GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

who's running Greddy Emanage

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-05, 02:41 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default who's running Greddy Emanage

making moves and trying to get my ducks in a row

anyone have this setup

also valve body upgrade ..any info on this(found info but want to know the benefits from people that have done this)

ive searched but havent come up with a good answer yet

mods if you could leave this here for a little
Old 02-18-05, 02:42 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

whoops meant Greddy
Old 02-18-05, 03:50 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Johnny, give me a call tomorrow and I can give you some opinions on both questions.
Old 02-18-05, 04:16 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

thanks Jeff

you awesome CL member you
Old 02-18-05, 05:22 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edited your title...
Old 02-18-05, 05:53 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

What I heard from the Supra vvti guys in the UK is that the E-Manage won't really work with the vvti unit since the vvti will constantly adjust itself to cancel out any sort of timing adjustment that you have dialed in over time.

Most people with big hp supra vvtis in the UK and australia end up removing the E-Manage and going with the MAP ECU made by Titan Motorsports because it's designed to work with the vvti.

Another option is to use the AEM, but you might have to make your own custom harnesses because I am not if they've made anything for the GS yet. (I doubt it)

There's another option which is to go with the HKS F-CON SZ or F-CON V Pro (which is the bigger badder mother of the two), but the bad thing about it is that you can only get it installed and tuned by an authorized HKS tuner and you can't fiddle with the setting. So if you got screwed somewhere in the middle of the road, NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE can fix it except the dude who installed it in the first place.

The last choice, which I am going with, is the Motec unit. The one that does vvti tuning is about USD5000. I am going with it because this unit is infinitely expandable, as much as your tuner is capable of tuning. I am going to install this first and max out the tuning on my stock twins, and then when I go single, I will just retune, along with all the upgraded fuel system (bigger injectors, higher flow fuel pump, etc).

I hope this helps.
Old 02-18-05, 09:25 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
What I heard from the Supra vvti guys in the UK is that the E-Manage won't really work with the vvti unit since the vvti will constantly adjust itself to cancel out any sort of timing adjustment that you have dialed in over time.

Most people with big hp supra vvtis in the UK and australia end up removing the E-Manage and going with the MAP ECU made by Titan Motorsports because it's designed to work with the vvti.

Another option is to use the AEM, but you might have to make your own custom harnesses because I am not if they've made anything for the GS yet. (I doubt it)

There's another option which is to go with the HKS F-CON SZ or F-CON V Pro (which is the bigger badder mother of the two), but the bad thing about it is that you can only get it installed and tuned by an authorized HKS tuner and you can't fiddle with the setting. So if you got screwed somewhere in the middle of the road, NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE can fix it except the dude who installed it in the first place.

The last choice, which I am going with, is the Motec unit. The one that does vvti tuning is about USD5000. I am going with it because this unit is infinitely expandable, as much as your tuner is capable of tuning. I am going to install this first and max out the tuning on my stock twins, and then when I go single, I will just retune, along with all the upgraded fuel system (bigger injectors, higher flow fuel pump, etc).

I hope this helps.
Somehow, I doubt saying he should get the $5K one made him very happy...

Old 02-19-05, 06:45 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Which Motec unit works with the VVTI?
Old 02-19-05, 08:23 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CinFulxGS4
Somehow, I doubt saying he should get the $5K one made him very happy...

It's like you know me

i found a great tuner in Nj

ill pick his brain

but thanks jon for the reply
Old 02-19-05, 11:03 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Which Motec unit works with the VVTI?
The Motec M800 would. I think it's the big dog from Motec and you, my friend, would do good to use one with the kind of craziness you are investing into your car.
Old 02-20-05, 08:05 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I wouldnt so much mind about spending the cash on the Motec, for me it would be the issue of getting it tuned properly. I was going to run the Haltech E11, but like most other ECU's out there, it wouldnt be full stand alone, it has to piggy back to a degree due to the VVTI.

Hmmmmm, Motec!!
Old 02-20-05, 08:30 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

im making an assumption but i realize the title is asking who is running emanage so he maybe exploring increased HP. but if johnny decides to use the RMM system as it was intended (excuse me bro if you arent) does he necessarily need the emanage? curious...
Old 02-20-05, 08:41 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

well at first i might just to see what it is like

but if i know myself .....im going to want to change pulleys and thats where the Emanage is

going to come in Handy
Old 02-21-05, 04:01 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
I wouldnt so much mind about spending the cash on the Motec, for me it would be the issue of getting it tuned properly. I was going to run the Haltech E11, but like most other ECU's out there, it wouldnt be full stand alone, it has to piggy back to a degree due to the VVTI.

Hmmmmm, Motec!!
The Autronic SM4 will also control your vvti. That ECU is huge with the Evo and Subie rally crowd in australia.

Another thing you can do is to run the HKS Valcon unit along with the 264 intake cam but that's another $1000ish, and only tunes your cam timing.
Old 02-21-05, 10:42 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Pectel also makes a system that can control the vvti.
Won't be much cheaper then the motec though.

Quick Reply: who's running Greddy Emanage