GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Everyone Stop!!!!!!! (selling your 2nd gen gs)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-05, 10:02 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone Stop!!!!!!! (selling your 2nd gen gs)

The more and more i'm on now, the more and more 98-05 GS's are getting sold! And for nothing more than the '06 GS. I guess after that statement you can see that i'm one of the few who are not too happy with the new GS's. As i've stated on here before, the GS is by far (to me) the most elegant/sporty/luxurious with all the visual style one could want. PLEASE STOP SELLING YOUR GS'S!!!!

John

needed to vent.....
Old 02-24-05, 10:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnGS4
The more and more i'm on now, the more and more 98-05 GS's are getting sold! And for nothing more than the '06 GS. I guess after that statement you can see that i'm one of the few who are not too happy with the new GS's. As i've stated on here before, the GS is by far (to me) the most elegant/sporty/luxurious with all the visual style one could want. PLEASE STOP SELLING YOUR GS'S!!!!

John

needed to vent.....
hahhaa easy, all for the better our cars are nice, but it's going to be dated one day

to be honest, just by seeing the pics and stuff, i know i am going to love the new gs interior. the exterior is something i have to get used to
Old 02-24-05, 10:23 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Losing a 2nd gen is not as bad as losing a 1st gen. lol. I can't name more than 5 members. lol
Old 02-24-05, 10:32 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

The interior, i can say i honestly do like, but that's just the inside, i love both the inside and outside of the 2nd gen. GS. I wan to ban the purchase of the new gs's. lol
Old 02-24-05, 10:53 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Don't worry, John...not everyone's leaving.

I just bought my '05 in October and I'm not going anywhere for a long while. There are some aspects of the 3rd gen I like, but I am MUCH MUCH happier with my 2nd gen.

Jeff
Old 02-24-05, 11:04 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

It's obvious that the V8 will get upgraded but it will apply across LS, SC, and GS. For now, the 4.3 is carrying over. I can't get too excited about the investment in the new GS to get the same power. with maybe a minor engine management or transmission reprogram. At some point down the road (who knows how long) the 4.3 is going to get upgraded to keep it competitive. At that time, I will get serious about comparing to the M45. Wouldn't make my day to have a third gen GS430 if a 4.5, 4.7, or 5.0 (I think all have been rumored) is going to be here in a year or two. Just to be clear, it looks like the new GS is a reasonable evolutionary step but not enough to get me interested until the engine gets evolved as well. And like I said, it is clear that Lexus is not going to do a V8 for the GS alone, it will wait until they are ready to apply it across all the appropriate sedans. I still believe Lexus screws together a car slightly better than Infiniti but I think Infiniti gets this sport sedan ride/handling concept better then Lexus is showing. And with the stiff tariff on the RX400h, I doubt a hybrid GS is worth waiting for.
Old 02-25-05, 02:28 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The interior, i can say i honestly do like, but that's just the inside, i love both the inside and outside of the 2nd gen. GS. I wan to ban the purchase of the new gs's. lol
lol I know how you feel man....same here....there is no way I would even consider a 3rd gen GS.
Old 02-25-05, 03:00 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by RON430
And with the stiff tariff on the RX400h, I doubt a hybrid GS is worth waiting for.
If it were $10K more than the non-hybrid version and put out a minimum of 400 - 450 HP, I personally think it will be worth it.
Old 02-25-05, 04:57 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

dont worry bro , i too feel the same way.. i have no love for the 3 gen.. i was at the dealer yesterday to get a tour by the gen mgr.. too me its crapola.. the int is very nice but the ext has body lines and squared off anles that just dont match and that chrome body side lower rocker molding has to go

the 2nd gen to me will never be outdated for that design was years ahead of anyone to begin with like the sc coupes and timeless design
Old 02-25-05, 05:19 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

I was getting somewhat eager to sell before but luckily my fellow CL members did me a huge favor. They ==><== me back into place and made me realize if we mod our cars the right way it will never look dated..
Old 02-25-05, 06:58 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

i know like everyday someone is putting up a new thread saying that they sold their GS... whats going on its a epidemic!?!?!?!?!

i personally am keeping my GS unless i should get a hold of a large lump sum, say 20k then i would be upgrading NOT to the 3rd gen GS but a LS430
Old 02-25-05, 07:00 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

D-MAN63:

You said it Perfectly and you are very correct in your statements.

Plus, the 3rd Gen GS is ...................................................................... VERY UNINSPIRING & DISAPPOINTING!

Peace,

Ted
Old 02-25-05, 07:37 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Losing a 2nd gen is not as bad as losing a 1st gen. lol. I can't name more than 5 members. lol

I know how you feel Bryan...
I am not feeling the New GS either..The interior is nice but the outside is not to my liking..
Old 02-25-05, 07:53 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John

needed to vent.....

I aint going nowhere John

the new style is not my style right now (maybe in 3 years or so but not now )

im not into the newstyle its nice but it just doesnt do it for me

when i first saw the 98 GS i knew right away

id probably get an LS before the New GS
Old 02-25-05, 08:07 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not that inspired by the 06 GS either, and even if money wasnt an issue, I wouldnt make the upgrade to it either. I'm thoroughly enjoying my 98 GS4, and as time and finances permit, will try to mod it tastefully as many of our elder CL statemens and stateswomen have done. Plus the design of the 2nd gen to me is still a classic, whether it gets dated or not,.....

Quick Reply: Everyone Stop!!!!!!! (selling your 2nd gen gs)