GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

after a road trip, i need a new front bumper.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-05, 06:09 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after a road trip, i need a new front bumper.

all happened last saturday when the NE had its big snow storm. i had a road trip plan for florida, news reports it was going to be a really big storm. i left saturday morning at 5am.. didnt really hit any snow on the way down. as i was on the i95 south going throught va, there was a flipped car a little ahead of me. i was going about 60 and i lightly stepped on the brakes and it locked up on me.. i then tapped on the brakes again, only this time it spun my car outta control. ended up doing a 720 before going off the side of the interstate. ended up slamming into a tree. when i got out to take a look at the car, it was only a 3-4 inch crack across the bumper. there was 2 guys who pulled over to see if i was ok and they help me get my car out a ditch and back onto the road. the road was completely covered in ice. as i drove away and up a few more miles i noticed everyone was driving at like 15-20 mph. for the next 5-6 miles, there was at least 20 cars that also slid off the road.. so gratful that no1 got hurt and the damages could have been alot worse. so anyway i got back last night from florida.. a little off topic but 14 and a half hours from orlando to the holland tunnel with 3 gas stops along the way

so im getting a new front bumper and was wondering if i should shave the bumper lights and add the jdm aristo fender lights. yay or nay?
Old 01-31-05, 07:39 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ARISTO*7
all happened last saturday when the NE had its big snow storm. i had a road trip plan for florida, news reports it was going to be a really big storm. i left saturday morning at 5am.. didnt really hit any snow on the way down. as i was on the i95 south going throught va, there was a flipped car a little ahead of me. i was going about 60 and i lightly stepped on the brakes and it locked up on me.. i then tapped on the brakes again, only this time it spun my car outta control. ended up doing a 720 before going off the side of the interstate. ended up slamming into a tree. when i got out to take a look at the car, it was only a 3-4 inch crack across the bumper. there was 2 guys who pulled over to see if i was ok and they help me get my car out a ditch and back onto the road. the road was completely covered in ice. as i drove away and up a few more miles i noticed everyone was driving at like 15-20 mph. for the next 5-6 miles, there was at least 20 cars that also slid off the road.. so gratful that no1 got hurt and the damages could have been alot worse. so anyway i got back last night from florida.. a little off topic but 14 and a half hours from orlando to the holland tunnel with 3 gas stops along the way

so im getting a new front bumper and was wondering if i should shave the bumper lights and add the jdm aristo fender lights. yay or nay?
Sorry to hear about that and glad no one was hurt. Were you driving with an abs problem? If abs is working correctly, you should be able to SLAM on the brakes and there should be NO lockup. You may want to have your braking system looked at. Dosen't sound like your abs and vsc systems were working properly
Old 01-31-05, 08:04 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rheiy
Sorry to hear about that and glad no one was hurt. Were you driving with an abs problem? If abs is working correctly, you should be able to SLAM on the brakes and there should be NO lockup. You may want to have your braking system looked at. Dosen't sound like your abs and vsc systems were working properly
yea everything is working fine.. abs is usually fine.. when i spun out, the vsc light was blinking and the car starting beeping.
Old 01-31-05, 09:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh man sorry to hear about that, it must suck guess driving in the snow/ice is always tough....

maybe it's time to just get aftermarket bumper
Old 02-01-05, 06:34 AM
BigMoNYC
Lexus Test Driver

14 HOURS?!!! and 3 gas stops?!!! You must've been doing a gazillion on the way back
Old 02-01-05, 09:04 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
oh man sorry to hear about that, it must suck guess driving in the snow/ice is always tough....

maybe it's time to just get aftermarket bumper
i would go with an aftermarket bumper like the l-sportline but i already had a tte front lip sitting around
Old 02-01-05, 01:13 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BigMoNYC
14 HOURS?!!! and 3 gas stops?!!! You must've been doing a gazillion on the way back

word...and he doesn't even have the v8 mo....
Old 02-01-05, 01:32 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry to hear of the damages but glad no one got hurt.
Old 02-01-05, 04:28 PM
R1derfull
Driver

Yeah u was gettin mang! I believe it took me 14hrs to drive from Petersburg, VA to Daytona.
Old 02-02-05, 12:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ARISTO*7
i would go with an aftermarket bumper like the l-sportline but i already had a tte front lip sitting around
i think you can still sell the tte right now for a reasonable price

and lsportline, i wouldn't put bet on that right now, i don't think there are any left unless used