GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

december photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-04, 05:45 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
I like the more aggressive hood if you plan on putting that something you want under there. I know that the V8 packs a punch but it is still OEM punch. If it becomes a beast, I think it deserves the "beastly" look.

I love this hood too but will not pursue it unless I am no longer OEM.
thanks chris for the tip and yes something FI is brewing , seeing that i will not be driving this daily much longer i wanted to make the gs standout from crowd just alittle bit

when i saw it on ricks car (a dark color ) i said wow what a look and the venting of hot engine air would not hurt as well
Old 12-31-04, 06:43 PM
dune
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
tony if you want i can pm you daves gallery that he sent me
Sure.

guys seeing that you have seen my car as it currently exsists please help me to decide if i wanna do this or not (rick sorry for using your pic)

do you guys think i should go with the veilside vented hood and matching grill to give the black a even more aggressive look or stay oem
I think the vented hood would look quite nice on your car. When the rest of the beast is as refined as yours, you can afford to take a couple pieces to the extreme.
Old 01-01-05, 09:02 PM
LSonDubz
Driver

just wondering where these pics were taken at?

beautiful car
Old 01-01-05, 09:36 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

u can use those pics anytime... i think you should go for te hood expecially if that SC works out... im plannin on doing some type of FI this summer.. i jsut got a deal on the hood from Jeff (tturrbopimp) and couldnt turn it down.. and beleive me when i tell you i love it... you will see it in FEB at the meet... the DRAWBACK on the hood is ... it is not as heavy and strudy as OEM... there is no slamming the hood.. and you cant use the stock hood struts.. which is a bummer. BUT looks very aggresive.. which i like alot.. plus i dont open the hood much except when im at shows.. and even then i now have small about 15" hood prop so you can see the hood.. but since i alrady have this mod i would love to see what other people think abotu it... i was actaully going to start a new thread.. with pics of my cart with the stock hood and L tuned grill compared to the Veilside and see what people liked more.. if you want ill post 2 pics for ou ... a before and after sort of pics.
Old 01-02-05, 07:23 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSonDubz
just wondering where these pics were taken at?

beautiful car

thanks man

the pics were taken off sr 84 and i 95 under the 595 i95 exchange.. its called i95 corp park right as you go into dania beach area

dunes eagle eye found these spots and when i tell you perfect the spots were perfect
Old 01-02-05, 07:26 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00lexondub
u can use those pics anytime... i think you should go for te hood expecially if that SC works out... im plannin on doing some type of FI this summer.. i jsut got a deal on the hood from Jeff (tturrbopimp) and couldnt turn it down.. and beleive me when i tell you i love it... you will see it in FEB at the meet... the DRAWBACK on the hood is ... it is not as heavy and strudy as OEM... there is no slamming the hood.. and you cant use the stock hood struts.. which is a bummer. BUT looks very aggresive.. which i like alot.. plus i dont open the hood much except when im at shows.. and even then i now have small about 15" hood prop so you can see the hood.. but since i alrady have this mod i would love to see what other people think abotu it... i was actaully going to start a new thread.. with pics of my cart with the stock hood and L tuned grill compared to the Veilside and see what people liked more.. if you want ill post 2 pics for ou ... a before and after sort of pics.

thanks rick , sure post them up in fact post a few extras in here so dune could see them and maybe do a shoot of yours for that mag.. i told him yours would be more of their looking for

i love the hood but doing without hood shocks bothers me for i am constantly (every week) going under the hood just to make sure everything is clean and no strange noises or anything.. do you think a good custom body shop could do a custom job and get some lightweight hood shocks to work
Old 01-02-05, 09:29 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

im actually looking into doing some actuators for the hood and trunk so i could so somehting automatic.. liek a remote to open h ood and trunk... but my stereo people are testing the stregnth of them and that wont hapen prolyl for a 2 3 months... i dont want to install and then mu hood start to crack or soemthing like that happen... ILL post a few pics when it gets out of the interior shop on wednesday... i have a car show on saturday so i will have plenty of pics...
ALSO ill post a few pics from HIN miami... but you wont see the new suede inserts or suede headliner... ALSO ill post some night pics.. cuz i have a crap load of lights for night shows.. now i have aout 50 neon and led tubes plus some police strobes and what not...

here are some HIN (hot import nights) pics.

Old 01-02-05, 12:29 PM
dune
Driver

here are some HIN (hot import nights) pics.
Rick, I think your car will work. When are you available?
Old 01-02-05, 12:35 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

available prety much anytime.... i dont get the car out of the shop until wednesday of this week then i have a show on friday and saturday of this week. (7th ad 8th) here in hte jacksonville. then after that i should be fre any time... i start classes on this wednesday too so prolyl a weekend would be the best.jsut let me know.. you can reach me easier... on www.jinsoku.com (my car club website) or AIM : rickums9 ... also what exactly would this be for?

rick
Old 01-02-05, 01:02 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

dune
sorry jsut read through everything, my computer has been done the last week so i havent had a chance to read all the replies i just browsed throught the pics.. i would love to get together for some pictures. PM me and i can get you my cell number and we will work something out.
rick
ps. Ed i will get your those comparison pics , for some reason i can find my personal gallery since they did the new upgrade on CL... maybe dave or anther MOD can help me find those pics..
Old 01-02-05, 01:30 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

dune
sorry jsut read through everything, my computer has been done the last week so i havent had a chance to read all the replies i just browsed throught the pics.. i would love to get together for some pictures. PM me and i can get you my cell number and we will work something out.
rick
ps. Ed i will get your those comparison pics , for some reason i can find my personal gallery since they did the new upgrade on CL... maybe dave or anther MOD can help me find those pics..
no problem rick

the car is looking better then ever ,, cant wait to see it in person.. as far as dune doing the shots its well worth the trip for you to drive down or maybe offer him a tkt to come up there for the day to shoot if you are coming down , please give mw a holla so i can spectate for watching him choose his shots is awesome

or pm me when you are coming and ill give you my cell
Old 01-02-05, 01:51 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

where are you guys at in FL?
Old 01-02-05, 02:00 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

where are you guys at in FL?

rick

both me and dune are both in ft lauderdALE , PEMBROKE PINES AND DAVIE
Old 01-02-05, 07:12 PM
dune
Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
as far as dune doing the shots its well worth the trip for you to drive down or maybe offer him a tkt to come up there for the day to shoot if you are coming down , please give mw a holla so i can spectate for watching him choose his shots is awesome
Thanks, Ed. That's quite an endorsement!
Old 01-03-05, 10:33 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dune
Thanks, Ed. That's quite an endorsement!
dune , i dont give comps the are unworthy.. your attention to detail was impressive to say the least...

i hope we all can convince you to truly make the orlando meet (hopefully convoy up with the rest of us ) and take alittle time and do some more of your magic with some group shots and then plaster them on the net and show the clubs how we do it :lexus"style

Quick Reply: december photoshoot