GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Borla vs. L-Tuned

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-01 | 11:19 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

I'm in the market for an exhaust system and was looking to get either one of these, Borla or L-Tuned. I'm a little behind since all the Team Lexstacy members are running an exhaust system and I'm not.

I heard the Borlas on a GS3 and LOVED the low rumble. Will it sound different on a GS4? It was nice sounding, not too loud and not to obtrusive. My question is more about the L-Tuned. I like the look on the stock bumper of the L-Tuned, but I don't know what it sounds like. Does it sound like the Borlas? Louder or quieter or the same?? Is it a lower, deeper sound or higher pitched?? I don't wanna go any quieter than the Borlas, so something that is equal or a tad bit louder would be great!!

Thanks for any input guys.....
Old 05-23-01 | 11:46 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

justin,

congrats on the ecu, i was at the meet too.

i personally prefer the borlas because they sounded almost identical, IMO. especially after i heard them both at the meet.

i want steve to have my business, but the l-tunes' price is a bit high compare to the borlas.
Old 05-23-01 | 11:54 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

from what Ive read the L-tuned is a little quiter than the Borla not too big of a diffrence I have the Borla S/S on my GS400 and it sounds awsome I love it not too loud and not too quite just right. The fit on them are amazing on the stock bumper I would highly recommend them for there price and since you want the louder one the borla is the way to go
Old 05-24-01 | 12:17 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

I agree with you guys about the Borlas. They are very nice and sound really good. However, we already have 1 Proud Borla Owner is our Team Lexstacy crew and I thought maybe it would be nice to have a different kind. That's why I asked!! So far we have L-Sportline, RMM, Greddy, Borla, and me stock I might go with the Borlas just cuz I like them but I wanted some impressions on the L-Tuned. Thanks for your posts tho!!

Biggie,
Do you still want some stickers?? You can hold down the Seattle Section of TL!! Let me know....

LexDriver19@aol.com

Old 05-24-01 | 12:34 AM
TOPSPEED
Rookie

Default How about the Prices?

So, How much are those exhaust cost? That includes Borla, L-Tuned($676?), or L-sportline. My GS 400 just got rear ended, I am thinking about put a new exhaust at the shop. How about the sound of these exhausts? Just how much louder are they?

Thanks
Old 05-24-01 | 09:24 AM
RacingAristo

Borla S/S costs yah around $410.
Old 05-24-01 | 11:18 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

topspeed,

i heard the borlas and l-tunes side-by-side last weekend. they are not loud, but have deep rumble sound a low rpm.
Old 05-24-01 | 04:21 PM
RacingAristo

Thumbs up

Borla S/S for the look, price, and the sound.
Old 05-24-01 | 04:47 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gs4will
topspeed,

i heard the borlas and l-tunes side-by-side last weekend. they are not loud, but have deep rumble sound a low rpm.
Will,

What did you think of the Greddy PE compared to those to?

Brent
Old 05-24-01 | 04:54 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

good day, brent

the greddys are actually not as loud as i thought, after i heard them on your car.

but peronally, i like the tip finish on the borlas/l-tunes a little more. the PEs tips are also a bit hugh, imho. however, consider the price you paid for yours, i would smile, punch the gas pedal, and dust off those punks with wannabe ricers.....i see too many of them in san gabriel valley...they all think they could fly...NOT
Old 05-24-01 | 08:43 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Not trying to ruin anyone's party but....does anyone know the difference between mufflers made by Borla,
L-Tuned & RMM?????

(Insert Jeopardy music here)...."da.da.da.da....da.da.da......da.da.da.da.da...da.da.da.da.da....."

Clue: You're probably on the "TIP" of the iceburg!
Old 05-24-01 | 10:25 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gs4will
good day, brent

the greddys are actually not as loud as i thought, after i heard them on your car.

but peronally, i like the tip finish on the borlas/l-tunes a little more. the PEs tips are also a bit hugh, imho. however, consider the price you paid for yours, i would smile, punch the gas pedal, and dust off those punks with wannabe ricers.....i see too many of them in san gabriel valley...they all think they could fly...NOT
Hi Will,

Yeah, the tips are actually quite huge...I am actually downsizing them to 3.5 inches with a flat vertical cut...
Old 05-25-01 | 12:33 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

LEXLYF,

So the only difference between the L-Tuned, Borla, and RMM exhausts are the tips?? You mean the mufflers are all the same? size? shape? everything??

So I'm guessing they all sound almost identical to eachother right?!?!?
Old 05-26-01 | 09:22 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Give that man a prize!!!!!!!!! Let's just say that Borla appreciates moving the extra muffler inventory.
Old 05-26-01 | 10:17 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

lexlyf: Well most everyone here has said it but I didn't realize the tips could make the Borla that much louder

Peter (Happy with my L-tuned version of the mufflers)

Quick Reply: Borla vs. L-Tuned