GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Valet Parking incident

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-05, 01:36 PM
JoeGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no i didnt get to park my own car. i had to hand my keys over. it was like letting someone walk away with my child [if i had one.]
Old 02-19-05, 01:47 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by LextacyGS4
go to the restaurant and talk to the manager/owner if the valet company refuses to pay. Tell them that you and your friends frequent the restaurant and that not how they should conduct busienss, you know. If you still get brushed off, make a scene, start by yelling and slowly progress to throwing thing on the floor in front of other customers, menus, matches, and please dont hit anyone with what you throw, yu dont want to get arrested now. Just throw it down on the floor and get loud, ive seen it workk
Lextacy took the words right out of my mouth. A valet damaged my 93 300zx a few years back. The car was perfect, and I had washed it the day of, so the next morning when I noticed a crease in the left rear quarter, I knew it had to be the valet that did it. I pressed the issue with the valet company, and they claimed that because I didn't notice the damage until the following day they weren't responsible (the truth is that they wouldn't have accepted responsibility even if I had pointed it out to them right then and there). Anyway, I went straight to the restaurant, the Pump Room in Chicago, and explained the situation. As it happens, the Pump Room is owned by Lettuce Entertain You restaurants, a fairly large restaurant company in Chicago that owns many other mid and upscale restaurants. I had my money the next day. In situations like these, if handled correctly, the restaurant can apply much more pressure to the valet than you can. Remember, the restaurant wants to keep its customers happy, and the valet company wants to keep the restaurant happy. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

e-man
Old 02-19-05, 01:52 PM
the hustler07
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO NOT go through your insurance company just for some fog lights, replace them yourself or if you can have the valet place give you money, do that. Don't file a claim on just foglights, unless.....you could make both headlights, taillights, and fog lights disappear now that will be a nice check
Old 02-19-05, 03:54 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude that blows! Dont waste your time with the insurance company, get the parking company to pay up. As others have said use the restaurant for leverage.

Joe300...I do that key, wallet, phone thing too
Old 02-19-05, 04:10 PM
bvance
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

i was quoted $300 a piece for the fog light housings from the local Lexus dealership in Houston. Housings only, no wiring, no bulbs. It's a shame you can't trust people you don't know these days. At least they didn't take the whole car.
Old 02-19-05, 04:56 PM
HKS_GS430
Pole Position

if u slip the valet or parking attendent some $$$$$ they will always let u park your own car and keep the keys,and most time they let u park rite in front where the employees park. that way they keep an eye on it.. there are alot of car thiefs in boston and i always valet, always cheaper then coming back to a broken window or a wing that they ripped off, valet company are always responsible fro damages, they even paid my boy for a damaged rim which they curbed, you have to be firm when dealing with the company.. good luck
Old 02-19-05, 06:22 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

damn...sorry to hear about that man I hope you can get your money back.
Old 02-19-05, 06:26 PM
NesTea420
Pole Position

BTW-kinda sounds like an inside job[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought also...
Old 02-19-05, 06:31 PM
NesTea420
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yoshi
Don't worry dude, foglights are for wimps.

I removed mine so I could get more air-flow to the intercooler, easily replaced with some mesh.

See pics :

http://www.lexusvertex.com/aristo/V3..._trackside.jpg

Good idea...i am not worried about the fogs...i am just mad that someone actually did this. I usually have my DVD player and screens in also but I took them off, I am glad I did. I would be dealing with broken windows if I did have them in.
Old 02-20-05, 07:20 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a valet story my self

at my best friends wedding rehearsal dinner

the valet took his brother-in-laws keys and dropped them in another car by accident

well they spent half the nite looking ....apoligized up and down about how sorry they were

Now the guy is from Boston and didnt have a spare set .....he had to call his parents and have them

and fed-ex the spares down ...the valet said tey would pay for a rental and for the fedex

they were going thru garbages and everything

they ended finding the keys in another family members car
Old 02-20-05, 08:21 PM
NesTea420
Pole Position

To complete my story...today, I found the screws and pieces of the wire behind my house where I park my car...so it was stolen from behind my house by someone who knows my car and the area.

I am not going to presue after the valet eventhough I can have them pay for my lights.
Old 02-20-05, 08:56 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's a bummer bro-bad news got worse at least they didn't jack anything else. time to get motion sensor lights.
Old 02-20-05, 11:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NesTea420
To complete my story...today, I found the screws and pieces of the wire behind my house where I park my car...so it was stolen from behind my house by someone who knows my car and the area.

I am not going to presue after the valet eventhough I can have them pay for my lights.
well at least you figured it's not the valet who did the job.... sorry to hear that happening though, sux...

but it's kinda dumb for someone to CUT the wires, when they just need to unplug it?! or they need the connectors that badly as well?

Old 02-21-05, 12:42 PM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

i dunno... you might be ****** out of luck... i had a friend that worked at a valet company... and what she said was that once they put on the uniform, they werent responsible for anything. i've heard of some shady stuff going on.... they messed up a mercedes S class.. and fixed it before the owner came back and didnt tell him a thing.. but.. with all the disclaimers, technically they could probably get away with it. the difference is if you can cause enough of a scene to get the restaurant that hired them, or the parent company to pay for it in order to save their reputation. i pretty much never valet cuz i dont trust them. valet is always a last resort for when there is no parking and you're running late.
Old 02-21-05, 01:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynasty SC
i dunno... you might be ****** out of luck... i had a friend that worked at a valet company... and what she said was that once they put on the uniform, they werent responsible for anything. i've heard of some shady stuff going on.... they messed up a mercedes S class.. and fixed it before the owner came back and didnt tell him a thing.. but.. with all the disclaimers, technically they could probably get away with it. the difference is if you can cause enough of a scene to get the restaurant that hired them, or the parent company to pay for it in order to save their reputation. i pretty much never valet cuz i dont trust them. valet is always a last resort for when there is no parking and you're running late.
yup that's true, coz' if you look at any of the valet ticket, it has the liability statement and basically said that they aren't liable for any damage.... sux if you ask me....

Quick Reply: Valet Parking incident