GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Cherry Red GS4 in HCI mag

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-05, 06:53 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since when did more tv's = better??? I've seen that car before but never commented. All of those tv's, are they necessary? Who's going to watch them? "Hmmm, I think i'll sit in front of the car and pop the hood and watch a little tv.. or should I go and sit by the fuel door?" Seems excessive and unnecessary to me.
Old 01-12-05, 07:14 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

This is nothing new. When I was younger I worked as a car stereo installer and entered in all the shows...

The cleanest install and best sound quality always lost to 20 Subs and SPL, Fishtanks in the trunks, and 200 Watt amps running at a 1/2 OHM... putting a lot of money into the stereo only counted if it was subs and amps... similar to LCD's now.

It is all about whats new...
Old 01-12-05, 07:26 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ALL SHOW-NO GO Man think if instead of buying 42 tvs he would have spent that money on turbos. I think the red black ext is pretty cool. If he just had a clean stock black interior with no BS and turbos or blower that thing would be sweet.

Are those rims Iforge Aero w/painted centers?
Old 01-12-05, 09:09 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
ALL SHOW
I think that is the point.

Some of you guys are forgetting that this is a show car. From what has been said here, he trailers it around. Sadly, winning shows somtimes has little to do with the usefulness of the mod. Apprently, he is winning shows and that is his goal.
Old 01-12-05, 10:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
I think that is the point.

Some of you guys are forgetting that this is a show car. From what has been said here, he trailers it around. Sadly, winning shows somtimes has little to do with the usefulness of the mod. Apprently, he is winning shows and that is his goal.
umm...... not sure if i agree. where is it written though, that putting as much junk in your car as possible is the way to win? if so, i will accept it and just feel sad about all these meaningless shows.... imho shows aren't about money. it's a factor but taste is another big one

just my 2 cents
Old 01-12-05, 10:58 PM
LexFather

Sadly most judges don't know jack. And even so, it would be hard to find ANY judge that not only knows stock cars from multiple brands but what mods to add and not to add and whats available. So the cars with the most usually win.

I bought this mag but forgot to post about it.
Old 01-12-05, 11:59 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
umm...... not sure if i agree. where is it written though, that putting as much junk in your car as possible is the way to win? if so, i will accept it and just feel sad about all these meaningless shows.... imho shows aren't about money. it's a factor but taste is another big one

just my 2 cents
Well, from what I can glean, these shows are about what you have and even more importantly, who you know (but that's another topic ). Taste is a factor but sadly it is a small factor. Without repeating what 1SickLex said (and I agree with him), I'll just quote him:

it would be hard to find ANY judge that not only knows stock cars from multiple brands but what mods to add and not to add and whats available. So the cars with the most usually win.
What we do with our cars is one thing. What must be done to do well at shows is another. There are plenty of threads where we snicker and look down on NYWizard, but he does place and win at shows. I think that is the status quo. Look at the car in question. He beat out both Dave and Dr G. Both gorgeous GS cars with FI. I'd take Dave's car over this red one for myself but my tastes and what wins are two different things.
Old 01-13-05, 12:04 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Neo
Well, from what I can glean, these shows are about what you have and even more importantly, who you know (but that's another topic ). Taste is a factor but sadly it is a small factor. Without repeating what 1SickLex said (and I agree with him), I'll just quote him:

What we do with our cars is one thing. What must be done to do well at shows is another. There are plenty of threads where we snicker and look down on NYWizard, but he does place and win at shows. I think that is the status quo. Look at the car in question. He beat out both Dave and Dr G. Both gorgeous GS cars with FI. I'd take Dave's car over this red one for myself but my tastes and what wins are two different things.
Yeah, I was at the show , saw the car in person. It clearly is very over-done, where u can't help but notice it. I don't think it was better than Daves and Dr.Gs but it was the best "Show GS". Kudos to him!
Old 01-13-05, 12:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah i don't agree the way it is but i agree that it's how things are being done now. very sad.... easily one resaon why i don't care much about car shows unless i have to (sponsorships, demo, etc...)
Old 01-13-05, 09:11 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is the kind of guy who reads the book for the contests

and sees where the most points are given and then just does it

paint job

air suspension

custom interior

etc etc etc
Old 01-13-05, 09:36 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

This car is a perfect example of a sponsor wh**e...You cram as much of your sponsors products in your car regardless of the outcome and trailer it from show to show..I cant say I'm too impressed with car..