GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

M3 hater

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-05, 07:32 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

I think we've been down this road before (Henry, BLiu lol) and even if we had a GS with specs close to match the M3, we would need to track both together to see if it was worth it.
Ha ha...I was actually going to edit my post and say that this is like the third time a thread like this has been started...I was like... here we go again....

Brent
Old 03-01-05, 07:55 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Facts:

1) Stock E46 M3 vs. Stock GS430 = M3 Winner*
2) Stock E46 M3 vs. Modded GS430 w/ no FI = M3 Winner*
3) Stock E46 M3 vs. Modded GS430 with FI = GS430*

*Assuming both drivers are about the same level.

Why fight the facts guys, just live with it! Want a fast car, buy a fast car. Want a faster, than buy a faster car. With all the money and time one put into making a car faster, it's just too much trouble and time consuming. And another fact is that you don't know the life span of the engine. I sold my GS and my uninstalled SRT Stage II setup because I realized I wanted a fast car that was N/A. Also, I didn't want to find out 6-12 months down the line there will be issue with my car and then I'll have to spend more money and time. It will become a damn nightmare for me. That's why I did my research and found the best N/A car around my budget and that happened to be a 2003 e46 M3 that I absolutely love driving. I could tell you right now that an M3 is much faster car than a GS 400/430 but everyone should know that by now. Well, that just my .02 cent!
Old 03-01-05, 08:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by cong28
Facts:

1) Stock E46 M3 vs. Stock GS430 = M3 Winner*
2) Stock E46 M3 vs. Modded GS430 w/ no FI = M3 Winner*
3) Stock E46 M3 vs. Modded GS430 with FI = GS430*

*Assuming both drivers are about the same level.

Why fight the facts guys, just live with it! Want a fast car, buy a fast car. Want a faster, than buy a faster car. With all the money and time one put into making a car faster, it's just too much trouble and time consuming. And another fact is that you don't know the life span of the engine. I sold my GS and my uninstalled SRT Stage II setup because I realized I wanted a fast car that was N/A. Also, I didn't want to find out 6-12 months down the line there will be issue with my car and then I'll have to spend more money and time. It will become a damn nightmare for me. That's why I did my research and found the best N/A car around my budget and that happened to be a 2003 e46 M3 that I absolutely love driving. I could tell you right now that an M3 is much faster car than a GS 400/430 but everyone should know that by now. Well, that just my .02 cent!
The O.Gs are coming out for this thread
Old 03-01-05, 08:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BLiu
Don't hate the playa...hate the game...

The ONLY way an E46 M3 can be beat is with Forced Induction. By that time, you will have spent enough money and heartache let alone TIME to get it right.

Ask rominl about his project experience.

Advice to Motu1: You want to beat an M3, buy another car...don't waste your time or money doing the Supra swap or a SC because neither one will give you the reliability you need as a daily driver...The GS 400 or 430 is a nice, fast, somewhat sporty, luxury sedan...that's all it will ever be...

An intake won't give you squat without tuning the ECU. There is no ECU tuning available for the GS...and piggyback ECU's on the market today are a ripoff and don't work...

Exhaust won't get you more than 5-7 HP max. That's it...Now, maybe a lightweight crank pulley may do something and a TC but it won't get you anywhere near the performance you need to beat an M3.

Those who beat an M3 driver with their NA GS got luck and raced a driver that: 1) Can't drive worth a spit, or 2) Drives like a granny....No ifs, ands, or buts about it...so if you feel glad that you "smoked" an M3 with your "souped" up GS then good for you. I am sure there are tons of Civics out there that claimed they "smoked" a GS driven by an 80-year old.

Rominl: You took my TC...I wanted it for myself...

Brent
oh god brent, finally you have spoken!!!! i have waited so long for you to get back on here! guys, this is an owner with BOTH gs4 modded (fast) and m3. get a clue now

and brent, we need to talk some time man, it's been such a long while. i totally agree with what you have said, it's so true, that's the reality too

oh and yeah, i think this is like the 3rd time these kind of threads come up
Old 03-01-05, 09:54 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
oh god brent, finally you have spoken!!!! i have waited so long for you to get back on here! guys, this is an owner with BOTH gs4 modded (fast) and m3. get a clue now

and brent, we need to talk some time man, it's been such a long while. i totally agree with what you have said, it's so true, that's the reality too

oh and yeah, i think this is like the 3rd time these kind of threads come up
Man, I am still mad that you took my TC...

Just to add more...M3 vs. C5 Corvette - no contest, C5 wins...

modded EVO vs. C5 'Vert w/ 2 people rolling start climbing a hill...EVO pulls ever so slightly...the Vette owner thought to himself (damn! that rice rocket is pretty darn fast)...

Henry, let me know when you get your SC430 so I can be jealous...

Brent
Old 03-01-05, 10:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Man, I am still mad that you took my TC...

Just to add more...M3 vs. C5 Corvette - no contest, C5 wins...

modded EVO vs. C5 'Vert w/ 2 people rolling start climbing a hill...EVO pulls ever so slightly...the Vette owner thought to himself (damn! that rice rocket is pretty darn fast)...

