GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rained in my car! (5 weeks and im already screwing things up)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-05, 11:14 AM
BlazenHazn
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rained in my car! (5 weeks and im already screwing things up)

Yes, i am a moron.. save it people.. I just wasn't thinking when i got off work last night; i was going to go back out in a minute but i end up falling asleep. I go out there this morning and my seats are SOAKED! I've wiped the water away and tried soaking up the rest up with bath towels, but there is some discoloration in the upper half of the seat and it still feels damp on the parts that look discolored.

GRR maybe i am just not fit for owning such a nice car... either that or i need to sleep more. Is my interior ruined and permanantly discolored or is there something i can do??
Old 02-09-05, 11:31 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

i hope u didnt drive ur car yet... u should let the leather fully dry before u do that... the discoloration is probally due to the dampness or due to ur leather not being cleaned in a long time.

so just let it dry and see how it turns out.. BTW i left my sunroof opened numerous times but im fortunate enough to park in the garage all the times i did so
Old 02-09-05, 11:41 AM
BlazenHazn
Rookie

Gah! i wish we could have a garage.. I did let it dry and the discoloration went away. I am in class right now and i did drive it here, but the discoloration was gone before i started driving. Anyone else ever done this? Is there something else i should do aside from just letting it dry up?
Old 02-09-05, 11:44 AM
lex400pshR
Driver

I think it should go away... because I had my windows opened in the rain and car parked.. I got the same discoloration and when it dried up it went away...

Plus I used leather cleaner and protectant.... Good luck ... I'm sure U'll be fine... or take it to detailing place and see what they can do...
Old 02-09-05, 11:49 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we all make mistakes- don't be so harsh on yourself.

Originally Posted by BlazenHazn
Yes, i am a moron.. save it people.. I just wasn't thinking when i got off work last night; i was going to go back out in a minute but i end up falling asleep. I go out there this morning and my seats are SOAKED! I've wiped the water away and tried soaking up the rest up with bath towels, but there is some discoloration in the upper half of the seat and it still feels damp on the parts that look discolored.

GRR maybe i am just not fit for owning such a nice car... either that or i need to sleep more. Is my interior ruined and permanantly discolored or is there something i can do??
Old 02-09-05, 12:00 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well, it sux, and we all make mistakes. what you should do, if and ONLY IF its not gonna rain , leave your windows open so all the moisture in the carpet can dry. if you leave your windows closed and the water doesnt dry, ur car will smell nasty. personally, i would take it to get professionally detailed so they can use a dry vac to get ALL the water out (and make sure you tell them that). or if you can get your hands on one, do it your self. also, a little leather cleaner and conditioner treatment wouldnt help... good luck tho
Old 02-09-05, 12:38 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

you stipud MORON.. dont leave your sunroof open and this wouldnt happen to YOU..

LOL... j/k bro i did the same thing when i had my old GS3... i was so pissed the next day when icame out and sat in it.. (i didnt evn reliaze i left it open till my butt was wet)... lol.. oh well we all got to learn.. \
BUT if you want you can get ALL new leather through the grioup buy for a super cheap PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-05, 01:04 PM
BlazenHazn
Rookie

Originally Posted by cliffud
we all make mistakes- don't be so harsh on yourself.
Ahh it was mostly sarcasm..

Thanks for all your help guys! i dont think i need to use a dry vac, it really didn't get on the carpets that much.. just a whole lot on the seats and the armrest was (is still) drenched. The dicoloration was just moisture and its dried now to its origional state. I'll leave the sunroof tilted for the evening and I'll clean/treat the leather on fri when i get PAID (haha). i certainly need to be more careful, i'm just glad im not the only one. Thanks again!
Old 02-09-05, 03:35 PM
LsportGS4
Lexus Test Driver

I did it once also. and it smelt horrible for a while.
Old 02-09-05, 04:49 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

couldve been worse...someone couldve got into you car and stole it (if that's any consolation)?
Old 02-09-05, 05:44 PM
GsUnit
Rookie

yeah that happend to me but not because i left my moonroof open, I had a crack on my windshild and some water got in and dicolored my leather too. I was pissed off, but in the few days that went by my car went back to normal. of course i had to replace the windshild.
Old 02-09-05, 06:29 PM
BlazenHazn
Rookie

Originally Posted by jmjs23
couldve been worse...someone couldve got into you car and stole it (if that's any consolation)?
haha, my girlfriend goes, "hey, at least a cat didn't jump through your sunroof and pee in your car... that smell would NEVER get out!"
Old 02-09-05, 06:47 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

I'll see your car tonight in about an hour ... man ... that sucks

Hope we can get everything all nice and dry!
Old 02-09-05, 08:13 PM
BlazenHazn
Rookie

Originally Posted by brendanlim
I'll see your car tonight in about an hour ... man ... that sucks

Hope we can get everything all nice and dry!
Yea, riding in your car was depressing, the seats were all DRY and slippery. then i get back in my car and my armrest is like "squish!"
Old 02-09-05, 08:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh man that really sux.... i think the seat and leather are gone.....

maybe you should just jump on the leatherseat gb going on

Quick Reply: Rained in my car! (5 weeks and im already screwing things up)