GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Need Body kit help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-05, 05:08 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Body kit help

I am in search of a new body kit. I had the WIN kit and took it off because it was just too low for me. I like the way the GS looks when it is low and didnt want to have to raise it up so I wouldnt have to worry about damage to the kit. I am looking for a clean classy kit. I already have the Lsportline sides that I was going to use with the win kit. I was thinking about the Lsportline front and veilside exec rear. But I also like the Walk kit, even though it is just an add-on kit. I was also looking at the Fabulous kit. I dont want anything too aggresive, just something clean and classy. I also dont like the TTE lip. THe only problem with the Lsportline route is that there are a lot of members with this kit and a lot looking for the kit. Any other suggestions or any ideas what would work? Thanks for the help in advance
Old 01-13-05, 06:03 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go junction... do it ! or if you like the aggressive kinda look.... you can always go QUEST !
Old 01-13-05, 06:05 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you visited

www.l-tunedparts.com

trust me when i tell you ...you get great ideas from there

i believe there are some body kits in the classifieds right now

junction is a very nice kit
Old 01-13-05, 08:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha you mean wald? anyway, i think it's a very nice kit, i would get that one. though it's add on but i think it's very nice

how about ugo
Old 01-13-05, 08:42 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

if you decide to go WALD

speak to D2 autosport

a vendor here on CL
Old 01-13-05, 09:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
if you decide to go WALD

speak to D2 autosport

a vendor here on CL
man he carries wald too? this guy is amazing, he carries so much stuff..
Old 01-14-05, 01:04 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

thanks for the help guys. I thought about the JP but I am not a big fan of the sides, kinda plain to me. I really love the wald kit, very clean but I am just not sure if it is the one. Rominl, about the UGO kit, where can I find pics of this kit on your car? I thought about that but wasnt sure if they still made it, since the roof spoiler is gone Also where can I find a pic of the AutoCouture kit? I have been to the ltuned website many times and have ordered a ton of stuff from steve, I got my WIN kit from him and coilovers and............. Are there a lot of GSs with the Wald kit? My fear with the Lsportline kit is that there are a TON of GSs with that kit and I really would like something a bit more rare. Also does anyone know how much lower than the stock bumper that the Wald kit sits? Thanks for the help guys
Old 01-14-05, 01:14 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

this is the WALD kit on a car similar to yours

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=123865
Old 01-14-05, 01:26 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I think that kit is really smooth. What if I painted the horizontal slats of the stock front bumper black so that they arent as pronounced. Would that look bad?
Old 01-14-05, 06:31 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Rominl, about the UGO kit, where can I find pics of this kit on your car? I thought about that but wasnt sure if they still made it, since the roof spoiler is gone
The kit is on Rom's car and unless you make him an offer, you won't be getting it anywhere else.

Old 01-14-05, 06:51 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

whats up Rich long ime no See. dude If you decide on the Wald i really have wished that someone would mold that kit to the stock bumper instead of just adding it, its different and would look so sick imo. i also think the Quest kit would look awesome. love the air ride man congrats..hit me up whenever man...
Old 01-14-05, 09:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thanks for the help guys. I thought about the JP but I am not a big fan of the sides, kinda plain to me. I really love the wald kit, very clean but I am just not sure if it is the one. Rominl, about the UGO kit, where can I find pics of this kit on your car? I thought about that but wasnt sure if they still made it, since the roof spoiler is gone Also where can I find a pic of the AutoCouture kit? I have been to the ltuned website many times and have ordered a ton of stuff from steve, I got my WIN kit from him and coilovers and............. Are there a lot of GSs with the Wald kit? My fear with the Lsportline kit is that there are a TON of GSs with that kit and I really would like something a bit more rare. Also does anyone know how much lower than the stock bumper that the Wald kit sits? Thanks for the help guys
you can go to my gallery here

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...12/ppuser/7957

and continue to next page, etc.. to see more angles of the kit. and yeah, actaully i am the first and only one in the US to have this kit, and since they discontinued everything, i am the only one.

if someone makes an attractive offer i might consider selling my kit thought about something else
Old 01-14-05, 09:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh and to answer your question, nop, i don't think there are more than a very few cars here with wald
Old 01-15-05, 08:19 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Adrian- whats up man. It has been a very long time. Ive been busy with work and my other projects but I am starting to get back into the GS. If I did get the wald kit I would definately mold the kit to the bumper, unless the body shop charged me some kind of exorbitent price.

Rominl- congrats on being the only one with that kit. That kind of exclusivity is priceless. I will check out your pics. Where can I find pics of the quest power kit that everyone keeps bringing up?
Old 01-16-05, 11:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Adrian- whats up man. It has been a very long time. Ive been busy with work and my other projects but I am starting to get back into the GS. If I did get the wald kit I would definately mold the kit to the bumper, unless the body shop charged me some kind of exorbitent price.

Rominl- congrats on being the only one with that kit. That kind of exclusivity is priceless. I will check out your pics. Where can I find pics of the quest power kit that everyone keeps bringing up?
sure, take a look. i was just talking to my wife this past weekend about the ugo kits and she also asked if there is any other nice kits around

Quick Reply: Need Body kit help