posting ( I cannot remember if it is the Nor Cal meet or the Atlanta meet) one of the gold GS in the back ground has a full bra on.

Well, good luck
Old 05-09-01, 10:32 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Hey Biggie27,

Had a question for you about the 3M. You said that you have it on your car and I was wondering about the hood. I did call stonegaurd and was told that it does cover all parts of the hood and goes to the edge. Can you let me know if thats true and your personal feedback. I am planning on getting it before the LA trip for the meeting.

thanks
Old 05-09-01, 10:40 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

By the way,

The place where I had my car windows tinted quoted me $450-$600 to have my car protectd with that 3M film thing......... Is that too much? Anybody......?
Old 05-09-01, 10:50 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

I think paying 400 to 600 is way toooo much. Shops will charge about 250 to 300 to tint all 5 windows and with the 3M. It comes pre-cut for each car. All they really have to do is clean and install the 3M.
As for me. I have to cut out the front bumper sense I have a kit which will take some time. Still I don't think its too hard.
See if they will do it for about 300. if not than go else where or call around for a quote.

Good Luck.....
Old 05-09-01, 11:35 PM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Lexus makes a very tight fitting bra for the GS. Like someone else said, you can get it from the dealer. I paid $130 for mine. It fits well and looks good (for a bra). I had no problem with mine for the first few months - no scratches whatsoever. HOWEVER, after a while, for some funky reason, it started to scratch my hood. I now have small permanent gouges in the paint on the hood above my grill. Kinda sucks. The bra ripped while on a trip and I decided not to replace it.

Brian

Taken from a video of mine:
Old 05-10-01, 12:13 AM
BBD
....BANNED! :-)

250+ for tinted windows is crazy ,, I know a dude here in Kentucky does a great job for 100-220 for tints
Old 05-10-01, 12:55 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the film itselfs covers the whole front end up to the end of your head lights which is a litter higher than the bra it does do a pretty good job and if you do plan on taking it off it wont mess your paint up and if you do it at the dealers granted that its more expensive they do warenty you on the paint so if anything does hapeen they will repaint it for you free of charge now for the lights ( headlights, high beams, fog lights ) I really recomend there product since it comes with this thick layer of plastick about 1/4" thick that covers the headlights and it does help alot especialy since if once of them breaks it'll cost you an arm and a leg to change it so for there price in the long run its a good bye and what I also liked about it is that it also came with a small cutout for your side view mirrors to protect them too wich is a good idea I got mine installed at the dealers for 250 but I got it at like half price since mine was an experiment to see how it looked and how it did and it passed with flying color
Old 05-10-01, 06:08 AM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Question

1. I keep hearing that the 3M film discolors (yellows) after awhile and is most noticeable on white and silver cars. Anyone experience this?

2. 2SAVVY, why do you want to spend the extra money on a leased car? You're giving it back to the leasing company aren't you? I understand about wanting your ride to look good, but why not just touch up the chips and leave it at that? I lease mine also and one of the reasons I do is so I don't go overboard about every mark on it. My .02.
Old 05-10-01, 12:28 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another Toronto Guy!

hey! welcome to clublexus! wow another toronto guy! we're getting more and more!

i would like a front bra for those salty winters too.

is shameer your service manager? how old are you? is he ever short with you? or anything negative about him? thanks.
Old 05-10-01, 02:52 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Default No Nose Bra at Canadian Dealerships!

1. Real Marty - I will be turning my vehicle in after my lease but after only one winter my front bumper looks sand blasted so thus this is why I am looking for the nose mask. And yes I have heard the same thing about the 3M film and the discoloration but it was 3 or so years ago and I have seen recent Honda's that are 2 years old and the film hasn't gone yellow.

2. LexusRules - Sasha good to see another Toronto guy here as well. As for Shameer over at Ken Shaw he has been pretty nice to me. I really can't say anything bad about any of them over at the dealership. Sandy lives like a few blocks away from me and when she sees me at Longos she always says HI. David Whyte and Fred Pauls are both great guys in my books. Probably like them so much because my experience over at Erin Mills Lexus when I tried to lease this car was far from pleasant First of all I don't fit the typical profile for a GS 400 owner. Young (30) and of the brown persuasion. I'm sure other young guys out there have been in my shoes as well when it comes to us being looked as a none qualified buyer. I use to be in the sales game myself (Pontiac - GMC) and my biggest sale came from a guy that at first glance didn't look like he could afford to eat much less buy a Trans Am for 40 large. That day he bought not only the Trans Am but he bought his 18 year old daughter a Grand Am as well. And 5 years later he is still a good friend of mine. Lesson to you sales guys be nice to everyone!

Back to the nose bra thing. It isn't available here in Canada. Still no L-Tuned parts. Lexus Canada get going already!

3. Brian S - Thanks so much for posting the picture.

Quick Reply: Nose Bra for GS 400??