GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HELP-- How can I make my car more VIP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-05, 09:05 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaa, jon was being too serious, i found your post funny
I still don't get the joke or sarcasm.....
Old 02-10-05, 09:49 AM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
I still don't get the joke or sarcasm.....

come on man, it IS funny

VIP uses air suspension because Japs don't need to drive 100 miles everyday (see, they use the car on an occational basis - 100 miles a month maybe ). But here is the US, if you get air suspension, then you are looking at to change the tires every 1/2 years, roll up, that's a BIG $$$, but I know, TED, you got tire sponsorship already, so go for VIP
Old 02-10-05, 07:42 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

How do you know they drive their cars only 100 miles / month? Most Japanese VIP websites I see, those guys are real huge on the mpg that they get on their cars. Heck, they even post excel spreadsheets of how much gas they are using per day. Do you know SOARISTO? His car has over 150,000 miles on the odometer!!! I mean even some of their cruises go for hundreds of miles into the mountains for photoshoots and meets. I am not sure exactly where you are getting the 100mile/month number. The reason why people get air is so that they can raise and lower the car whenever/wherever they want - to make their cars more "drivable" so to speak.

Ok, maybe I drive even less than that on my Aristo, but we are not talking abt me now, aren't we? HEhehe.
Old 02-11-05, 02:00 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

DXC:

thanks for the info.

I am thinking about it.

Need to decide.

I'll be in touch about what we talked about.

Ted
Old 02-11-05, 02:02 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been thinkling about air suspension... but i dont derrive my car 100 miles a day maybe on the aver 25 mil;es a day.. prlly less than that . like 15-20 a day....
Old 02-11-05, 02:54 PM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 00lexondub
i have been thinkling about air suspension... but i dont derrive my car 100 miles a day maybe on the aver 25 mil;es a day.. prlly less than that . like 15-20 a day....

you will lose alignment when use air suspension, which means 1/2 life for your tire unless your car is not a daily driving machine
Old 02-11-05, 03:40 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DXC
you will lose alignment when use air suspension, which means 1/2 life for your tire unless your car is not a daily driving machine
When I had my air suspension on my car I didn't notice my tires wearing down anymore then they do now and I drive my car everyday..And depending on the components that are used , such as number of valves or the size of the air lines , the ride is actually very comfy..
Old 02-11-05, 03:50 PM
daleer
Pole Position

I wanted to do the chrome handles on my car - but was unable to find any Chrome trunkbar possibly to - but definately not the stick-on.
Old 02-11-05, 04:03 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by daleer
I wanted to do the chrome handles on my car - but was unable to find any Chrome trunkbar possibly to - but definately not the stick-on.
Did you say chrome trunk bar???

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150785
Old 02-12-05, 01:09 AM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Respecting those guys who do know the most about vip and the great info included-

Those things chrome trunk bars, window wisors, and fusas- even though they are

stereotypes of what it is to be vip, and get one is an easy way to look vip- if it makes

you happy then so what . It's being taken a bit too far if there are all these rules

to follow in order to do something which is for your enjoyment . That is exclusive,

expensive but also a little negotiable, correct? Someone can consider themselves a

vip even though they don't change fenders and what not? As long as you are well

enough informed- then do whatever you like. You seemed that you really want to do it

and that's what matters. In other words I hope you didn't completely change your

mind because you think of it as too much work

Last edited by Lex_Fnatic; 02-12-05 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-12-05, 02:05 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Your car looks very nice the way it is.......... you dont have to do anything to your car to make it VIP. I should know Im around these folks all the time. There is NO such thing as what it should or shouldnt have. Mild to wild......... do what is best for YOUR style.

Id take your car in my VIP club just as it is...............

Jon he DOESNT need streched tires and he DOESNT need to spend $$$$$$$$. Just because you spent alot doest mean everyone one else has tooooooo.

Chrome handles - trunk bar - windvisors is NOT for everyone. If this is what you like then cool add something new to your ride if NOT then its okay.

I hear this all the time well so - n- so told me I need to have this to be VIP. My friends in my club and I just laugh. try something NEW and if folks like it they will copy it never know someone might just say its a must to have what you came up with a yr from now.

Windvisors NO one liked 2 yrs ago now look everyone wants one...........
Old 02-12-05, 02:35 AM
flossn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
A lot of people here are too scared to try new stuff, preferring to sticking to what's already done before. I think that kills creativity.
Amen!!

Everyone is so fast to rip someone for putting stuff on their car that isn't the norm or what everyone else on here would deem acceptable for a lexus. I will just leave it at that!

Last edited by flossn; 02-12-05 at 04:20 AM.
Old 02-12-05, 08:12 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by {-.-}

There you go. You just got a stamp of approval from the man himself.
Old 02-15-05, 09:22 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by {-.-}
Your car looks very nice the way it is.......... you dont have to do anything to your car to make it VIP. I should know Im around these folks all the time. There is NO such thing as what it should or shouldnt have. Mild to wild......... do what is best for YOUR style.

Jon he DOESNT need streched tires and he DOESNT need to spend $$$$$$$$. Just because you spent alot doest mean everyone one else has tooooooo.

Chrome handles - trunk bar - windvisors is NOT for everyone. If this is what you like then cool add something new to your ride if NOT then its okay.

I hear this all the time well so - n- so told me I need to have this to be VIP. My friends in my club and I just laugh. try something NEW and if folks like it they will copy it never know someone might just say its a must to have what you came up with a yr from now.

Windvisors NO one liked 2 yrs ago now look everyone wants one...........

Thanks so much for the compliments, I appreciate it.

Ted