GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

All 4 headlights have condensation in them!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-04, 06:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyboy
This guy must be joking LOL. Honestly if a lexus is not reliable enough for him then maybe he should get a 745Li, that might float his boat. 51k miles and the first problem encountered is condensation inthe headlights, i'd say thats pretty ****ing good. You live and you learn. Infiniti's are great cars, but I just consider that degrading
actually he's serious, his for sale post is in classified already. and i don't think he got the car for 51k since it was used
Old 12-29-04, 07:22 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
actually he's serious, his for sale post is in classified already. and i don't think he got the car for 51k since it was used
i said 51k miles not $51k
Old 12-29-04, 07:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mikeyboy
i said 51k miles not $51k
oh hahhaa, sorry about that, talk about coincidence
Old 12-29-04, 08:04 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by r00kie
Man, he was serious...the car is for sale in the classifieds. It's your car, you can do whatever you want with it, but to sell it just because of this issue seems a little extreme.
Where? I don't see the ad. How much?
Old 12-29-04, 08:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Cadd
Where? I don't see the ad. How much?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145150
Old 12-29-04, 09:13 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
seriously, i have to agree with sick here... a little problem and then you have to sell the car, gosh good luck in changing cars every month. when was the last time we saw a "perfect" car anyway? and have fun owning a bimmer or so too, maybe you will get tired screaming on problems on the car every day.

with that said, you should have talked to lexus dealerships anyway. it's going to be under good will for sure anyway. 6500 miles over, or even 1 mile over, that's over. that's black and white written down so nothing you can do. just be nice and ask for coutesy. maybe you can talk to the lady at lexus corporate again and see what they can do (fax paperwork or so...)

on the other hand, about the headlights, personally i don't think it's a quality issue. if so, i think lexus would have fixed it long long time ago. i think it's more of a design issue, but why they can't fix it that i can't really understand.

and about the dealership, just to be fair, i think they are full of BS... what does you being a second owner has anything to do with the car? so what, you being a second owner would make the headlights more easily fogged out by moisture? pleeeeese....

and even if you have to pay partial for the headlights, get it done now... what's the big deal, your car is over the warranty for god's sake, you know it well... and don't even say "it's a 51k car and not *supposed* to have this problem" that's BS. if you wanna whine, first look at the people in the 70k ls430 with problems here and there, or the people with the 120k sl500 with tons of problems. and you still get people driving 30k car yelling the same statement...

Agreed....A perfect car doesn't exist, and i have owned a few cars, never had one that didn't have a little condensation in the headlights. You bought an expensive car, that has expensive problems, even if they are minor. As stated by many on this site "you have to pay to play". I vote for, sell your car, get one more suited to your budget. That'll easily solve your problem.

Also, please don't suggest the 745li to this guy since his car is already for sale, that car is having so many damn electrical problems, he'd never pay for anything on that to get fixed. He'd report it back as a LEMON!

John
Old 12-29-04, 09:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by JohnGS4
Agreed....A perfect car doesn't exist, and i have owned a few cars, never had one that didn't have a little condensation in the headlights. You bought an expensive car, that has expensive problems, even if they are minor. As stated by many on this site "you have to pay to play". I vote for, sell your car, get one more suited to your budget. That'll easily solve your problem.

Also, please don't suggest the 745li to this guy since his car is already for sale, that car is having so many damn electrical problems, he'd never pay for anything on that to get fixed. He'd report it back as a LEMON!

John
umm..... but seriously i don't know what other car we can suggest.... to be perfectly fair, lexus is pretty much the best out there for quality and reliability
Old 12-29-04, 09:34 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

No, i'm agreeing Rom. He's worried about a little condensation, what's he going to do when he encounters wiring problems? It's just all too ridiculious to sell your car, for a little water in the lenses. Which is why is say, sell the Lex, get something cheaper, easier to work on, and a lot less expensive to fix. Thats all. Its a little extreme, for a problem most cars have, and most of us encounter. Like you said, no car is perfect! I guess i'm just a little upset that a problem, so small would convince someone to sell such an amazing car!

John
Old 12-30-04, 12:02 AM
BUSTN
Instructor

After having a few hours to calm down and re-evaluate the situation, I have come to this conclusion.I definetly over reacted and was wrong.I am out of warranty, and thats it.Trying to sell the car because of the lights is a stupid move.Venting also has gotten me no where or ever will.I apologize about it, everybody has their own problems.
I am going to try and resolve the problem with the methods given on the forum.I am going to delete my for sale post and keep my car.I guess I over react pretty bad sometimes and get heated pretty quick too.I apologize to everyone !

Last edited by BUSTN; 12-30-04 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-30-04, 01:43 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BUSTN
After having a few hours to calm down and re-evaluate the situation, I have come to this conclusion.I definetly over reacted and was wrong.I am out of warranty, and thats it.Trying to sell the car because of the lights is a stupid move.Venting also has gotten me no where or ever will.I apologize about it, everybody has their own problems.
I am going to try and resolve the problem with the methods given on the forum.I am going to delete my for sale post and keep my car.I guess I over react pretty bad sometimes and get heated pretty quick too.I apologize to everyone !
Ah. I knew you could not leave the fold. "Welcome back" , bro!
Old 12-30-04, 09:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hey this is awesome! big props to you bustn!!!!! i think this is the right way to face the problem. be positive and see what all your options are. any other dealerships around you that you can go to? maybe call up lexus again if that doesn't work and see if they can send down a msg to certain dealership directly.
Old 12-30-04, 09:28 AM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Glad you came to your senses.
Old 12-30-04, 10:33 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good deal......now cough up the louzy $400 or so and replace them damn lights so u can quit ur belly-achin
Old 12-30-04, 12:39 PM
LexFather

Good deal. Talk to some Fl memebrs like Bluelex. Maybe they know someone at a Florida dealership that can help you.

Great work everyone.
Old 12-30-04, 01:00 PM
Traturn
Driver

If you decide to go new replacement, you should be able to just get the 'Unit' not the assembly. Basiclay you'll have to swap over everything thats attached to the headlight (computer/bulbs/brackets)

You'll want Lexus PNC's 81135 & 81175

Part-Numbers:

81130-3A152
81170-3A472

Each list about $260 (approx!@#) a piece. So thats just about $500 in parts if you can get them installed for less than Dealer-Rates you'll land well under $1,000 for the fix.

Quick Reply: All 4 headlights have condensation in them!!