GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS400 on 22's

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-05, 04:39 AM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be wrong but I think the big wheel craze started with the SUV era. 22"s or 24"s don't necessarily look bad on a truck but when you put them on a car, I think they look funny. It's a shame that such a beautiful car as the GS had to go through such treatment. My guess is that we will be seeing a few more fugly GS as prices continue to go go down. When the body style changes, I think it will be even worst as prices will probably hit rock bottom. Oh well, it's time I get a new car anyway. I kow it won't be a BMW. I have had a bad experience with the M3 and my 745 Li has just been a total nightmare ever since I bought it. A complete waste of money. May be I'll just sitck to my 03 Range Rover for a while. At least big rims don't look funny on those
Old 01-04-05, 04:44 AM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

And I think the owners of that site mispelled the name. It should be EastCoastRicers
Old 01-04-05, 04:46 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

any pics of the gs on 22's yet?
Old 01-04-05, 04:33 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Red face

man you guys are brutal.. you actually scared off the newbie..

but man those other pics makes "harry potters' ride up there in NY ______ land look sweet how sad though

badassgs3 , you made a very good point but as long as clublex rolls strong we can weed them bad apples out with tatse style and class
Old 01-04-05, 05:57 PM
LexFather

I am in shock and the horror of seeing those cars. Very sad. There is taste, there is doing what you want, and then there is doing crap. Those fall under doing crap. Instead of modding, its like, you go to the bathroom and VOILA!!!, your car comes out.

We here choose not to do the latter.

Going big on SUVs is cool.. I understand that madness. I understand that we have to have the biggest. The biggest SUV. The biggest Rims. But punishing your ride and car and tearing it apart from the inside out trying to fit these flying saucer sized wheels on your car is not going to win you any cool points here. Go to Cardomain if you like to get support from people with the I.Q range of a cough drop.

We live in a time where faking the funk is what is cool. We live in a time where people either don't want to know the difference or care. We live in a time, even with the internet providing vast knowledge, that people slap anything on anything.

It doesn't make sense. You can have 22s on your Maxima. When the guy with the 100k 745 pulls up on staggered 22s, your going to look really, really silly. Period.

Old 01-04-05, 06:17 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALL I HAVE TO SAY WHY????????????????????
Old 01-04-05, 06:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Guys I think we've had enough big wheel bashing for the moment. I'm sure everyone will have more opportunities in the future to hone your skills.

Remember some of these guys build show cars (not saying any of those pictured earlier meet that description) and add some 'outrageous' stuff compared to the mainstream of CL simply to get a judge's attention - and it works. Purpose built like that may not be to most of our taste, but if the owner likes it that is whats important

For those that do it because simply think its cool, wouldn't it be nice to educate rather than mock them?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-04-05 at 06:55 PM.