GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Where are all the snow covered car pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 04:29 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Snow and Ice

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaha ivan, guess i can never catch up on all these snow/icy stuff you guys know too much
Hey Henry
With the way the winter is going in California, I would think you would be seeing Polar Bears by now.

Ivan
3dog
Old 02-21-05, 11:31 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMoNYC
Alright, with the way the snow is coming down tonight, i think we should have new pics on here by tomorrow.... thats not a good thing
I had about 3" on top of my cars this morning. It's the HEAVY wet snow. It's beginning to melt now......so I guess move your cars off the street....or else be prepared for dirt & salt to be all over it.

For those who say "Your Lexus deserves a garage". I agree 110%!!!!! However, that's not always possible. My house doesn't have a garage. I can't afford a house with a garage. So, the street/driveway is all I got.

And before someone says "well, maybe you should not buy a Lexus if you can't afford a house with a garage". Let me ask you this.....what is the FMV of YOUR house with a garage? I'm just curious......because I can sell my house (only 1,500 sq ft that was built in 1901) for A LOT more than what it cost to BUILD A BRAND SMACKING NEW HOUSE THREE TIMES ITS SIZE in over 90% of the country.

So for those who are thinking "don't buy a Lexus if you can't afford a garage", just amuse me.....how much does your house cost. Oh, and my comments are not toward those who live in NYC, Cali, HI, and other large metropolitan areas.
Old 02-21-05, 12:36 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cadd
I had about 3" on top of my cars this morning. It's the HEAVY wet snow. It's beginning to melt now......so I guess move your cars off the street....or else be prepared for dirt & salt to be all over it.

For those who say "Your Lexus deserves a garage". I agree 110%!!!!! However, that's not always possible. My house doesn't have a garage. I can't afford a house with a garage. So, the street/driveway is all I got.

And before someone says "well, maybe you should not buy a Lexus if you can't afford a house with a garage". Let me ask you this.....what is the FMV of YOUR house with a garage? I'm just curious......because I can sell my house (only 1,500 sq ft that was built in 1901) for A LOT more than what it cost to BUILD A BRAND SMACKING NEW HOUSE THREE TIMES ITS SIZE in over 90% of the country.

So for those who are thinking "don't buy a Lexus if you can't afford a garage", just amuse me.....how much does your house cost. Oh, and my comments are not toward those who live in NYC, Cali, HI, and other large metropolitan areas.

Sounds like someone is just a bit miffed that they don't have a house with a garage.

and yes my house has a garage and is in queens, worth $700k street price before you ask
Old 02-21-05, 12:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 3dog
Hey Henry
With the way the winter is going in California, I would think you would be seeing Polar Bears by now.

Ivan
3dog
if you talk about the rain then yes it's been very hectic.... but snow, nah, it's still going to be something new to me
Old 02-21-05, 12:54 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
and yes my house has a garage and is in queens, worth $700k street price before you ask
Hehe, how big is your house? My house is only 20x30 (well both levels are 20x30). And it has a street value of $700k as well (with no garage).

Fortunately, I live in an area full of a certain ethnic group that LOVES to stick together. These guys are RICH!

Let's refer to this ethnic group as "X". Mo knows what I'm talking about since he's somewhat within the same area and he's been to my place before.

Anyway, we get an annual valuation (appraisal). The City appraised it to be $450k.

But what the City doesn't know is the "X" factor. The "X" factor adds about $250k to the price of the house. These "X" will give you $200k+ above FMV just because they love sticking together.

Here's why I think these "X" are filthy rich. They buy a house at $700k (the lot is only 20x100). Then they get a demolition crew and take the ENTIRE PLACE DOWN. Then they hire a contractor to BUILD a BRAND NEW HOUSE on the lot (so that it conforms to the "X" religion). Well, I'm not too sure if it's a religious thing, but every time they ("X") buy houses, they seem to tear it down completely and build a brand new one.....so I'm just assuming it's some religious thing.

These "X" have been trying to get me out of the neighborhood. They've come knocking on the door and offer $$$$$ (CASH) for the house.

Well, if it were up to me, I'll sell and I'll buy a nice house with a TWO car garage in NJ. But it's up to my parents. So, oh well.

Last edited by Cadd; 02-21-05 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-21-05, 12:56 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
Sounds like someone is just a bit miffed that they don't have a house with a garage.
And yes! It is true! It sucks not to have a garage!!!!!! But I have something up my sleeves. I'll make my own this spring (although it may not be legal). But the City has too much crap to worry about.....the last thing they'll look at is my home-made garage.
Old 02-21-05, 12:59 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Hehe, how big is your house? My house is only 20x30 (well both levels are 20x30). And it has a street value of $700k as well (with no garage).

Fortuneately, I live in an area full of a certain ethnic group that LOVES to stick together. These guys are RICH!

Let's refer to this ethnic group as "X". Mo knows what I'm talking about since he's somewhat within the same area and he's been to my place before.

Anyway, we get an annual valuation (appraisal). The City appraised it to be $450k.

But what the City doesn't know is the "X" factor. The "X" factor adds about $250k to the price of the house. These "X" will give you $200k+ above FMV just because they love sticking together.

Here's why I think these "X" are filthy rich. They buy a house at $700k (the lot is only 20x100). Then they get a demolition crew and take the ENTIRE PLACE DOWN. Then they hire a contractor to BUILD a BRAND NEW HOUSE on the lot (so that it conforms to the "X" religion). Well, I'm not too sure if it's a religious thing, but every time they ("X") buy houses, they seem to tear it down completely and build a brand new one.....so I'm just assuming it's some religious thing.

These "X" have been trying to get me out of the neighborhood. They've come knocking on the door and offer $$$$$ (CASH) for the house.

Well, if it were up to me, I'll sell and I'll buy a nice house with a TWO car garage in NJ. But it's up to my parents. So, oh well.
I am aware of where you live (I know Mo personally) and yes I know NYC housing prices are nuts for the little that you get in the **** poor neighborhoods that you get it in.

Just be glad you don't live in Hunts Point
Old 02-21-05, 01:00 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

And yes! It is true! It sucks not to have a garage!!!!!! But I have something up my sleeves. I'll make my own this spring (although it may not be legal). But the City has too much crap to worry about.....the last thing they'll look at is my home-made garage.

how are you gonna fit your car in it after you build it?

Your home is like practically on top of your neighbors
Old 02-21-05, 02:31 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

what's left of our (hopefully) last snowfall:

BTW for Cadd (peep the garage-don't it make you just jealous)
Old 02-21-05, 02:41 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Dude, you have a real nice house. Looks pretty wide for a NYC home. I bet it's like 30ft wide huh? Plus, is that driveway yours also (to the right)?

I gotta get a garage!

BTW, I don't think this is our last snow storm. I think there will be another dumping by Thursday.
Old 02-21-05, 02:52 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Dude, you have a real nice house. Looks pretty wide for a NYC home. I bet it's like 30ft wide huh? Plus, is that driveway yours also (to the right)?

I gotta get a garage!

BTW, I don't think this is our last snow storm. I think there will be another dumping by Thursday.

negative...driveway to the right is neighbors.....I got a full backyard instead of the garage on the side

oh well...thanx for the compliments..... and the house is just around 2000 sq ft I think