GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

some are done but more to come...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-04, 08:42 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JZS161
Unlike the one from ABFlug, the KAZZ sport meter holder still has functional center air vents.
WOW, you can have those gauges AND functional center air vents??? I want them. I don't care how much it cost, I want them. Would one of you, lucky guys from Hong Kong or Indonesia, hook me up? Just PM me how much I need to send you. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee
Old 12-28-04, 09:14 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

I'm hesistant in posting pics of my car cos mine looks like a wimp compared to a lot of yours on the GS Forum. Despite all the mods, I'm still running on stock 17 inchers. I'll try to post some pics later this week..
Please do post some pictures of your car. Many people like the stock look for their cars. Quite frankly, there is nothing more precious than the look of a E46 M3 owner or Porshe C4s (my latest victim) who thinks that he's been smoked by a stock Lexus...LOL (M3 guys know how much I like to tease them... )And let's not forget about all the riced out civic, integras, DSM, etc... powered by stickers and loud exhaust....Priceless.
I haven't heard any incompatibility problem of E-manage with the VVT-i engine. A friend of mine , with similar mods on his Aristo, was constantly doing 270+ km/h. He said most of the lightly modified EVO / GTR couldn't keep up with him.
I guess Hong Kong tuners have found a way to prevent the data of the E-manage from being affected by the self-corrective actions of the VVT-i ECU . From my understanding, the E-manage works well when it's first installed but over time, the VVT-i ECU makes so many adjustments that the effect of the E-manage are pretically wiped out. I would love to hear from one of the Hong Kond tuners and get their opinion on the subject.
Of course, FCON V Pro is the way to go if you are intending to go SINGLE.
Agreed. The only problem is that there is a shortage of HKS pro tuners on the East Coast of the US...Oh well..
Old 12-28-04, 09:40 PM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Yes, most of mods were done at GP Motor. They are quite helpful in spending my salary.
I'm hesistant in posting pics of my car cos mine looks like a wimp compared to a lot of yours on the GS Forum. Despite all the mods, I'm still running on stock 17 inchers. I'll try to post some pics later this week..
So Aristor, where's your shop in HK? Maybe I can drop by sometimes.
I haven't heard any incompatibility problem of E-manage with the VVT-i engine. A friend of mine , with similar mods on his Aristo, was constantly doing 270+ km/h. He said most of the lightly modified EVO / GTR couldn't keep up with him.
Of course, FCON V Pro is the way to go if you are intending to go SINGLE.
Oh yeah for sure, getting your car done at GP , you are in good hands. And I think I know which 270 km/h Aristo you r talking about... hahaha. Post some pics up , we all here to share.

Last edited by Aristor; 12-28-04 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-28-04, 09:47 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
Ok, so there are a few guys in HK who are running E-Manage on their VVTi 2JZGTE and apparently with no real problems. So I guess the HK tuners have found a way to circumvent the problems of e-Manage data getting erased by the constant variable of the vvti. This is good news. But still doesn't help the fact that the problem still exists for the US tuners. And I can tell you, with the limited experience the tuners in Indonesia have, I am almost certain the same problem might exist here.

As for the FCON, there's NO WAY I can get the software (with or without the serial) coz Singaporeans are known to be real stiff with their rules and quite **** about which cars are getting tuned by their tuners in Indonesia. There is a guy here who used to work for Garage-R (the SIngapore dealer/tuner for HKS) and he told me that if he has access to the hardware, he would be able to tune it.

Also, there's a shop in Hongkong (I won't name him here) who said that he is willing to put in 4 base maps (very conservative, conservative, aggressive, very aggressive) into a HKS FCON SZ and he said it would "somewhat" work with my car. He said it won't be 100% but at least it will be better than not having anything at all. The SZ goes for around USD1,200 with the 4 base maps plugged in. I am still skeptical because that will not be any different compared to the Australian Microtech ECU I have on the car right now.
Jon, I would really love to here from one of the tuners in Hong Kong. If not, could you try to pick their brains and find out the scoop on this E-manage thing? As for the FCON software, this really sucks but since that hong kong tuner is willing to wheel and deal, any chance that he might be willing to sell a copy of the software WITHOUT his serial number or anything that could tie the leak to him? I heard the SZ is a pretty good unit and give you a lot of the functionalities found on the V-PRO but quite honestly, I eoulf like for MY tuner to have the ability to make changes that may be warranted by bigger injectors, bigger turbo or even Nitrous if I feel like it...Although $1200 for a complete SZ unit with 4 maps is definitely a VERY good deal worth serious considerations...
Old 12-28-04, 09:52 PM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Ok, so there are a few guys in HK who are running E-Manage on their VVTi 2JZGTE and apparently with no real problems. So I guess the HK tuners have found a way to circumvent the problems of e-Manage data getting erased by the constant variable of the vvti. This is good news. But still doesn't help the fact that the problem still exists for the US tuners. And I can tell you, with the limited experience the tuners in Indonesia have, I am almost certain the same problem might exist here.

