GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone know where I can get '01 tails immediately?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-04 | 05:17 PM
ivesGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Default Anyone know where I can get '01 tails immediately?

As stated in the title I'm looking for some '01+ taillights. I have already called Carson Toyota but they only have 1 side in stock and it might be a few weeks before they have them. Their price of $330 was by far the best. I tried Sewell Lexus (another sponsor on the forum). They had them in stock but were around $410 for the pair. The nearest dealership to me (Lexus of Spokane) wants $480 for the pair. Just curious of anyone has ordered a pair in the last few weeks. If so, from whom and what did you pay? I need them in around a week or so as my car is in the bodyshop right now. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-22-04 | 05:29 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Did you ask Darrel at Sewell if he could match Carson's price? He's a reasonable guy to deal with.
Old 12-22-04 | 07:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

damn this is tough.....

i am being foolish, but can you get one from carson, and the other one from swell (or local dealership)?

did you try ebay?
Old 12-23-04 | 01:51 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ivesGS400
As stated in the title I'm looking for some '01+ taillights. I have already called Carson Toyota but they only have 1 side in stock and it might be a few weeks before they have them. Their price of $330 was by far the best. I tried Sewell Lexus (another sponsor on the forum). They had them in stock but were around $410 for the pair. The nearest dealership to me (Lexus of Spokane) wants $480 for the pair. Just curious of anyone has ordered a pair in the last few weeks. If so, from whom and what did you pay? I need them in around a week or so as my car is in the bodyshop right now. Thanks for any help.
Did the $410 price from Sewell take into account the 10% discount for Club Lexus members? If not already figured in then the price after discount would be $369
Old 12-23-04 | 02:18 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

there is a guy on ebay....I forget his name at the moment...who sells 01+ tails direct from Japan....he is actually cheaper than Carson ($270) , they are brand new but the difference of the $40 is made in shipping...

the good thing tho is that from Japan to NY it took TWO DAYS!!!! FOR ONLY $40!!!!!!!!!

if you cant locate any PM me and I'll locate my old auction, that's where I got mine....I can't deal with the stupidity of Carson (Bobby in particular) anymore
Old 12-23-04 | 03:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
if you cant locate any PM me and I'll locate my old auction, that's where I got mine....I can't deal with the stupidity of Carson (Bobby in particular) anymore
What am I missing here? "Stupidity of Carson? Bobby in particular"

My experience with Carson (whether it be Bobby or anyone else), has always been the opposite. Just curious to know what happened for you to say that?
Old 12-23-04 | 05:30 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hameed
What am I missing here? "Stupidity of Carson? Bobby in particular"

My experience with Carson (whether it be Bobby or anyone else), has always been the opposite. Just curious to know what happened for you to say that?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG story......short end of it is, I will NEVER deal with them again....

his prices don't outweigh his lack of service.....I'm not saying I didn't make out decent in the end, but I will say this..... damn near 2 months for an instock STB is ridiculous to say the least
Old 12-23-04 | 08:14 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Call Jimmy at Hendrick Lexus 1-800-859-6451. They are a ClubLexus sponsor and they give 25% off list price. Just yesterday, he quoted me a price of $127 and change just for the lens and housing on a 2001+ right side tail light. I don't know what other pieces are needed and how much he'll charge for them.
Old 12-23-04 | 09:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
there is a guy on ebay....I forget his name at the moment...who sells 01+ tails direct from Japan....he is actually cheaper than Carson ($270) , they are brand new but the difference of the $40 is made in shipping...

the good thing tho is that from Japan to NY it took TWO DAYS!!!! FOR ONLY $40!!!!!!!!!

well if you don't tell us about what happened, there is no way we know/judge what's going on, and it's only going to make things worse (don't wanna see a war here)

and for what it's worth, bobby isn't there anymore anyway
Old 12-23-04 | 09:45 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
well if you don't tell us about what happened, there is no way we know/judge what's going on, and it's only going to make things worse (don't wanna see a war here)

and for what it's worth, bobby isn't there anymore anyway
long story short......I order a STB that was SUPPOSED to be in stock originally....turns out no go....2 week wait.....so I wait almost 3 weeks, and I guess he forgot or whatever to ship it out......so I call and complain and he ships it....

I get the bar, it don't fit so I call up complaining again...Bobby says no worries, we'll ship out another next day air.... A couple days pass, and no shipment....I call AGAIN...Bobby says the guy forgot to ship it AGAIN,.......so I wait another couple days...no bar.,.

so now Im pissed.....I call again and it turns out the dude ships it regular UPS, not second day like he told me........so I'm like I'm refusing this shipment, this is ridiculous..

he credits me back the $150 I paid and ships me the bar a week later.

needless to say, this was an un-needed wait time and I told Bobby it was getting cold out and I wanted this on b4 winter to make sure it would fit right this time.....I ended up having to pay to have it put on because it was too cold here to get it on myself (my garage isn't big enough to work in)

either way, because of Bobby's and the rest of the staff;s stupidity, they lost a customer....not a HUGE deal, but I also never saw my credit either

like I said....$150 mistake.....not the end of the world...but they lost a customer and all of the recommendations I could've given them from all of the friends of mine who are going to be buying used GS' after driving mine...

(a ex-friend of mine told me that whenever a mistake is made and costs you $$$$, look at it as an inexpensive lesson at the cost of the loss......I figure $150 lost which aint the end of the world....but Carson lost and will continue to lose countless $$$$ I coulda spent with them for parts, accessories, etc....)

also.....as small as it is, Steve Ganz never replies to my emails (as I have emailed him in the past for inquiries, etc...) and he doesn't return my voicemails either....

like I said....I didn';t want to make a big deal out of it, I was just trying to point this dude in the direction of a STAND UP small business guy who is trying to make a buck

Last edited by NT2SHBBY; 12-23-04 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-23-04 | 01:41 PM
ivesGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the replies. I called Jimmy and Hendricks. He originally quoted me 460 for the pair. After the ClubLexus discount (which he says is "up to" 25%), the price went down to $350 plus shipping. I got a PM from an HKGS300 out of Hong Kong who says he can get them to me for $300. Is this who one of you guys mentioned in an earlier reply? I think I'm going to give this a shot. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
Old 12-23-04 | 02:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i can see your frustration and i understand. although though, i think things just happen sometimes... too bad it was a bad experience for you
Old 12-23-04 | 07:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I got a PM from an HKGS300 out of Hong Kong who says he can get them to me for $300. .
hmmm very interesting
Old 12-23-04 | 11:10 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the replies. I called Jimmy and Hendricks. He originally quoted me 460 for the pair. After the ClubLexus discount (which he says is "up to" 25%), the price went down to $350 plus shipping. I got a PM from an HKGS300 out of Hong Kong who says he can get them to me for $300. Is this who one of you guys mentioned in an earlier reply? I think I'm going to give this a shot. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
i have dealt with HKGS300 in the past, and i can honestly say that i had no problems with him... even though the shipping did take a little while, i got exactly what i wanted... since you need them within a week, idk how soon he can get them to you...
Old 12-24-04 | 07:25 AM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Hey i got my tails from the japan dude on ebay they came in 3days(To CT) and there were in great condition no marks lit up well....GOOD PRICE!! Good service!!

just my $0.02

Quick Reply: Anyone know where I can get '01 tails immediately?