GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rim ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-01, 10:10 AM
Overtaxed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bobcat,

How about the Work Ryver X3?

Old 05-24-01, 10:50 AM
Bobcat
Pole Position

Overtaxed: that Work is pretty nice but I don't like the rivets (?) going all the way around.

Globe: So are you saying that if I showed up for a Lexus meet that you guys wouldn't be snickering and saying "Look, that jerk put Benz lookalike wheels on his car" ?

Old 05-24-01, 11:09 AM
Overtaxed
Driver

The Work Ryver Exe then:

Globe: Has Mercedes stolen the entire market for clean dish wheels? It doesn't seem to matter what wheel you talk about, as long as it's a simple dish design people here scream Mercedes.
Old 05-24-01, 11:26 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bobcat,

if you like the DAZZ Campus, i would highly recommend the OZ OPERA II. excellent co. and quality.
Old 05-24-01, 11:34 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Bobcat,

if you like the DAZZ Campus, i would highly recommend the OZ OPERA II. excellent co. and quality.
Old 05-24-01, 11:35 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

what is with the double post, i only pressed once...sorry
Old 05-24-01, 11:45 AM
Benny
Rookie

Default OZ opera II

Do they make an Opera II 18x8.5 5-114.3
Old 05-24-01, 12:08 PM
Overtaxed
Driver

Default OZ Opera II

Benny,

The Opera II is available in 18x8.5 but only as 5-112 (at least in Europe) so I'm having mine modified to 5-114.3

The offset is 48.
Old 05-24-01, 12:20 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

B,

call tirerack.com and find out.
1888-541-1777
Old 05-24-01, 03:38 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1sicklex - Knock-offs? DON'T DO IT MAN!!

Bobcat, sorry for the delayed response...I didn't come home last night so I had didn't have a chance to get online...

Anyways, $3500 is a good amount...you can get some nice rims for that price....

18x8.5 is good, but you may want to consider 18x9.5 in the rear. 9.5" is the "correct" rim width for a 275 tire...unless you plan on going 285 or larger...

Silver finish with a polished lip, good choice! My personal favorite combo.

Ok, let see now...the brands that GlobeCLK listed (Volk/Rays, Work, SSR, Advan, etc.) are all good...with a budget of $3500 or so, I would consider getting a more upper end rim.

What Lou Le recommend is also a very viable option...finding used rims for cheap...the only downfall is that you have a find a specific bolt pattern and offset...it may take a while to find the rims you like with the correct attributes...

The wheel that Miguel recommend, while a good wheel, it's something I would NOT put on a GS. It's far too sporty and I'm not really fond of the "flanged" center section. Reminds of American "muscle car" rims...or the recent Ford Mustang Bullitt edition GT (check out the photo below)

<continued on next post>
Attached Thumbnails Rim ideas.-82061.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 05-24-01 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-24-01, 04:18 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yeah, that kit on the Silver GS is a AutoCouture Version 1 kit...

Similiar to the kit I'm getting (the AutoCouture Version 2 kit) except that the V2 kit is a complete rear bumper (not an add-on like the V1 kit) and the sideskirts are a little different (looks more the Wald sideskirt...), but the front bumper is the same (and it's a whole bumper replacement, not a add-on although it looks like it...I though it was an add-on until I acutally saw one)

I should have the kit soon (any day now as the saying goes...)

Benz wheels and look a likes: The Dazz Camus looks way too much like Lorinsers...I'm not into Benz wheels or wheels like LOOK like Benz wheels (like the Opera, etc.) But that's just me...and GlobeCLK And Bobcat, OF COURSE GlobeCLK is going to snicker and say something like "Look at that fool with Benz wannabe rims on GS...what a complete moron! Jeez, friggin' idiot!"

Bobcat, what do you think about the Intensive Hunks (aka: Dazz Matiz)...

http://www.dazzmotorsports.com/graph...iz_wheel_2.jpg

Also, for the price you can get HRE's (discounted from Mo over at Swift Racing)...check out www.hrewheels.com and see if you like any of their designs.

Also check out www.fikse.com..they have quality forged multi-piece wheels with the bolts on the INSIDE so that you don't see them (I just caught the post about your not liking the bolts that much)

Bobcat, have you check out GT Autosports? They have a large selection of rim designs...

http://www.gtautosports.com/wheelint.htm

Check it out and see what you like...

Last edited by Manaray; 05-24-01 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-24-01, 04:30 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Manaray,

so the silver GS posted by Overtaxed is actually the auto cuture vi kit? no wonder i like it sooo much.

now if only the one of the members who is trying to get the group buy going on the body kit can get me a decent price...he is getting the evolution kit for the ls400 at less than $1k.... i hope it is true

william
Old 05-24-01, 07:34 PM
Bobcat
Pole Position

MANARAY:

Thanks a million for your comments. I like HRE a lot and Mo quoted some pretty good prices (I don't really like the wait time on them).

I look at GT every day because you can compare a lot of wheels at once. Very cool.

I did not know about Fiske......

THOSE RIMS ARE INCREDIBLE.

Now I'm excited about them. I'm surfing their site. Any idea how much they cost? I especially like the deep dish look on some of them.

Old 05-24-01, 07:40 PM
Bobcat
Pole Position

MANARAY:

Thanks a million for your comments. I like HRE a lot and Mo quoted some pretty good prices (I don't really like the wait time on them).

I look at GT every day because you can compare a lot of wheels at once. Very cool.

I did not know about Fiske......

THOSE RIMS ARE INCREDIBLE.

Now I'm excited about them. I'm surfing their site. Any idea how much they cost? I especially like the deep dish look on some of them.

Old 05-24-01, 07:47 PM
Bobcat
Pole Position

FIKSE Wheels ....

When you log into their site it shows an incredible wheel on the left of the main screen. But that wheel is not listed in their available wheels for sale? What's up with that?

USED WHEELS:

Mayerlen Motorsports has some good auctions on Ebay with new wheels. Other than that, there don't seem to be many decent wheels on Ebay. Are there any other reputable sites where people advertise used rims?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Rim ideas.