As for the FCON, there's NO WAY I can get the software (with or without the serial) coz Singaporeans are known to be real stiff with their rules and quite **** about which cars are getting tuned by their tuners in Indonesia. There is a guy here who used to work for Garage-R (the SIngapore dealer/tuner for HKS) and he told me that if he has access to the hardware, he would be able to tune it.

Also, there's a shop in Hongkong (I won't name him here) who said that he is willing to put in 4 base maps (very conservative, conservative, aggressive, very aggressive) into a HKS FCON SZ and he said it would "somewhat" work with my car. He said it won't be 100% but at least it will be better than not having anything at all. The SZ goes for around USD1,200 with the 4 base maps plugged in. I am still skeptical because that will not be any different compared to the Australian Microtech ECU I have on the car right now.

The FconSZ might be a better way to go and it's way cheaper then the Vpro plus with the base map atlease u can have a base to play with. Also from the Shop that Jon is talking about there's a Fcon SA which is made specailly for automatic cars. But I'm still getting friends from the states to try a locate an english copy of the Vpro software.
Old 12-29-04, 12:48 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting you the hardware would be pretty easy, but even for the price, the guy is not willing to relinquish the software to me hehehehhe. Tough luck. I am talking to a tuner right now here locally who said the E-Manage should be a no problem. I might do that to my stock twins right now first to see how it would work and then if I am completely satisfied, we can go ahead and use the same E-Manage for my upgraded single turbo in the near future....
Old 12-29-04, 07:57 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Getting you the hardware would be pretty easy, but even for the price, the guy is not willing to relinquish the software to me hehehehhe. Tough luck. I am talking to a tuner right now here locally who said the E-Manage should be a no problem. I might do that to my stock twins right now first to see how it would work and then if I am completely satisfied, we can go ahead and use the same E-Manage for my upgraded single turbo in the near future....

Good luck Jon, I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem. for the price of the e-manage and the result you'll get , I'm sure u'll be happy with it.
Old 12-29-04, 10:35 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

That dashboard, with the gauges, is sweet. Not to mention the interior also
Old 12-29-04, 09:46 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

The E-manage is relatively cheap but for a few hundreds more, you can get the PHR MAP ECU which will allow you to remove the MAF meter increasing the amount of airflow to your motor. Thanks for telling me about it Jon. I did some research and it does seem to be an amazing unit. I found a web site selling it for $830 shipped anywhere in the states you might be able to wrok out shipping To Singapore with them, if not, I should be able to help you with the whole thing. Now, how about that KAZZ meter holder and those nice gauges. Can one of you guys tell me where I can get one or if I can send you the money to get me one? Thanks
Old 12-30-04, 08:43 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BadAssGS3T
The E-manage is relatively cheap but for a few hundreds more, you can get the PHR MAP ECU which will allow you to remove the MAF meter increasing the amount of airflow to your motor. Thanks for telling me about it Jon. I did some research and it does seem to be an amazing unit. I found a web site selling it for $830 shipped anywhere in the states you might be able to wrok out shipping To Singapore with them, if not, I should be able to help you with the whole thing. Now, how about that KAZZ meter holder and those nice gauges. Can one of you guys tell me where I can get one or if I can send you the money to get me one? Thanks
I trying to get some prices for u but it seems like the guys at Kazz are still in their holiday mood, very slow in replying. But I PM u as soon as I get some prices and approx. how long they'll take.
Old 12-30-04, 09:03 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The gauges wont work unless they make some for LHD if you look at it its angled on the side. Pretty sweet interior. I really like the two tone leather. Is that a blackwood steering wheel too? Get some daytime pics for us.

Last edited by GammaLex; 12-30-04 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-30-04, 10:12 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GammaLex
The gauges wont work unless they make some for LHD if you look at it its angled on the side. Pretty sweet interior. I really like the two tone leather. Is that a blackwood steering wheel too? Get some daytime pics for us.
Oh yeah I totally forgot about that, but I could try and see if they have one for right hand drive.

For sure I'll get some daytime pics done this weekend , if I get a chance to wash my car
Old 12-30-04, 10:37 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

sorry for my late reply but car is off the hook

like badass300 had said , i would die for that guage setup if it could be made for lhd as well .. thats perfect for when i finally get the boost in there then i can mount safc controller where the entire ash tray assembly is and be ready for battle...

what brand of carbon fiber hood is that and how well does it fit.. were you able to retain hood struts or do you have to prop it up..
Old 12-30-04, 05:43 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

AB Flug also makes a similar gauge pod that will replace your center air vent. They also have open slits at the bottom of the pods so air can still go through the center vents as always. They come in fiberglass or carbonfiber but again, this is for RHD vehicles only.
Old 01-02-05, 11:34 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexforlife
sorry for my late reply but car is off the hook

like badass300 had said , i would die for that guage setup if it could be made for lhd as well .. thats perfect for when i finally get the boost in there then i can mount safc controller where the entire ash tray assembly is and be ready for battle...

what brand of carbon fiber hood is that and how well does it fit.. were you able to retain hood struts or do you have to prop it up..
This hood is similar to the varis hood but is custom made so it's perfect fit retaining all factory struts. I found there are certain fittment problem and not so well finishing issues about the Varis hood , so I sold the varis one and decide to make my perfect hood.

Quick Reply: some are done but more to come...