GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Valet Parking incident

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-05, 07:51 AM
NesTea420
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valet Parking incident

Last night I was for dinner with my girl-I gave my car for valet park...turned around and took a good look at my car as I was getting into the resturant. Everything looked fine...after dinner, I came and gave the attendent the ticket and he returned my car and I noticed that my fog lights were missing...the wiring was cutt off and both of my lights were stolen. I called the cops and a report was taken. The parking lot manager said the lights can not be taken off without lifting the car and all this other BS. I said it was unscrewd from the front and the wiring were cut off...i am hoping they'll fix it or give me the $$ to fix it. I called my insurance created a claim, but my insurance has a $500 dedactuable. I am not sure how much it costs to get new fog lights and put them on...keep in my that my wires were cut of also. The cops reported the lights cost as $400.

I am not sure what to do..I am just really mad ...I did valet thinking my car would be safe. Should I go with my insurance company or the valet company? I think my insurance company might give me the check if its more than $500 and I can get the done by myself. For some reason I think it will be hassell going through the valet company.
Old 02-19-05, 07:59 AM
NesTea420
Pole Position

sorry for my bad wording and spelling mistakes. I am just really Not to mention I was really sick and I had to wait outside in the wind next to the Deleware river for the police report to be created.
Old 02-19-05, 08:07 AM
LextacyGS4
Lead Lap

Go through the valet, its not going to take a while to get your money but you will get it. Your ins will refuse the claim because the car was in their care. If they take too long, threaten them with a suit.
Old 02-19-05, 08:08 AM
lex400pshR
Driver

sorry to hear the bad news dude...but I tell U this much, if your car is in their property and this happened they are intitled to pay for damages...

if this was on the street in the middle of nowhere I would understand.

good luck...its always hard to get your money from these kind of people!
Old 02-19-05, 08:11 AM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NesTea420
sorry for my bad wording and spelling mistakes. I am just really Not to mention I was really sick and I had to wait outside in the wind next to the Deleware river for the police report to be created.
Sorry to hear about that. I'd try to put pressure on the parking service first before using the insurance co.
Old 02-19-05, 08:26 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Go after the valet service. I wouldnt make a claim to the insurance company because to get new fog lights and do the wiring it wont be $500. In any event go after the valet company because they are the ones responsible for your car while it is in their care.
Old 02-19-05, 08:53 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would FREAK on the business that provided valet parking. It's their responsibility. If anyone's insurance would be paying it's theirs. Tell them you have a friend or relative that's a lawyer and he would be more than happy to go after them if they don't pay for it.

BTW-kinda sounds like an inside job
Old 02-19-05, 09:45 AM
JoeGS300
Driver

this is the exact reason why i HATE valet parking. especially if the attendant is some teenager [grant it im still 19 but still.] i went to the old spaghetti factory in holleywood for a friends bday not too long ago and i hated seeing someone else drive my car. i asked if i could park it myself and keep my keys but they wouldnt let me. is it just me or does everyone check their pockets every so often to make sure their keys/phone/wallet is still on them? i freak when something is missing.

sorry about your fogs man..
Old 02-19-05, 09:55 AM
yoshi
Pole Position

Don't worry dude, foglights are for wimps.

I removed mine so I could get more air-flow to the intercooler, easily replaced with some mesh.

See pics :

http://www.lexusvertex.com/aristo/V3..._trackside.jpg
Old 02-19-05, 10:00 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about your loss good thing's are on the way. You'll get them to pay because the car was in their care and you called the police, and filed a report.
Old 02-19-05, 11:10 AM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Replace the lights, keep all receipts, and kindly ask (via certified mail) the valet company to reimburse you. If they refuse or don't act, sue them in small claims court. You won't need an attorney, and for the amount at issue, it'd be stupid for the valet company to fight this any further.

Now, the valet company could also point to all sorts of small-print disclaimers in the receipt, but sue them anyway if they don't reimburse.
Old 02-19-05, 11:39 AM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Just a get a quote from one of our approved vendors for replacement of these items. Present it to the valet company for reimbursement. I wouldn't lay out any cash prior to notifying them of the incident by certified letter along with the quote for the replacement parts.

Doug
Old 02-19-05, 12:11 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by JoeGS300
this is the exact reason why i HATE valet parking. especially if the attendant is some teenager [grant it im still 19 but still.] i went to the old spaghetti factory in holleywood for a friends bday not too long ago and i hated seeing someone else drive my car. i asked if i could park it myself and keep my keys but they wouldnt let me. is it just me or does everyone check their pockets every so often to make sure their keys/phone/wallet is still on them? i freak when something is missing.

sorry about your fogs man..
Nestea,

Sorry to hear of what had happened, I never valet, but make sure you make them pay for everything. Don't go through your insurance!

JoeGS300,

Did you end up parking it yourself or what? thx
Old 02-19-05, 01:08 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

THe Valet company will pay for it if you press them, they wont if you dont....they are probaby banking on the fact that if they give you enough resistance that you will go away....so press them daily until there is resolution. The police would have been called for a different reason if it were my car.

On a side note.....you shouldnt have Valet parked your car. I wouldnt hand my keys off to anyone, I dont care if I had to wal 10 blocks to get tot he restraunt.
Old 02-19-05, 01:36 PM
LextacyGS4
Lead Lap

go to the restaurant and talk to the manager/owner if the valet company refuses to pay. Tell them that you and your friends frequent the restaurant and that not how they should conduct busienss, you know. If you still get brushed off, make a scene, start by yelling and slowly progress to throwing thing on the floor in front of other customers, menus, matches, and please dont hit anyone with what you throw, yu dont want to get arrested now. Just throw it down on the floor and get loud, ive seen it workk

Quick Reply: Valet Parking incident