GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

$520 explosion kit- 7pcs???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-04, 11:03 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PandaGS430
you sure about that?.... my cracked Greddy POLYURETHANE front lip begs to differ. FRP is good...if you buy good quality.

my GReddy lip cracked too.

I had an APPROVAL front bumper. It's very strong fiberglass. No USA kinda wavy stuff.

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
well.......any reputable urethane company guarantees their work for life.......

so if urs is cracked, then hit up greddy for replacement

if greddy doesn't have such a warranty, then I dunno what to say past the fact that they are shady....

but greddy (trust) has been around on the modding scene since it's inception...greddy was the first company out there with a stainless steel flow through exhaust,....they gotta make good

I don't think L-Sportline will replace their kit if customers crack it. In fact I dont' think ANY bodykit manufacturers do that, but except maybe offering a cheaper replacement kit (like what VeilSide is doing.)
Old 12-24-04, 05:28 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
my GReddy lip cracked too.

I had an APPROVAL front bumper. It's very strong fiberglass. No USA kinda wavy stuff.

I don't think L-Sportline will replace their kit if customers crack it. In fact I dont' think ANY bodykit manufacturers do that, but except maybe offering a cheaper replacement kit (like what VeilSide is doing.)

my only knowledge truthfully comes from owning a stillen kit.....I was one of the first to own a stillen kit for the 03 maxima, and they said that if it ever cracked, they replace it no questions asked..

obviously it wont be painted so that would have to be redone.......

and my kit was urethane....

maybe im wrong but my ASSUMption was all quality vendors warrantied the same.....
Old 12-24-04, 06:50 AM
17gs400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fiber glass or not it's doesnt matter....when you hit something hard its still gonna get mess stuff even though its metal.. The only one i gotta say is just be careful when you drive a car with the body kit.
Old 12-24-04, 10:20 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Back to the topic.... that price is ridiculous for a genine Explosion kit. Notice that the description is "Type Exlposion". Anytime you see "Type", you know it's a fake.

To jump back on the FRP bandwagon....most J-Spec kits are FRP. One thing about FRP is that it can be repaired, unlike Poly kits.
Old 12-25-04, 06:45 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Fiberglass, like basketball goals you buy for your home.
Sorry...you lost me on this one.
Old 12-27-04, 02:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well.......any reputable urethane company guarantees their work for life.......

so if urs is cracked, then hit up greddy for replacement

if greddy doesn't have such a warranty, then I dunno what to say past the fact that they are shady....

but greddy (trust) has been around on the modding scene since it's inception...greddy was the first company out there with a stainless steel flow through exhaust,....they gotta make good
dunno, urethene is tougher, but i don't see how it's so "tough" that it can have lifetime warranty. a hit hard enough, it's going to crack period
Old 12-27-04, 02:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

see here im thinkin the opposite...i thought quality jdm was urethane and the garbage US stuff was FG

it's true FG is more flexible, when it's SOFT....but once its painted and hardened, it cracks like cracker...

urethane is much more durable
well, simply put, i don't think fg really has much "flexibility" at all. even with the frp, same thing, it's a bit more flexible, but twist it enough and it crack right there

by comparison, the urethene allows quite a bit more flexibility, but it's quite a bit heavier than fg if we talk about the same size.

and on top of that, i think a lot of the kits in japan they are fg coz' it's easier to work with to fit on cars, and it's easier to repair and fix in general. urethene, gosh, you probably dont' even want to talk about repairing a urethene kit
Old 01-28-05, 01:16 PM
ryan3v
Driver School Candidate

Default Warning This Is Not The Expolsion Kit

EBAY KIT
this kit is not the explosion kit made by Auto Couture it is a cheap non FRP knock off. I did a fair amount of research and called around to find out some information about the kit and the one sold on ebay is not the original one. You are much better off going to carson toyota and getting the real one that is made to fit and probally much higher quality. That is were I will going to get my kit, hate to repeat the ever so famous saying but you get what you pay for.
Old 01-28-05, 04:55 PM
erics3000
Driver School Candidate

Default Greddy ... HKS

Ntshbby are you shure Trust was the frst. I do rember them from way back in the day. There was another big boy back in the day HKS...On my old supra i wanted every part out of the catalog back in 92.