GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

some are done but more to come...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-04, 08:16 AM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Man, that thing is beautiful! I am now officially in the market to redo my interior. Where did you get that two tone leather from?? Please don't tell me it's factory that would make me scream. It's bad enough that we don't get the good motor. And those gauges look absolutely sick Why did you choose to go with the E-manage if you can get access to the FCON VPRO?? Was it easy to wire? Is there anyway you could get me the wiring info? Since i could not get the real thing, I had to import an Aristo motor and drop it in my GS. I am now in the process of going single but unlike you, I don't have tons of HKS PRO tuners in my area. In fact, I don't even have one HKS PRO tuner on the EAST Coast. The E-manage might be a temporary solution until I can get my hands on the English version of the HKS software for the FCON VPRO. By the way, if ever you could get a hold of that software from one of your tuner friends, many of us here in the US would be eternally grateful to you if you could get it our way. No serial number needed that would trace it back to him. Trust me, I would take care of that portion
Old 12-26-04, 08:57 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
Hmmm....HKS Valcon unit, forged pistons, porting work.....is someone going single???

Hahaha...no competition here. He has a lot of tuners and awesome shops in Hongkong at his disposal, I can only dream to reach his levels of mods.....
hey Jon, I'm just tryin to catch up wit u...hehe
Old 12-26-04, 09:04 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JZS161
Nice to see you finally got your car back. I saw your car in the shop when I was having the same Kazz Sports meter holder installed in Nov. By the way, the CF hood looks perfect with the black exterior. Let us know how the car feels (or better yet, a dyno?) when you've the HKS Valcon kit installed. I' m interested in that as well.

Wow your car has lots of performance mods done to it. So u must pick up parts from G.P. Motor too. Got any pics of your car?
Old 12-26-04, 09:15 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BadAssGS3T
Man, that thing is beautiful! I am now officially in the market to redo my interior. Where did you get that two tone leather from?? Please don't tell me it's factory that would make me scream. It's bad enough that we don't get the good motor. And those gauges look absolutely sick Why did you choose to go with the E-manage if you can get access to the FCON VPRO?? Was it easy to wire? Is there anyway you could get me the wiring info? Since i could not get the real thing, I had to import an Aristo motor and drop it in my GS. I am now in the process of going single but unlike you, I don't have tons of HKS PRO tuners in my area. In fact, I don't even have one HKS PRO tuner on the EAST Coast. The E-manage might be a temporary solution until I can get my hands on the English version of the HKS software for the FCON VPRO. By the way, if ever you could get a hold of that software from one of your tuner friends, many of us here in the US would be eternally grateful to you if you could get it our way. No serial number needed that would trace it back to him. Trust me, I would take care of that portion
hahah thanks... the interior is custom made. As for the E-mange rather then the FCon 1. E-manage is easier to programme and way cheaper. As for tuners shops over there , they should be able to help u with an english version of the software cos' I know the westcoast has it for sure cos' I ran e-manage on most of my cars when I was over there and these guys from http://www.dynamicautosports.com/ would be able to help u with an english verison of the e-mange.
Old 12-26-04, 11:30 AM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by Aristor
hahah thanks... the interior is custom made. As for the E-mange rather then the FCon 1. E-manage is easier to programme and way cheaper. As for tuners shops over there , they should be able to help u with an english version of the software cos' I know the westcoast has it for sure cos' I ran e-manage on most of my cars when I was over there and these guys from http://www.dynamicautosports.com/ would be able to help u with an english verison of the e-mange.
Actually, getting an English version of the E-manage is not a problem. I was referring to an English version of the HKS FCON VPRO software. As for the E-manage, I would like to see how it was wired to your car as I heard that the E-manage does not work well with the vvt-i. If it does, I could go single tomorrow and just keep the boost low until I do the boostlogic upgrade to my transmission.. Thanks for any info.
Old 12-27-04, 02:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man that's sick, i love seeing pics of your car! show more pics of the engine bay when you can!!!!

and seems like someone is giving up the center air vents
Old 12-27-04, 10:10 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
man that's sick, i love seeing pics of your car! show more pics of the engine bay when you can!!!!

I'll snap some more shots when I get a chance.
Old 12-27-04, 10:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I'll snap some more shots when I get a chance.
cool. so where's the shop in hong kong that does the tuning for you that car looks pretty illegal in hong kong i suppose?

and how's your car in vancouver? you haven't been back for a long time huh

Last edited by rominl; 12-27-04 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-27-04, 11:19 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

yeah haven't been back to Van for awhile the projects over there are on hold for now. I GS I'm probably still gonna built but I still have 3 wrecked SC300 which I was gonna built a drift car with that I'm gonna sell.

As for tunning that car , I usually do it at my own shop and I also have friends from other tunner shops that helps me out when I'm stuck .
Old 12-27-04, 12:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah haven't been back to Van for awhile the projects over there are on hold for now. I GS I'm probably still gonna built but I still have 3 wrecked SC300 which I was gonna built a drift car with that I'm gonna sell.

As for tunning that car , I usually do it at my own shop and I also have friends from other tunner shops that helps me out when I'm stuck .
oh so you have a shop in hong kong? that's good to know. maybe you can help us fabricating some parts
Old 12-27-04, 06:06 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadAssGS3T
The E-Manage has a direct wiring harness that will plug right into stock ECU for the Aristo. It's made specifically for the car. As for the HKS F-Con V Pro, I am in the same boat as you. No available tuner here that will be able to tune the software. I can "import" a hks tuner from singapore, but it won't be optimal since he doesn't really know the driving condition of our country (our gas RON, weather condition, my mods, oil, etc) so he will tune it very conservatively, aka very rich, and I will end up wasting gas a lot more than extracting good hp out of the car.

