GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

IMC kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-01, 09:47 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Here is my IMC kit, waiting for the fog lights. sorry.
Attached Thumbnails IMC kit-gs-front.jpg  
Old 05-28-01, 09:50 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

another picture, don't have the door panels on yet...
Attached Thumbnails IMC kit-gs3.jpg  
Old 05-28-01, 09:53 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Attached Thumbnails IMC kit-gs.jpg  
Old 05-28-01, 09:55 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Attached Thumbnails IMC kit-gs2.jpg  
Old 05-28-01, 10:04 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmm.. IMC kit is ok but not my cup of tea.. Personally the WIN kit is my favourite.. How about if we start a little pole.. Whats your favourite body kit??
Old 05-28-01, 10:25 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice kit man. You need the foglights tho.

For now I like Egoist. But needs some mods to it.
Old 05-28-01, 10:33 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like the IMC kit...the only thing I don't like on the kit is the super long front bumper...I think it looks kinda funny...they should have offered a shorter (stock size) front bumper for people who don't do the whole bonnet/front grille conversion...

Other than that, it's a tight kit! Really low though and I'm sure it's fun going over speed bumps and up/down driveways!

Who imported the kit for you and how much did it cost you?
Old 05-28-01, 10:52 PM
GS4precision

Nice body kit but you need bigger rims to match it
Old 05-28-01, 10:58 PM
GS4precision

Nice body kit but you need bigger rims to match the body extension and also save you alot of touch-up paint.
Old 05-28-01, 11:03 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Thanks for all your feedbacks

As for getting bigger rims, I was about to but getting anything bigger than 18's will slow down the car. Beside,
I spent to much on the rims given than it was chrome. These rims are not offered in chrome which I think looks better. Sorry for the bad pictures but will take better ones later on. Looking and seeing this kit in person is a big difference. Looks nice and I love the way it looks. The door panels will go in about two weeks from now. The shop is really busy so I decided to wait until than.

As for the other kits offered for the GS. They all look good but everyone has them. Always trying to do things that no one really has. I think I am the only one so far.

Don't have too much problems with driveways and speed bumps but this is a low kit.
Old 05-29-01, 01:07 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Y2kgs First very nice to meet you during the meet, i know exactly what you are talking about, I luv your rear bumper. IMC kit was my first choice a while ago be4 I completed my Lsportline kit, but there is only replica available in the States, and if to import it costs fortune and it's a fiberglass = P...

like u said, the vital point is about its rarity. so far i know there is 3 ppl that have the IMC kit running in northbay, but they are all replicas. way to go! and add your fog light!! you need it. good luck, and a killer ride you have there.

ps. please add bigger rims... the kit is sooo low!!!

= )

Old 05-29-01, 05:32 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

The kit looks great!!!! Yeah, bigger rims would look better, but if you are going for speed, keep the 18''s. I got 20's on mine right now, and yes, it slows the car down.

Anyways, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you get the kit for??? And about how much was the cost to get it painted and installed??

Old 05-29-01, 09:30 AM
Aristov3o0
Pole Position

Imc looks ok but i think that the front bumper sticks out too much .. its koo though.. I like the blitz kit the best
Old 05-29-01, 11:22 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Default IMC Kit...

Y2kgs (Seung),

Nice to have met you at ClubLexus and chatted. The sideskirts definitely round out the car...The rims look great IMHO-you don't need any larger.

On another note, talked to Tom's Racing distributer here in Torrance concerning the 4.7 engine upgrade kit. No luck on any more info, the salesguy instead tried to talk me into there cookie-cutter parts in their catalog. Do you know who it was you were talking too at the meet in Carson?

E-mail me at Brent.Liu@stjohns.org so we can talk more offline. Take car man and keep smoking those Bimmer's up North !

Brent
Old 05-29-01, 11:29 AM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Default Re: IMC Kit...

Originally posted by BLiu
On another note, talked to Tom's Racing distributer here in Torrance concerning the 4.7 engine upgrade kit. No luck on any more info, the salesguy instead tried to talk me into there cookie-cutter parts in their catalog. Do you know who it was you were talking too at the meet in Carson?

Brent
Hey Brent,

Talk to Steve at Carson. He has some info on the Tom's stroker kit, and TRD's pending stroker also!

I also spoke to Tom's extensively last week. Feel free to PM with your questions.

Quick Reply: IMC kit