GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hot Import Nights - Long Beach Conv. Center

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-01, 05:17 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Boy, HIN was going alright until someone got murdered. Then the show was over...stabbed either in the head, neck, or chest (depending on who you talked to)...there was also a shooting (I don't know if anyone got hit). Ya gotta love Long Beach! Too bad you can't control the quality of people going into the show...

Anyways...I did see two Club Lexus member's rides...I don't remember who's is who's but one is a silver one with what looks like a Gracer front lip and RMM sideskirts and rear bumper sitting on Altstadt's...this car is probably still there as I type, it was pretty close to the site where the guy got stabbed (by the APC Truck...you know, APC, the guys that make those wacked Altezza lights and other low quality crap)

The other is I think a White one that's in Team Hybrid in the middle of the convention center...

Were those the only two there? Who's are they?

Other than the two incidents, the show was pretty good. 21,000 or so people (not counting the web registeration). Lotsa hot chicks (even some good looking Asian ones), lotsa Asians in general (there's a surprise!), lotsa fake crap (and fake crap vendors...but then again, they are targeting a mostly low-end car crowd), not a whole lotta light so this might be the reason why the girls looked good

Motorex was there with a GRIP of Nissan Skylines including the C-West fitted R34 GT-R V-Spec BlackBird (one SICK ride)

Quite a few German cars (BMW, Audi, VW, etc.)...not too many Luxury cars...more SUVs (yuk), more American cars (double yuk! Isn't it called Hot IMPORT Nights? Not Hot Import & Domestic Nights?), etc...and it's continuing it's trend to become more corporate.

Other than that, it was pretty much the usual stuff...fixed up civics, integras, etc...VIP room was small, afterparty, too tired, didn't go...

Last edited by Manaray; 05-28-01 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-28-01, 01:01 AM
GSAristo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Manaray,

The white one was Kirby's. The silver one was mine. It's actually got the L-Sportline sides and the stock rear (haven't found one that I really like yet). I'll post pics in the gallery.

Yep, my car (as well as the other 6 cars in Team TWS and the cars in that back corner) was stuck roped off in the crime scene area until past 3am Sunday morning. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was complaining all night that there wasn't enough light to show off the cars in that back corner and that we needed to get more lights somehow. I didn't expect that a fight would break out to get the lights turned on. I only saw the crowd running over after I heard a girl scream, but didn't see the actual fight. Last I heard the poor guy got stabbed in the abdomen and passed away early Sunday morning. The police locked down the whole convention center for like 3 hours after the show ended around midnight. The police did say that they knew who the suspect was buy the time they let us all leave.

I think the organizers of HIN should have done more in terms of checking the attendess and the cars that show. Other import shows (like Import Showoff) have metal detectors, and searches of people and cars. HIN staff only checked my car if it had the battery negative removed and at most 1/4 of a tank of gas. Like you said, these shows do tend to cater more to the "Civic crowd" - and unfortunately that also includes a lot of gang bangers and "kids" with egos backed up with guns and knives. Personally, that will probably be the last Hot Import Nights that I'll be showing at (and probably attending) in a long while.

Old 05-28-01, 10:10 AM
Aristov3o0
Pole Position

wow that suck... I sold my rims right before the show so I didnt enter... I was lucky ...Did ur car get damaged during the fight??
Old 05-28-01, 01:55 PM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree Al. There were A LOT of little kids and stuff running around. :P I also heard that there was a shooting outside of the convention as well. No really sure f that "rumor" was true but yeah...Security was pretty gay bc they really didn't pat down anyone nor didthey check show vehicles before entering the show. Someones going to get sued... :X anyhow...damn Al...ure ride was DUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too ba can't drive like that. but again...looked good bro...and JunTao..congrats on finally selling your rims man...finally stepping it up to 19's I see.....anyhow....talk with you guys later...

Kirb
Old 05-28-01, 10:52 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Allan (al2jzge) - You guys had the cars parked so close I only saw the car from the front 1/4 view...Kirby is right, you're car was DUMPED (which is why I thought you had a aftermarket rear bumper...it was damn close to the ground!) I think the RMM rear bumper is nice...it'll fit the L-Sportline sides real nice as they look the same as the RMM ones...What other cars do you guys have in TWS?

Luckily, I didn't have a car in the show...I went and ate and kicked back with some friends while we wait for the cops to let us back in...but I got tired and split before they let everyone back in...

Security there sucked...I got my knife into show w/o any problems (but I had a vendor and VIP wristbands so they didn't check me that well)...

That is definitely the last time the city of Long Beach is going to host HIN...there was also an incident a while back when HIN was in LB (though it was at the other place, not the Conv. Center)...oh well...Miss. HIN gained some weight...I liked Sasha (former Miss. HIN) better...
Old 05-28-01, 11:21 PM
GSAristo
Driver

Aristov3o0, nope luckily my car was not damaged in the fight. Actually none of our cars were. People were just leaning all over them. So since you sold your rims, are interested in buying mine?

Manaray, yeah I was dissappointed in the way they had us parked so close together. Plus we had very little lighting in that area. That's why I didn't leave my trunk open in fear that someone would mess with my stereo. Oh yeah, I lowered it as far as the TEIN HA's would go in the front and only 3/4ths down on the rear. People kept coming over and asking how much the air bags or hydrolics cost. hehehe I love these TEINs - it only took about 10 minutes each side to do. Team TWS consists of the following cars (and major mods):
* black RX7 (single turbo upgrade, AP Racing brakes all around, and wide body kit)
* red RX7 (18's, stock dual turbo's)
* bronze NSX (custom wide body kit)
* white Solara (19's, supercharger, TRD body kit, carbon fiber hood)
* white Prelude (17's, body kit, JDM lights)
* blue Civic (supercharger, Brembo's, body kit)
* black Brabus E-Class (Brabus 20's, Europian metal wide body kit, enginge mods)
* silver GS300 (19's, body kit, multimedia system)
Though unfortunately, the Benz wasn't able to make it to HIN. Two other cars in the works are an M3 and an A4. So what do you think? Nice variety, huh?

Yeah Kirb, I wish I could drive lowered like that. Though I definitely couldn't get up my own driveway. :eek:
Old 05-29-01, 01:15 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Yesh, that is quite a variety of cars! Cool mods too! I can't wait to supercharge my GS430!