The problem with the E-Manage is that the stock ECU (due to the vvti) will eventually cancel out any piggyback tuning that the E-Manage has. A lot of the American supras have that problem that whatever countless of hours they spent tuning on their cars with the E-Manage were cancelled out by the vvti.

Have you heard of the MAP ECU that are made by Titan Motorsports? A guy on the supra UK forums has successfully used the MAP ECU on his vvti 2jz-gte and he's daily driven his supra with 550rwhp at the moment.

My next step would be a BL T67 kit with the BL tranny and Vortex Power fuel management kit (Vortex is the UK leg of boost logic). My suggestion to you is to hit up some of the guys in UK because they have a lot more experience in vvti tuning than their american counterparts.

Check this forum out:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/

Hope to see you out there soon. Maybe we can change some ideas.
Old 12-27-04, 07:16 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
The E-Manage has a direct wiring harness that will plug right into stock ECU for the Aristo. It's made specifically for the car. As for the HKS F-Con V Pro, I am in the same boat as you. No available tuner here that will be able to tune the software. I can "import" a hks tuner from singapore, but it won't be optimal since he doesn't really know the driving condition of our country (our gas RON, weather condition, my mods, oil, etc) so he will tune it very conservatively, aka very rich, and I will end up wasting gas a lot more than extracting good hp out of the car.

The problem with the E-Manage is that the stock ECU (due to the vvti) will eventually cancel out any piggyback tuning that the E-Manage has. A lot of the American supras have that problem that whatever countless of hours they spent tuning on their cars with the E-Manage were cancelled out by the vvti.

Have you heard of the MAP ECU that are made by Titan Motorsports? A guy on the supra UK forums has successfully used the MAP ECU on his vvti 2jz-gte and he's daily driven his supra with 550rwhp at the moment.

My next step would be a BL T67 kit with the BL tranny and Vortex Power fuel management kit (Vortex is the UK leg of boost logic). My suggestion to you is to hit up some of the guys in UK because they have a lot more experience in vvti tuning than their american counterparts.

Check this forum out:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/

Hope to see you out there soon. Maybe we can change some ideas.
Jon, I am so happy to see you that I would kiss you I was worried about you when I heard about that tsunami. I am glad that you are OK.

I am familiar with the problems of the E-manage when placed in VVT-i cars. I just thought Aristor had found a way to make it work without the stock ECU interfering with its operation...Oh well we all can dream... If you can "import a tuner from singapore", do you think there is a possibility you might be able to buy the software from one of them providing they don't have to give you their serial number? Do they have the English version of the software? I wish I had that option as well...LOL but since your gas sucks, I don't mind the trade off

I have not looked into the MAP ECU but I will definitely be checking it out soon as it sounds promising(in fact, I will do that tonight) and thanks for that very informative post and link. Once again, glad to see that everything is fine with you.
Old 12-28-04, 06:42 AM
JZS161
Driver School Candidate

Wow your car has lots of performance mods done to it. So u must pick up parts from G.P. Motor too. Got any pics of your car?
Yes, most of mods were done at GP Motor. They are quite helpful in spending my salary.
I'm hesistant in posting pics of my car cos mine looks like a wimp compared to a lot of yours on the GS Forum. Despite all the mods, I'm still running on stock 17 inchers. I'll try to post some pics later this week..
So Aristor, where's your shop in HK? Maybe I can drop by sometimes.
I haven't heard any incompatibility problem of E-manage with the VVT-i engine. A friend of mine , with similar mods on his Aristo, was constantly doing 270+ km/h. He said most of the lightly modified EVO / GTR couldn't keep up with him.
Of course, FCON V Pro is the way to go if you are intending to go SINGLE.
Old 12-28-04, 06:50 AM
JZS161
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl

Unlike the one from ABFlug, the KAZZ sport meter holder still has functional center air vents.
Old 12-28-04, 05:06 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so there are a few guys in HK who are running E-Manage on their VVTi 2JZGTE and apparently with no real problems. So I guess the HK tuners have found a way to circumvent the problems of e-Manage data getting erased by the constant variable of the vvti. This is good news. But still doesn't help the fact that the problem still exists for the US tuners. And I can tell you, with the limited experience the tuners in Indonesia have, I am almost certain the same problem might exist here.

As for the FCON, there's NO WAY I can get the software (with or without the serial) coz Singaporeans are known to be real stiff with their rules and quite **** about which cars are getting tuned by their tuners in Indonesia. There is a guy here who used to work for Garage-R (the SIngapore dealer/tuner for HKS) and he told me that if he has access to the hardware, he would be able to tune it.

Also, there's a shop in Hongkong (I won't name him here) who said that he is willing to put in 4 base maps (very conservative, conservative, aggressive, very aggressive) into a HKS FCON SZ and he said it would "somewhat" work with my car. He said it won't be 100% but at least it will be better than not having anything at all. The SZ goes for around USD1,200 with the 4 base maps plugged in. I am still skeptical because that will not be any different compared to the Australian Microtech ECU I have on the car right now.

Quick Reply: some are done but more to come...