GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Talking about lowered? ... Damn

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-01, 12:23 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of suspension set is this?

Also, anyone know what kind of rims these are... I like them.

Looks bigger than 20" IMHO.
Attached Thumbnails Talking about lowered?  ... Damn-blacklexrim.jpg  

Last edited by D-MAN63; 05-19-01 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-19-01, 12:26 PM
zz231
Pole Position

so why lower the car so much in the rear but not in the front? is it to show that they're using some kind of hight adjustable coilovers?
Old 05-19-01, 03:20 PM
chino78
Rookie

Maybe it has airbags on it and they want to show the versatility of their product. Slam it if you want and raise to go over speed bumps if you have a low bodykit? That's my .02
Old 05-19-01, 05:30 PM
NVRENUFHP
Rookie

That is the tackiest, most tasteless automobile I've ever seen. It gives the rest of us a bad name...no need to wonder why the BMW boys look down their noses at Lexus owners. Jeez, that abomination would give 'em ammunition for weeks.
Old 05-19-01, 06:18 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree have to agree with NVRENUFHP, that GS looks tacky looking like that. anyways,

The wheels look almost exactly like the ones on my mom's '97 S500. I think there is a picture of them on David's site (gtautosports.com). About the suspension, I think that it might be on hydraulics.

I do like the metallic grill that they have in between the fog lights, but it doesn't look right with how the car was done.

Last edited by hellasboy; 05-19-01 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-19-01, 06:32 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

I hope that rim isn't a benz's rim?

Is it the reflection or does that rim looks like it has gold around the gaps.

I agree with everyone that it looks wacko the way it is setup.. I don't think it can even be driven.
Old 05-19-01, 07:35 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

they are BENZ rims from BRABUS
Old 05-19-01, 07:49 PM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

that looks like a Japanese show...hence it's an Aristo. I think this japanese crowd here are the ones that emulate American style stuff like the airbags and ish. Some Japanese have strange tastes.

BTW, I went to the meet at CT, and it was pretty cool to see all the bad *** GS's you all have cool rides. I was pissed that the food was all gone but then it wasn't ClubLex's fault.
Old 05-19-01, 10:12 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want to get my car lowered too, but around here my stock GS already hits the ground a lot. I am looking into something like aribags or hydraulics so that I can lower it on flat roads, highways, and when parked and raise it when going into bumpy or hilly areas.

Do you guys recommend me doing something like that? Or just keep it stock? Someone recommended that I don't do any hydraulic or airbag setup for the GS.
Old 05-20-01, 02:41 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Nano - Hydros? Forget it! It's a LOT of work and they're always problematic (trust me, I have many friend's in low rider clubs)...airbags are also problematic (though installation is much easier)...If you don't plan on doing ANY performance driving, airbags are not horrible, but I would NOT recommend it. To prevent bottoming out, just drive more CAREFULLY. I would do coilovers instead (of course!)

Benz rims on a GS - Plain wrong. Would you put L-sportline rims on your Benz?
Old 05-20-01, 03:14 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

I guess you are right about the hydros, I usually see it on crappy cars anyway, never on cars that are more than even 30g.

I don't want to be driving ever-so-slowly on speed bumps and hilly entries exists. Although I know speed bumps are designed to slow you down.

Manaray, you are the one who got me started thinking about the coilovers in the first place when I was new here. Maybe driving more carefully is not such a big loss compared to what you get, a lowered car.

Was it Tein HA Coilovers you recommended? How much do they cost? The problem is I don't even know if anyone around here can install stuff like that real good. Even when I simply speak about putting tv's in headrests they are like, "well, with something THAT advanced, you would have to talk to the owner himself about the whole deal". I wonder what they would think when I tell them that I want to install an entire computer system in there ! lol
Old 05-20-01, 05:42 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The Tein HA's are good but if you want a smoother ride, the Tein CS's is the way to go. It's adjustment levels start from around stock and then goes into sport...the HA's start at sport and goes to REAL sporty...both are height adjustable and both will make your car handle a lot better.

I don't know of any performance shops in Tenn. nor any "advanced" stereo shops You might have to drive to another state to get that kinda stuff done. The coil overs aren't too difficult but I would want someone who's know what they're doing to install it. You might want to talk to your local Lexus Dealership's mechanic to see if he'll do a little "side job" for ya...

As for your computer system, hehehe, I can't help ya there...I just take a laptop when I need a computer!
Old 05-20-01, 08:23 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why would you leave your lex with the front up and rear down? at least put the front down and the rear up, at least that is a BIT more acceptable... and at least make your point about being adjustable by changing then throughout the show... unless they did....

oh well
Old 05-20-01, 09:01 PM
msray
Pole Position

Default you guys are silly

about it being an abomination....thats just ridiculious. Obviously everyone has their own style and i doubt they drive it around like that. They are just showing what is possible with their product. I wouldnt do it to mine but who cares.
Old 05-21-01, 08:20 AM
NVRENUFHP
Rookie

Since when is "gross embarrasement" a style? Like I said before -- stuff like that just gives the BMW boys more fodder.

Quick Reply: Talking about lowered? ... Damn