GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Someone rear ended my new Lexus!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-01, 12:50 AM
TOPSPEED
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Some stupid driver rear ended my GS 400 on freeway 605 near Bevery exit yesterday! I just had my GS4 for a little over two months. I am so f&*K** pissed by what happen to my lovely Lex.
Somehow my car and myself wasn't badly damaged by the car hit me.(some 94 style Honda Accord). Both of the exhausts were damaged, and the lower rear bumper was also damaged, but showed no dent. The safety engineering of the GS4 is outstanding. But the Accord was very badly damaged by hitting my car.(why mess with a Lexus at first place, right?)
I just wish my GS4 can get repaired quickly and I can drive it again in no time.
Old 05-19-01, 12:59 AM
Overtaxed
Driver

AARGH! Not again! This is happening way too often.

I've been there. I know how you feel. Hell, I was rear-ended over a week ago and I'm still pissed off.
Old 05-19-01, 02:18 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain too I was rear ended a few weeks back too by some idiot in a toyota celica with no insurance he pissed me off so bad but I took all the money he had in his bank account, but hey look on the bright side now you have a good reason to get an exaust and a nice body kit with the insurance money your gonna get
Old 05-19-01, 05:48 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

I feel your pain!!!! I know you must be pissed, cause you feel as though your car is incomplete and you don't even feel like driving it!!!! All I have to say is to make it a building experience. Add about $600-1000 and get a body kit. Since the mufflers are damaged, take the money and hit aftermarket exhausts. You know what I mean.
Old 05-19-01, 09:58 AM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

Yeah, I was hitted by a stupid lincon couple days ago, it's was raining and the car in front came to a dead stop, i hitted the brake and i stop right there but the car in the back couldn't stop quick enough and rear ended me, can you believe that? But when i got out i found only a small nick in my bumper and the guy was begging me to let him go. :eek: And i did... what was i thinking well hope u got paid good for your damage, get some thing good for it
Old 05-19-01, 11:07 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Cool

I feel your pain. Today I went to a Valet Parking in the Mall but I insisted on parking it myself and taking the keys. When I was going to my car the Valet said someone just hit the back of your car. I yelled out ****** :eek:

then he said he was only kidding. I looked around just to be on the safe side and it seemed okay. He said that he expects me to get back at him for that little joke
But I did have to replace my GS400 with only 648 miles on it after it got flood damaged that totaled the engine etc. But I got to replace it with a New GS430 with Nav & Mark Sound
Old 05-20-01, 01:12 AM
TOPSPEED
Rookie

Thumbs up Thank you all

Thank for all of you guys who care about your fellow Lexus owners. It is just sad to see your lovely car sitting in the garage waiting to be repaired. I just can't believe there are that many GS owners out there who got recently rear ended!!! I feel your pains too.

Well, that shows the Lexus GS does indeed has an awesome break!!(by the numbers, yes it does) I just don't understand why those people being so stupid to following a nice car like GS 400 so close

Anyway, I did think about request the Lexus body shop to put some different exhaust on my car. But what are my choices? Is L-tuned exhaust a good choice? I am not really into modifications on my gs4, because before I think my gs4 is too good to need any additional mods. Any suggestion will be very helpful. Thanks
Old 05-20-01, 07:06 PM
Juan C. Cos

If I'm ever going to be rear-ended (knock on wood), I hope to be driving my giant Navigator; that way I just have to rub the other car's paint (from the hood) off my hitch assembly.
Crashing sucks, especially when it's not your fault!!
Go for the exhaust man; that way people will know you're driving a V8. At least in my '98, the tire roar was driving me nuts, so the exhaust sound is a welcome replacement, and it disappears at freeway speeds, and it's completely unnoticeable even under acceleration with the stereo on.

Old 05-24-01, 05:39 PM
BBD
....BANNED! :-)

Unhappy

Hey man no worries ,,, look at what happend to me I will get a picture up asap,,,, anyways 2 weeks ago someone broke my tail lights had to call Steve to get new GS430 lights on my Gs400... I also got some spoilers as well anyways during my waiting period ,, An IDIOT COP jumps in the middle of the road stopping cars the car infront of me slamed on its break and I did so as well I BARLEY hit him almost had a heart attack 2 seconds later I hear a car breaking HARD I look in my rear view mirror and I see him and BAAAAM he hit me I hit the guy infront of me and I was REALLY PISSED OFF ,, MY CAR my baby my life was hurt man ,, I swear if I was in a 3rd world country I would beat the ****e out of the guy behind me the cop and the guy that was infront of me I was just MAD.... anyways my cars in the gagre getting fixed and putting the spoilers on... ahhhhhh what a nasty month this is for me ... gettign pictures tomorow hopefuly G luck