GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Junction Produce kit vs Explosion kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-05, 11:03 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, go with JP. Explosion kit is way too common, not to mention lots of knock off and a few people even follow someone and remove the cross on the front bumper.....
Old 01-21-05, 01:13 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
personally i like the jp a lot more than the explosion. the explosion is aggressive, but somehow the round fogs in the front don't do it for me. for the jp it's just very classy, i like that
exactly!...the shape of the lexus fogs look soo much better imo....if I ever do get a body kit....the JP and mayb admiration are the only ones I would consider getting...
Old 01-21-05, 01:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
exactly!...the shape of the lexus fogs look soo much better imo....if I ever do get a body kit....the JP and mayb admiration are the only ones I would consider getting...
man, we think alike!
Old 01-21-05, 07:02 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Yeah, go with JP. Explosion kit is way too common, not to mention lots of knock off and a few people even follow someone and remove the cross on the front bumper.....
to whom are you referring to .. LOL.. BTW.. i never seen pics of your car ... hoenslty iddnt even know you had explosion front bumper.. i didnt know until you told me when i posted teh thresd about myc ar being done..
Old 01-21-05, 07:12 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

But you can actually GET the Expolsion kit.....
Old 01-21-05, 07:41 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Thanks for all the opinions! It looks like it's almost 50/50. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the shipping issues with JP until recently. I have something I ordered from them through my buddy's shop. Guess, I'll wait to see how this issue plays out before I look into the JP kit. I really like the Wald Kit, but I don't like the fact that it's a lip kit. If I got that I would have to mold in the front and rear. I'd prefer full bumpers. Anyone have any info on where to get (or look at) the Fabulous, Algernon, and T's Project kits?
Old 01-21-05, 11:40 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Didn't read the whole post so I don't know if this ahs already been mentioned:

I say the JP kit. IMO the explosion would look funny without an intercooler behind it. Plus I'm a little bit of a JP groupie
Old 01-21-05, 11:48 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

hehe ill be filling my explosion front with an intercooler SOON
Old 01-21-05, 12:00 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Two totally different kits. I won't comment on my preference, cause it should be no surprise what it is.

Here's some additional information, for comparison sake:

1. The Explosion and the RMM kit are nearly identical, except for the round fog light holes. So for those who don't like the round fogs or like the factory fogs, then the RMM kit is another option.

2. Cutting out the center bar is a DIY option on the RMM cause the bar material is solid at the ends, so you can just cut carefully and sand it down flush. No body filler of fiberglassing required.

3. I am not at home to check the exact info but roughly, the JP kit costs 3 times the price of the RMM version of the kit (Buy it cheaper from Carson Toyota NOT direct from RMM).

4. The JP kit is like 12 pieces for the 'below the beltline " pieces, since the side skirts also require all the lower door caps and lower trim to be replaced. The RMM is 4 pieces.

5. The RMM is NOT fiberglass , unlike the the Explosion. This makes for a real durable part. Many times I have bumped the skirt or air dam and it just flexed instead of cracking.

6. Paint does not chip off as easy from rocks, etc. Since the material is semi-soft, it gives along with the paint when hit by debris, unlike fiberglass which chips hard.

Originally Posted by Darius2010
IMO the explosion would look funny without an intercooler behind it.
Darius I see your point. Guess I'll need to do something about that !
Old 01-21-05, 02:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

for the number of pieces you get for the jp kit, i think the price can be justified
Old 01-21-05, 03:38 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Like many said, they are two different kits aimed at different looks. For my personal tastes, I would have to pick the JP kit. Aero kit styling is so personal. Everyone will have a bias and yo'll just have to dig down and see what yours is.
Old 01-21-05, 08:48 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Two totally different kits. I won't comment on my preference, cause it should be no surprise what it is.

Here's some additional information, for comparison sake:

1. The Explosion and the RMM kit are nearly identical, except for the round fog light holes. So for those who don't like the round fogs or like the factory fogs, then the RMM kit is another option.

2. Cutting out the center bar is a DIY option on the RMM cause the bar material is solid at the ends, so you can just cut carefully and sand it down flush. No body filler of fiberglassing required.

3. I am not at home to check the exact info but roughly, the JP kit costs 3 times the price of the RMM version of the kit (Buy it cheaper from Carson Toyota NOT direct from RMM).

4. The JP kit is like 12 pieces for the 'below the beltline " pieces, since the side skirts also require all the lower door caps and lower trim to be replaced. The RMM is 4 pieces.

5. The RMM is NOT fiberglass , unlike the the Explosion. This makes for a real durable part. Many times I have bumped the skirt or air dam and it just flexed instead of cracking.

6. Paint does not chip off as easy from rocks, etc. Since the material is semi-soft, it gives along with the paint when hit by debris, unlike fiberglass which chips hard.

Darius I see your point. Guess I'll need to do something about that !

thanks for all this info
i was about to try to buy an explosion rear but after this i think ill pass
unless the price is right

good looking out
Old 01-23-05, 04:08 PM
LessEndz
Driver School Candidate

the Junction Produce Kit fits literally PERFECT on my JZS147
mounting points line up exactly.. didn't have to mark holes to modify or anything.

the JP kit was a much better fit on my Aristo than the RE Amemiya kit i got for my RX7 was.(which also cost twice as much as the JP kit)
Old 01-23-05, 04:12 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LessEndz
the Junction Produce Kit fits literally PERFECT on my JZS147
mounting points line up exactly.. didn't have to mark holes to modify or anything.

the JP kit was a much better fit on my Aristo than the RE Amemiya kit i got for my RX7 was.(which also cost twice as much as the JP kit)

what color is yoUr car

got any pics and ....

welcome t o CL
Old 01-23-05, 05:35 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
what color is yoUr car

got any pics and ....

welcome t o CL
LOL. You can't come on and say you have JP and not post any pics.

Quick Reply: Junction Produce kit vs Explosion kit