GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Strange Problem...Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-05, 08:40 PM
CaMsGS3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Problem...Need Advice

Whats up guys -

Just need some quick advice before i bring to a dealer/mechanic

Some info first:
- I replaced my stock lexus battery in July 04 with a sears diehard gold (around $80 bucks)
- Put in my Audio System[carPC] in Dec 04 - this includes 12V line to the PC ("brains")
12V line to my 5CH AMP
- I also have a 12V line for my Philips HID Kit

So I have 3 lines coming out from my Postive terminal

Now to the problem....

About a week ago I noticed i was getting a little bit of a delay when starting my car, maybe like a second or soo. It was kinda like what i was getting when my lexus battery was dying back in July

So Friday night i pull into my driveway, takeout my keys and noticed that my steering wheel didnt raise up and go in - just stood in the same postion like i was driving
I get back in my car about an 1HR later, start her up and nothing - just was clicking and clicking, I tried a couple of times with no luck - during that time thought my Audio stuff was working - so the battery was giving out something....

I decide maybe a need a jump,so my friend give me a jump and she starts up fine, I notice I didnt get that delay anymore either - started right up, very quick- like it was a new battery

Didnt use the car for about 2 days cause off the big snow storm. Monday she started but with that little delay again was good until tonight

Tonight she started but it was a major delay and i had to give it some gas.. At first i thought it was dead again, but it strarted up, now the weird thing is that after i let in run a couple of min. and restarted her - there was no delay

What do you guys think........Stronger battery,starter,Alternater???
Old 01-27-05, 04:16 PM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

take it to the shop and have them check the alternator and the battery.

If both are good and your still having problems you will need to comb through your Audio wiring for grounds or leaks.
Old 01-27-05, 04:31 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might be the audio wiring
power might not be turning off
Old 01-27-05, 05:55 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you take it to a dealer I would check the audio system. Because I don't think the dealer will do that for you. And they my want to charge a lot of $$$$.
Old 01-27-05, 07:59 PM
CaMsGS3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your inputs guys....

what should i be checkin in the audio, I know for a fact that I get no power on my AMP and screen - they are all off when the car is off, the light on the AMP is off and the screen and PC are off, I cant even power them on without the car started

For the past 2 days I took out the Fuses that power the the AMP and PC/Screen, so all i have is the HIDs connected and Im still getting the problem - today seems like it just wont click over, BUT when i give it a little gas she starts up and if i shut off the car then start her right back up, she starts up like normal, then ill wait like an hour or so -start her up and get the same thing

Im thinking somehow the battery is not getting charged or something, im taking it to a shop this weekend to get the battery and alternator tested