GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HELP-- How can I make my car more VIP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-05, 01:13 AM
Gs L-tune
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you have to copy other people? You can come up with something crazier than them. I don't get me wrong on those VIP car. Those are nice but you don't want them to say that you wanna be like them. Should make your car one and the only. Take some of their ideas but do it your way.
Old 02-08-05, 05:52 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

IMO you don't need wide body kits to be considered VIP styled.. There are mild to wild VIP. Ted you need to lower your nice car more.. I say 0 finger gap in the rear and 1 in the front is a good start..
Old 02-08-05, 05:55 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D-MAN63
IMO you don't need wide body kits to be considered VIP styled.. There are mild to wild VIP. Ted you need to lower your nice car more.. I say 0 finger gap in the rear and 1 in the front is a good start..
yeah you would Andy

now fix my car lol

Ted what exactly do you want your car to look like have any pics in mind
Old 02-08-05, 05:59 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
yeah you would Andy

now fix my car lol

Ted what exactly do you want your car to look like have any pics in mind

John, when are you going to reveal what you did yesterday?
Old 02-08-05, 07:24 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gs L-tune
Why do you have to copy other people? You can come up with something crazier than them. I don't get me wrong on those VIP car. Those are nice but you don't want them to say that you wanna be like them. Should make your car one and the only. Take some of their ideas but do it your way.

Uhh....he doesn't want to copy other people. He wants to look VIP. He never said he wants to look like you or me or whoever here on CL.

A VIP is a style - some sort of look that one has to take careful steps to achieve. It's a veeeeeeery fine line between looking VIP and looking like crap. And most of the time, a lot of people get that line too blurred.

A lot of people here are too scared to try new stuff, preferring to sticking to what's already done before. I think that kills creativity. While being VIP is exactly the opposite, it's always about pushing the limit, seeing how far you can stretch the tires, how wide can your fenders go, how low your car is to the ground, how you can do a complete face-lift that makes your car so unique unlike any other.

I really don't think it's just about adding a Fusa or throwing on a full JP/Anceltion/Aimgain kit and calling it a day. Hehehe....I can go on about this all day.
Old 02-08-05, 07:56 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with JTANOYO1, D-Man63, 00LexonDub, and TLW in what you have all said.

I probably should have thought this thru more but going real VIP like the D-MAN63 photos probably is not feasible forme as I want to limit my car expenditures for now and dropping the car even lower is not feasible b/c roads inthe Northeast suck.

I drive like a itty bitty grandma as it is, afraid as hell to damge my wheels or tires.

I used to have Tanabe springs and car was drooped over 2" and while it looked awesome , I couldn;t get over anything and always scrapped.

If I knew all this stuff fromt he start, I would have gone with Air Suspension or at least coilovers but I guess that ship has already set sail for me.

I just really love the look of the VIP cars, wild, classy, aggressive as hell.
Will do some litle stuff.

Agree with everyone that my car has more of late luxury performance sedan look and it will remain that way for the forseeable future.

I'd love to see a really well-done VIP Luxury sedan in person. Anyone on the east coast know of one or several?

Ted

Last edited by ted920; 02-08-05 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-08-05, 10:04 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Here are a few ideas which I have applied to my car which may help you. I do not have a kit because I don't want to have to raise the car.

Get a Junction Produce Fusa white tassle and a gold kitsuna rope.

Slam the hell out of the car and push out the rims from the fenders with spacers if needed.

Flare your fenders a lil bit and run a stretched tire. Add a roof spoiler and the JDM windvisors.

I recently ordered full replacement mb s class mirrors for my car and that is a must have in the VIP world today.
Old 02-08-05, 02:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ted920
I agree with JTANOYO1, D-Man63, 00LexonDub, and TLW in what you have all said.

I probably should have thought this thru more but going real VIP like the D-MAN63 photos probably is not feasible forme as I want to limit my car expenditures for now and dropping the car even lower is not feasible b/c roads inthe Northeast suck.

I drive like a itty bitty grandma as it is, afraid as hell to damge my wheels or tires.

I used to have Tanabe springs and car was drooped over 2" and while it looked awesome , I couldn;t get over anything and always scrapped.

If I knew all this stuff fromt he start, I would have gone with Air Suspension or at least coilovers but I guess that ship has already set sail for me.

I just really love the look of the VIP cars, wild, classy, aggressive as hell.
Will do some litle stuff.

Agree with everyone that my car has more of late luxury performance sedan look and it will remain that way for the forseeable future.

I'd love to see a really well-done VIP Luxury sedan in person. Anyone on the east coast know of one or several?

Ted
that's how i see my car too ted. i think it's a luxury sport sedan, and i try to make it more classy than sporty. i don't think i will really make it into the vip route in japan, they are too much and way too impractical for my taste. after all i still drive my car every day here, short or long trips
Old 02-09-05, 07:58 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Well, I am sorry to say this again, but you gotta pay to play.

Scraping, stretched tires, busted front lip are all just part of the game of being a true VIP.

We all talk the talk, but who actually walks the walk?

I mean if everyone just thinks that "hey, I gotta drive this thing everyday 100 miles to my office and back", then maybe you'd be better off just leave it stock as it is. Like my civic, it's pretty darn near stock and it has its own "joy" of driving.

Hey Henry, you got 3 cars bro. Keep the SC stock to satiate your metrosexual needs, turbo the IS for that track fun and midnight street racing, and then VIP'ed up the GS to turn some heads when you cruise! I think you have the best of ALL worlds! HEhehehe.
Old 02-09-05, 08:05 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i don't consider it copying to want to have your car more "VIP". its a style like jon said . so it comes down to what style do you want for your car. if you just slam your car thats not being VIP. i actually just think you should lower it for better looks not for the supposed "VIP" look. VIP has been around for a while now so its not a fad that will pass anytime soon. so get used to seeing more and more of it.
Old 02-09-05, 08:47 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

just put a really big VIP sticker on the hood... you will truly be VIP....
Old 02-09-05, 09:28 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
just put a really big VIP sticker on the hood... you will truly be VIP....
Huh? You are not making any sense, dude.
Old 02-09-05, 09:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
Hey Henry, you got 3 cars bro. Keep the SC stock to satiate your metrosexual needs, turbo the IS for that track fun and midnight street racing, and then VIP'ed up the GS to turn some heads when you cruise! I think you have the best of ALL worlds! HEhehehe.
well for the record the wife will never allow me to do that, coz' she wants wheels and lowering for the sc430 badly already

i guess we just need to drive all the cars everywhere all the time
Old 02-09-05, 10:26 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
Huh? You are not making any sense, dude.
i was trying to be sarcastic but i failed...
Old 02-09-05, 08:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
i was trying to be sarcastic but i failed...
hahaa, jon was being too serious, i found your post funny

Quick Reply: HELP-- How can I make my car more VIP?