GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

stupid battery!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-01, 10:45 PM
Jooleee
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well last week i had some car troubles!!! agh. at first it was only slightly noticable that my engine wouldn't start up as quickly as usual. but then it took an abnormally long amount of time a few days later. and on the 6th day (that i had the problem) my car wouldn't even start!!! grrr. i had to miss my 9:40am class -- and i was pissed cuz if i had KNOWN my car wouldn't start, i would've slept in till 12pm. =( and i went through all this trouble to find a ride to my next class and then have someone jumpstart my car so i could drive it to a nearby lexus dealer (the riverside -- CA-- one, which has like 2 cars there...) and find out that it was my battery!! i have a '99 gs300 and bought my car on nov. 7, 1998. (any of you know the exact day you bought YOUR car? hehe) i was so disappointed that my battery died after TWO years. ugh. i always made fun of my friend who owns a bmw because i said lexus was way more reliable. hm... =T
Old 05-10-01, 10:57 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Jooleee...

the exact date that I purchased my car: March 22, 1999. My birthday... (my mom bought it as a present for me)

My battery died also around a month ago... but that was because my car was left alone for 2-3 months without starting and it drained the battery. and dont give up hope on your lex jus because of a battery prob... my mom's Benz has a file folder at the dealers about as thick as the California Yellow Pages!!! IT is down right now because the ignition wouldnt turn...

So by the way, are you goin to the meet?
Old 05-10-01, 11:05 PM
Jooleee
Lead Lap

maybe~ not sure yet. yeah i haven't had many problems w/ my gs300... the only thing was that the chrome started chipping off. i was pretty mad. my friend kept saying i probably ran into a curb or something lol... but i would know if i did~ anyways, i brought it to the dealer and they just replaced it. and then i had a problem w/ my front headlights and parking lights... they had condensation build up (from the rain... ) so they removed those and replaced it. oh and also my back windshield or whatever it's called (lol) kinda fell from it's place. weird. i didn't even notice it. my car was parked in the garage and when the garage door repair man came to fix our garage, he noticed it!! haha. and then the recent battery problem... <sigh>
Old 05-10-01, 11:08 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TWO year life:eek:

my batteries usually last 5-6 years.
Old 05-10-01, 11:12 PM
Jooleee
Lead Lap

yeah, that's how long i THOUGHT mine would last... i don't drive my car all that much... but i don't let it sit in the garage for months at a time or anything either. i drive it a few miles everyday (mainly just to school, or 30mi total -- to and from the gym.) i have a total of about 22k miles on it now.

argh this stupid internal server error crap is pissing me off now.... OMG!!!!!!! 5 TIMES!!!! STOP IT! DAMN U!
Old 05-10-01, 11:15 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

i got my gs3 around june/july of 98.. i've had to jump my battery 3 times already. like another clublexus member said, the stock battery SUCKS when it comes to powering any aftermarket stereo upgrades.

justin, expect urs to go dead soon, w/ur 2, 15"....
Old 05-10-01, 11:17 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Jooleee...

hei.. I have the same mileage... that sounds like a lot of probs on your car... hmm... dunno what's up with that... about the chrome.. the only problem I had withi it was that the stupid body shop that did repairs on my car after the accident painted some parts of the chrome on my bumper!!! idiots...
About my battery.... the battery ran down only because it was sitting for an extended period of time... I asked my dad to remove the battery.. but I guess he forgot.. and it just died...but they replaced the battery free of charge...
Old 05-10-01, 11:20 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

joolee,

30 miles each day is enough for charging the battery. i guess you had a lemon battery as long as it is covered under warranty ; but it is still a bid hassle

which gym do you go to? i go to ballys in san gabriel valley
Old 05-10-01, 11:28 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

DISC,

HEY, my 15's KICK A$$.... I think you're just jealous!! HAHAHA..... It's ok..... I'll just jumpstart you everytime I come over!! HAHAHA

==Jusitn==
Old 05-10-01, 11:29 PM
Jooleee
Lead Lap

24hr fitness. hm... yeah i probably did get a lemon. but the good thing about the battery they replaced it w/ is that it comes w/ an 8 yr warranty. =P
Old 05-10-01, 11:35 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

justin, my 12's are just fine. the only thing i might be jealous about is that your trunk doesnt rattle. dont make me tell your MOMMY and DADDY about how u got pulled over. :eek:
Old 05-10-01, 11:52 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

TED,

You make sure not to tell my pops about gettin pulled over and I'll make sure not to tell your girlfriend about the pictures I'm about to send you!!

==Justin==
Old 05-10-01, 11:53 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

BTW,

HI ANGELA!! Thanks for dinner tonight!!

==Justin==
Old 05-11-01, 12:09 AM
disc108
Lead Lap

ahh... touche! it's a deal!
Old 05-11-01, 12:26 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hhmmmmmm Justin and Ted, sounds like I just overheard some VERY sensitive subject. Heh heh, I'll be looking forward to getting some new rims from you guys!

BTW hi Justin's pop and Ted's Angela! :eek:

Quick Reply: stupid battery!