GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

footwell bulb help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-05, 10:15 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were do you get the bulbs for the overhead console the two little round ones I have everything changed to led's but those two and can't find them anywhere.
Old 01-31-05, 09:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by amaq
Guys,
Your making it too difficult, the footewell cover/shield in which the light is installed (under the blower motor) is just snapped in with tree clips at the front seam (closer to glove box bottom). I have opened it atleast 4 time in the last week. The damed #74 I bought from OReilley Auto parts fits in the base but is too fat for it to stay in the holder.

Infact mine did not go out, I took it out to put it in my Accord's cluster which went out. So I am trying to replace my Lexi's now. I think the best bet would be to go buy it from dealer. I bought one from Honda dealer, but the guy sold me the one with holder, saying it does not come alone. Which is a BS, any how still with holder it was $6. I am sure you can get one for around $3 at toyota dealer, guaranteed to fit. LOL
taking out the lens cover isn't the challenge. taking out the bulb after that is. it's very small, slippery, and hot when the door is opened. i find it very tough (at least for me) to pull out the bulb. ended up taking out the panel and it's a lot easier..
Old 02-13-05, 11:30 AM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I

Request #1
Well, I got the glovebox light out, and the bulb out, but the superbrightled.com white led (74 replacement) wont stay in!!! I can put the old bulb back in just fine and it stays. Any suggestions? Anyone run into this before? Is there a white bulb to match the polarg's or an led that will fit?

Yeah i ran into this. on the base of the led there are two metal wire. i kinda played with those... pulled them outward just a little, and the led seemed to fit a lot better in there

Request #2
How the heck do you get the 74 footwell bulbs out?!?!?!?!? Drivers side: I got the cover off, the socket out, but I can pull out the damn bulb. I've tried adhesive tape on a pliers, rubber jar lid thing, rubber gloves. Won't budge!

i just used brute strength. lol

Passenger side. What do I have to take out to get to the socket? Or, can I just remove the cover and pull the bulb without taking the socket out? Again, how the heck do you get these bulbs out?!?!?!?!

just remove the clear plastic cover

Last edited by CarlssonLS400; 02-13-05 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-14-05, 03:08 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL....yah...getting them out was a biaaatch...but there is an easier way to do it.

Unplug and remove the whole housing from the wire socket. Then use a paperclip....straighten it out and PUSH the bulb out from behind. Thats it!!!

If the new LED bulb is loose....remove it and try bending the contact sensors with the tip of the paperclip.

Pete
Old 01-10-07, 11:41 AM
pardo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
LOL....yah...getting them out was a biaaatch...but there is an easier way to do it.

Unplug and remove the whole housing from the wire socket. Then use a paperclip....straighten it out and PUSH the bulb out from behind. Thats it!!!

If the new LED bulb is loose....remove it and try bending the contact sensors with the tip of the paperclip.

Pete
No kidding footwell bulbs is a biatch to remove.. I actually broke the passenger footwell bulb
Eventually I tried the paperclip way, its easy to do, and doesnt break anything. Thanks Pete!