GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

december photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-04, 06:03 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

It's amazing how one's photography professionalism can make a 6-year old GS so much more elegant than the newer cars on the roads
Old 12-27-04, 06:48 PM
dune
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I still consider myself an amateur. A pretty good amateur I guess, but I have still a lot to learn.

Originally Posted by hameed
Excellent work dune!!! Very talented and savvy with your camera. Can I entice you to come to Canada to take some shots of my car?

His car is too stock looking???? His car is anything but stock looking bro! Have you seen a stock GS lately? It looks nothing like Ed's car.
Thanks. Pay for airfare?

The key is TOO stock looking. Ed's car is quite nice, but it is subtle and clean.

Originally Posted by lexforlife
hameed , i too was alittle surprised but i guess they want something more wild or distincly diff from oem... ricks car would be perfect for dune (tony) his custom body kit and veilside hood his beautiful wheels is stero setup , hes got what their looking for ..but thanks for the vote ..maybe when boost and some other things get done shortly they might have a change of heart
Ed when you get the inside(s) done, we'll meet again.

cadd, tony (dune) is simply put , well talented . i was doing maybe 35-40 , he was in is sweet *** is300 lowered stick shift hanging out the rear window taking the shots while i was off is bumper maybe 4feet away
You are too kind. That was my second attempt at tracking (when the car and camera are moving together), I couldn't get the exposures right often enough, but some came out nice. BTW, I was NOT driving at the same time. You can do tracking shots by just pushing the car (slow shutter speeds, like 2-5 seconds), but need a rig (like a tripod with suction cups) to attach the camera to the car to do that.

Originally Posted by lexusk8
It's amazing how one's photography professionalism can make a 6-year old GS so much more elegant than the newer cars on the roads
Ed's car didn't need any help from me!

Last edited by dune; 12-27-04 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-27-04, 07:34 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

okay folks , heres some sweet a$$ shots of reggiek car also done . his color has got to be the best i have ever seen , just perfectly done reg

more of reggies car to come as soon as i get them uploaded..
Old 12-27-04, 07:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
thanks again corky,neo,aristo ,cadd and hameed ,, thanks also rick and shawn..

henry , i think it might fit without any spacers for i have a immense amount of space on the rear fit .. i will soon find out from stoptech and from rotora..

hameed , i too was alittle surprised but i guess they want something more wild or distincly diff from oem... ricks car would be perfect for dune (tony) his custom body kit and veilside hood his beautiful wheels is stero setup , hes got what their looking for ..but thanks for the vote ..maybe when boost and some other things get done shortly they might have a change of heart

cadd, tony (dune) is simply put , well talented . i was doing maybe 35-40 , he was in is sweet *** is300 lowered stick shift hanging out the rear window taking the shots while i was off is bumper maybe 4feet away

thanks dave for the props but my pics or should i say my car will never ever compare to those pics you sent me awhile back

that's good ed. but stick with the stoptech, it's "more rare" i think hehe

and just doing 30 to 40? man that's very stable hand holding the camera!
Old 12-27-04, 07:47 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

freakin SWEET!!!!
Old 12-27-04, 08:06 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really nice pics guys , good job on those and the cars in general
Old 12-27-04, 08:13 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

thats just beautiful. i wanna see moreee
Old 12-27-04, 08:41 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Great shots guys, Ed the 285's and L-Tuned grill make a real difference, nice camera work Tony. This is my favorite.

Old 12-27-04, 09:03 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Great pics...I especially like the ones of the car in motion....
Old 12-27-04, 10:24 PM
LexFather

What kind of camera btw?
Old 12-27-04, 11:01 PM
braheem
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

GUYS, This is really getting annoying just when I'm thinking of selling my car and getting an SC or the 06-GS u guys make me want to dump more money in my GS.

Ed, VERY VERY nice pics bro. like someone already said...way to represent the swirl nation

BTW, please keep us up to date on the toyomoto setup, U think they'll go for a group buy for the 2 of us , I'm in Ocala.

BTW#2 what Orlando meet?
Old 12-28-04, 05:31 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by braheem
GUYS, This is really getting annoying just when I'm thinking of selling my car and getting an SC or the 06-GS u guys make me want to dump more money in my GS.

Ed, VERY VERY nice pics bro. like someone already said...way to represent the swirl nation

BTW, please keep us up to date on the toyomoto setup, U think they'll go for a group buy for the 2 of us , I'm in Ocala.

BTW#2 what Orlando meet?

thanks again guys

eric, so like the subtle diff the ltuned grill makes and the stance the 285 provide thanks bro , ill ring you later to talk

braheem,i too was about to sell the gs and get a 97 sc and make it into a turbo beast , i was going to do the sc 110% in and out and 3 good people convinced me not too and 2 of the 3 run sc themselves. they said you put too much money and time and love into that car (seeing i do all the work myself) so instead i have firmly decided to supercharge the gs and do a custom interior this year coming and not use it as a daily driver anymore
Old 12-28-04, 05:38 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

i forgot to add in case anyone was wondering what products i used to get the shine that deep and wet looking

i tried the new products from "shinning monkey". they are simply put the best i have ever used. i used the micro polish which is like butter, then used the professional hand glaze which really cleaned up the reat of the paint then used their pure carnuba on top .. i washed the car earlier in the morning , then drove to the location about 20+ miles away then through construction and dust and i never once wiped the car down , just arrived and we started shooting..

big up to freelance for turning me on to such top shelf products , thanks randy
Old 12-28-04, 09:12 AM
dune
Driver

Thanks again for all the compliments.

A couple people asked what kind of camera. I use a Canon Digital Rebel and various lenses. One of those lenses cost more than the camera, and I can pretty much immediately pick out which pictures I used it on - it's like night and day to me now. That was my first time using said lens.

In any case, I believe there are two parts to any art. The creative aspect and the technical. In photography, the creative aspect is in the subject, composition and the use of light. The technical aspect is executing that idea with the proper (or at least the intended) exposure and color. I'm still practicing both, always (hopefully) learning something...

What did I learn this shoot?

1) Black cars suck.
2) A circular polarizing filter would have probably cut down on the reflections.
3) I need to be more mindful of things in reflections.
4) I need to be more intentional about where I "park" the car.

Last edited by dune; 12-28-04 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-28-04, 10:13 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

WOW! excellent pics Tony....

Ed and Reggie ur cars look great........certainly worthy to be in a full magazine spread....

-Marc

Quick Reply: december photoshoot