GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Ltuned guy's and none Ltuned guys

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-05, 07:55 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ltuned guy's and none Ltuned guys

Is there any thing diffrent from taking your none L tuned GS430 to the lexus dealer for service then taking your L tuned GS430?

The dealers here are totally lost in the dark here in vegas. please let me know.
Old 01-04-05, 08:00 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

What are they lost about? What are you trying to get done to your car? basic oil change?

They shouldn't have any problems with any ltuned car. Ltuned only adds side skirts, grill, steering ecu, maybe an exhaust and maybe springs and shocks. Nothing a dealer needs to mess with when servicing your car.

There shouldn't be any difference at all.
Old 01-04-05, 08:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS
Is there any thing diffrent from taking your none L tuned GS430 to the lexus dealer for service then taking your L tuned GS430?

The dealers here are totally lost in the dark here in vegas. please let me know.
L-tuned was made by Lexus for Lexus and is factory backed once it was installed at the dealership. No there should be nothing different and that was to be one of the bright spots of L-tuned.
Old 01-04-05, 10:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

plus, ltuned is more like cosmetic stuff most of the time, i do't see why they would see teh car different
Old 01-05-05, 04:02 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

The sum total of L-Tuned offerings amounted to a body kit, steering ECU (about which there was great debate since the 01 and later cars supposedly had the L-Tuned ECU as a standard part, but there are many who swore that there was a different feel when the original ECU was replaced with the identically part-numbered L-Tuned ECU), springs/shocks, mufflers/tips, and 3 different wheel/tire choices.

The parts were warrantied to the same degree as the parts they replaced and the installation was warrantied for a year if performed at a Lexus dealer.

Confusion may arise since L-Tuned is no more, folded back into TRD from which it sprung, and I could understand some newer dealership employees not having heard of it nor seen any cars with L-Tuned parts, since it never made much of an impression on the vast majority of new GS buyers. But as previous posters point out, there's not really anything for the dealership to have any difficulty working on.
Old 01-05-05, 12:36 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS

let's see some pics and we'll tell you just how L-tuned you are
Old 01-05-05, 05:29 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Hehe Chuck Im going to get the car Friday from a member if everything goes as planed with a few transactions down here. just cant leave before they close
Old 01-05-05, 05:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mooretorque
The sum total of L-Tuned offerings amounted to a body kit, steering ECU (about which there was great debate since the 01 and later cars supposedly had the L-Tuned ECU as a standard part, but there are many who swore that there was a different feel when the original ECU was replaced with the identically part-numbered L-Tuned ECU), springs/shocks, mufflers/tips, and 3 different wheel/tire choices.

The parts were warrantied to the same degree as the parts they replaced and the installation was warrantied for a year if performed at a Lexus dealer.

Confusion may arise since L-Tuned is no more, folded back into TRD from which it sprung, and I could understand some newer dealership employees not having heard of it nor seen any cars with L-Tuned parts, since it never made much of an impression on the vast majority of new GS buyers. But as previous posters point out, there's not really anything for the dealership to have any difficulty working on.
Great post.
Old 01-05-05, 06:03 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Great post.
Is TRD going to continue to make/sell L-tune stuff under their name or are they just selling off the stock.
Old 01-05-05, 06:05 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by chuckb
Is TRD going to continue to make/sell L-tune stuff under their name or are they just selling off the stock.
L-tuned is gone. Nothing more will be made. The next Lexus performance division has not been named yet but will be more than suspension and bodykits, but will include engine enchancements as well. Rumored to be called "GT" So the GS would be the Lexus GS 430 GT
Old 01-05-05, 06:12 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
L-tuned is gone. Nothing more will be made. The next Lexus performance division has not been named yet but will be more than suspension and bodykits, but will include engine enchancements as well. Rumored to be called "GT" So the GS would be the Lexus GS 430 GT
that's what I thought. So you don't think the new division will make stuff still for 2nd gens, right?

BTW- GS 430GT sounds pretty stupid- sounds like a Pontiac or something
Old 01-05-05, 10:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
that's what I thought. So you don't think the new division will make stuff still for 2nd gens, right?

BTW- GS 430GT sounds pretty stupid- sounds like a Pontiac or something
i don't think they will make anything for the 2nd gen anymore

i think it will be gs450gt or something. well if it's fast and nice, i don't mind the name
Old 01-07-05, 10:14 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it could be the dealers way of charging you more money for nothing. keep in mind that l-tuned is just exterior enhancements and nothing to do with engine operations.
Old 01-07-05, 10:50 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

"
it could be the dealers way of charging you more money for nothing. keep in mind that l-tuned is just exterior enhancements and nothing to do with engine operations.

Doubtful. Lexus (in the form of the CEO of Lexus of North America) has announced in press conferences regarding new products that there will be a sport division specifically along the lines of (MB) AMG and (BMW) M. It will offer performance-enhanced versions of all model lines (tho I wouldn't necessarily believe, for instance, a 450 hp LX...........but even that's possible, since the next gen LX will be based on the Sequoia platform rather than the Land Crusher, which will soldier on for Toyota).

So, I'm hoping my next car gets to be a 400 hp AWD GS4xx..........or even 5xx!! Not holding my breath for manual tranny, tho............