GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

need help to install ltuned sideskirt

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 06:05 PM
HDDuece
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished L-tuned sideskirts and grill. 5 minutes for the grill. Sideskirts a little harder, Broke everyone of the black fasteners along the bottom of sideskirts. I guess the older the car the more brittle they are and the easier they break., the new kit comes with new ones. One problem I had was getting the front two bottom clips to stay in. It seems as though the new sideskirt comes down too far and now the clips are too short. If anyone else had this problem let me know.
Old 02-02-05, 06:20 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDDuece
Just finished L-tuned sideskirts and grill. 5 minutes for the grill. Sideskirts a little harder, Broke everyone of the black fasteners along the bottom of sideskirts. I guess the older the car the more brittle they are and the easier they break., the new kit comes with new ones. One problem I had was getting the front two bottom clips to stay in. It seems as though the new sideskirt comes down too far and now the clips are too short. If anyone else had this problem let me know.
I had the same problem on the driver's side. I just left them out. I think the last 2 should have been about another 1/4" longer. Anyway, the skirt is very secure w/o the last two pins. btw, all the pins on the passenger side fit in just fine...go figure
Old 02-02-05, 06:24 PM
HDDuece
Driver

Yeah I think I will buy some about a 1/2'" longer. The ones that come with the kit just fall out in the front two holes.
Old 02-02-05, 06:29 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't have that problem at all
Old 02-02-05, 06:48 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

what is the kit supost to come with i had mine for about 2weeks and in my box was only 2 sideskirts....nothing else and the grill came seperate so what is suppost to be inclosed?

thx
Old 02-02-05, 06:51 PM
HDDuece
Driver

My grill and sideskirts came in one big box with the grill in its own box inside the big box. The clips were in the box with the grill.
Old 02-02-05, 06:58 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Alexus-Kia
what is the kit supost to come with i had mine for about 2weeks and in my box was only 2 sideskirts....nothing else and the grill came seperate so what is suppost to be inclosed?

thx
mine came with out the clips by accident and Darrell sent me a set as soon as I told him
Old 02-02-05, 07:02 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

naw my grill shipped seperate when i got the box i was looking Like wtf is my grill so i called darrell and he said it shipped seperate because alot of the grills get damaged when shipping in the big box BUT what got me about the whole situation was that it took a week for my kit (sideskirts) to reach me in CT, and if he shipped my kit out WHY didn't he ship the grill out the same day or even the NEXT day at the latest he waited until I CONTACTED hit b4 he sent the grill out which ment i had to wait another few days b4 i got the grill BUT it was only the grill in the box nothing else!!!

I have been holding this comment in since i received the kit BUT to me.......it seemed like he was trying to see WHAT i knew maybe cuz i was a female but i dunno, cuz when i called about the grill, he shipped it off that day i called and not when he shipped the sideskirts......which seemed a lil odd to me! Then he never email or called me back on like 2 different occasions......BUT i dunno i dont want to pass judgment on him, his service was so-so with me!!!

BUT ANYWAY, so what EXACTLY is suppost to be included so i can send him a email for the missing parts!! PLEASE list all parts!!

Thanks

Last edited by Alexus-Kia; 02-02-05 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-02-05, 07:23 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

naw my grill shipped seperate when i got the box i was looking Like wtf is my grill so i called darrell and he said it shipped seperate because alot of the grills get damaged when shipping in the big box BUT what got me about the whole situation was that it took a week for my kit (sideskirts) to reach me in CT, and if he shipped my kit out WHY didn't he ship the grill out the same day or even the NEXT day at the latest he waited until I CONTACTED hit b4 he sent the grill out which ment i had to wait another few days b4 i got the grill BUT it was only the grill in the box nothing else!!!

I have been holding this comment in since i received the kit BUT to me.......it seemed like he was trying to see WHAT i knew maybe cuz i was a female but i dunno, cuz when i called about the grill, he shipped it off that day i called and not when he shipped the sideskirts......which seemed a lil odd to me! Then he never email or called me back on like 2 different occasions......BUT i dunno i dont want to pass judgment on him, his service was so-so with me!!!

BUT ANYWAY, so what EXACTLY is suppost to be included so i can send him a email for the missing parts!! PLEASE list all parts!!

Thanks
The kit I received contained 2 side skirts and bag of clips in one box and the grill in another box.
There were no instructions included but that's ok...there are plenty of cl threads on how to install.
I got my kit from Darrell back in Nov. Side skirts first (with clips) Grill came about a week later. At the time I ordered from them, they were swamped. When I spoke with Darrell back in Nov, their shop was painting side skirts first in batches, then grills. Thus two separate shipments.
Old 02-02-05, 07:35 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

ok thanks!
i will contcat him and see whats up!!
Old 02-03-05, 04:15 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

i contacted him and he didnt write back, i will have to call him tomorrow!
Old 02-03-05, 04:18 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

i contacted him and he didnt write back, i will have to call him tomorrow!
Darrell can be hard to reach sometimes, but he is always easy and knowledgable to deal with. he'll make good for ya once you talk to him.

Last edited by chuckb; 02-03-05 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-03-05, 04:26 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

Will do tomorrow! Thanks
Old 02-03-05, 04:31 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Are you going to, or already installed your kit, Kia?
Old 02-03-05, 04:33 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Will do tomorrow! Thanks
When I had to get ahold of Darrell, I had better luck calling in the morning between 8 and 9 cst
If you get his voice mail, hang up and try again in 10-15 min intervals (assuming he's in of course)

Quick Reply: need help to install ltuned sideskirt