GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

All 4 headlights have condensation in them!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-04, 01:04 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hey this is awesome! big props to you bustn!!!!! i think this is the right way to face the problem. be positive and see what all your options are. any other dealerships around you that you can go to? maybe call up lexus again if that doesn't work and see if they can send down a msg to certain dealership directly.
Why would a dealership be able to assist you? If the car isn't under warranty anymore, they won't get paid for the work they do. If you own your own business, would you give freebies to your customers? If you do, you're a generous man. However, you're also losing money. You're also wasting time. You also won't be able to provide the level of service you should to PAYING customers since you're allocating your mechanics' time on freebie jobs.

If Lexus Corp honors the warrantee, I bet dealerships love it. They do the work, and they know they'll get paid.
Old 12-30-04, 01:45 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUSTN
After having a few hours to calm down and re-evaluate the situation, I have come to this conclusion.I definetly over reacted and was wrong.I am out of warranty, and thats it.Trying to sell the car because of the lights is a stupid move.Venting also has gotten me no where or ever will.I apologize about it, everybody has their own problems.
I am going to try and resolve the problem with the methods given on the forum.I am going to delete my for sale post and keep my car.I guess I over react pretty bad sometimes and get heated pretty quick too.I apologize to everyone !

Good for you After reading your post, and replying to it, I checked out your car in the classifieds section and thought to myself that it was a shame you were selling such a nice looking GS. Good luck with fixing the condensation in the headlights, as I too will be understaking that task in the next month or so.
Old 12-30-04, 02:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadd
Why would a dealership be able to assist you? If the car isn't under warranty anymore, they won't get paid for the work they do. If you own your own business, would you give freebies to your customers? If you do, you're a generous man. However, you're also losing money. You're also wasting time. You also won't be able to provide the level of service you should to PAYING customers since you're allocating your mechanics' time on freebie jobs.

If Lexus Corp honors the warrantee, I bet dealerships love it. They do the work, and they know they'll get paid.
i will not (and cannot) go into details, but actually if the dealership wants to help, and willing to do the paperwork, etc... they can talk to lexus and help you get the good will and lexus will pay for the repair just like warranty work. it works different from when you have warranty, where dealership can just give the yes and do it. this time they have to get notes, the manager talks to someone else, get lexus to know, lexus say yes, and they do it

other times, some lexus dealerships they want to be nice and make customer happy, they are happy to split the cost of replacement with the customer. this is specially the case for some long time returning customers
Old 12-30-04, 05:21 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BUSTN
After having a few hours to calm down and re-evaluate the situation, I have come to this conclusion.I definetly over reacted and was wrong.I am out of warranty, and thats it.Trying to sell the car because of the lights is a stupid move.Venting also has gotten me no where or ever will.I apologize about it, everybody has their own problems.
I am going to try and resolve the problem with the methods given on the forum.I am going to delete my for sale post and keep my car.I guess I over react pretty bad sometimes and get heated pretty quick too.I apologize to everyone !
Now that's what i'm talking about! A little water never hurt nobody! lol. You can ebay the lights if it makes you feel better or buy them new from the dealer. Whatever floats your boat, but never, ever! sell the Lex for a little water.

John
Old 12-30-04, 10:12 PM
BUSTN
Instructor

Cool guys.i spoke to my buddy today and he is having the same problem.We are just going to set a day aside and tackle this job ourselves.I will be doing some more research to make sure I do the job right the first time.Are their any links to a diy page for this?Thanks again guys!!!