Henry, let me know when you get your SC430 so I can be jealous...

Brent
hahaha, m3 vs c5, i wonder where that data came from but it's good comparisons of all these cars to the GS too i think. the evo and the m3 are pretty much just as fast stock right? your modded evo 8 should be quite a bit faster.

and sc430? brent, you haven't read the forum for a while
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144143
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150122

pming you brent!
Old 03-01-05, 10:21 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaha, m3 vs c5, i wonder where that data came from but it's good comparisons of all these cars to the GS too i think. the evo and the m3 are pretty much just as fast stock right? your modded evo 8 should be quite a bit faster.

and sc430? brent, you haven't read the forum for a while
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144143
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150122

pming you brent!
I AM OFFICIALLY JEALOUS!!!! LOL! Nice pics...

B
Old 03-02-05, 04:33 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
LMAO at Clive Owen comment....(I love those vids).
It was a newer M3 right, a E46? I raced E36s and stayed with no problem. Sorry mahn but maybe his engine was messed up or he could not drive as a E46 M3 will hand our butts every time unless you have F/I (acceleration wise).
I was just kidding.

Old 03-02-05, 05:52 AM
Motu1
Driver

I apologize for making a thread on a topic that has been previously posted but I just started posting here a few days ago But from the looks of it 6 pages of response must mean there was some interest in the subject lol

Anyway I think there's alot of great information here and opinions will vary. It's funny you say that people should just buy faster cars to start with. I'm wondering what you say to all the ricers who have fast civics, mitsus and cars like that. I'm sure alot of those guys would like to buy faster more exspensive rides but can't afford to so they hook up their cars. I see nothing wrong with guys modding their cars ala Fast and the Furious. It's the attitude that people carry that gets on my nerves. To each his own gentlemen. Sometimes you get what fits your needs and budget.

I was looking for a sweet 4 door with some juice and the 430 fit for me. I didn't want to go bimmer because they are everywhere down here. I wanted something a little unique. As far as mods and making my 430 faster I know there's somthing out there it's just a matter of finding it. Went and visited the TOM's site which was in japanese so I didn't get a whole lot out of it except for the picturesLOL There was a sweet video on the Celsior(LS 430) they had it all hooked up with a Supercharger. Since they have a TOM's in Aus I fired a email to them to see if anything for the 430 might be available hopefully I will hear back this week.
Old 03-02-05, 08:38 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Motu1
I apologize for making a thread on a topic that has been previously posted but I just started posting here a few days ago But from the looks of it 6 pages of response must mean there was some interest in the subject lol

Anyway I think there's alot of great information here and opinions will vary. It's funny you say that people should just buy faster cars to start with. I'm wondering what you say to all the ricers who have fast civics, mitsus and cars like that. I'm sure alot of those guys would like to buy faster more exspensive rides but can't afford to so they hook up their cars. I see nothing wrong with guys modding their cars ala Fast and the Furious. It's the attitude that people carry that gets on my nerves. To each his own gentlemen. Sometimes you get what fits your needs and budget.

I was looking for a sweet 4 door with some juice and the 430 fit for me. I didn't want to go bimmer because they are everywhere down here. I wanted something a little unique. As far as mods and making my 430 faster I know there's somthing out there it's just a matter of finding it. Went and visited the TOM's site which was in japanese so I didn't get a whole lot out of it except for the picturesLOL There was a sweet video on the Celsior(LS 430) they had it all hooked up with a Supercharger. Since they have a TOM's in Aus I fired a email to them to see if anything for the 430 might be available hopefully I will hear back this week.
Oh, its cool dude, no need to apologize. Its just pretty tough to make a GS a M3 competittor. Heck when Benz makes AMG C-32s/55s and Audi makes S4s and Volovo S60Rs to try to beat it, they rarely do. THe M3 is one tough cookie.
Old 03-02-05, 08:55 AM
Motu1
Driver

well looks like I may have found my golden goose. Called up SRT today and asked if they had a kit still. They said they may be releasing a super charger kit sometime this summer for the SC 430 that will be applicable for the GS 430

Seems they were most likely basing this on the demand and peoples warrenties expiring which makes sense to me. Crossing my fingers
Old 03-02-05, 09:01 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

well looks like I may have found my golden goose. Called up SRT today and asked if they had a kit still. They said they may be releasing a super charger kit sometime this summer for the SC 430 that will be applicable for the GS 430

Seems they were most likely basing this on the demand and peoples warrenties expiring which makes sense to me. Crossing my fingers
are you serious !?

let us hope that this supercharger kit comes out... it's been awhile since SRT has made a supercharger kit...
Old 03-02-05, 09:07 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Motu1: Don't hold your breath with regards to SRT...There are others out there...please PM me if you are interested...Also, let me know what kind of budget you are looking at...THX.

Brent
Old 03-02-05, 10:11 AM
Motu1
Driver

Motu1: Don't hold your breath with regards to SRT...There are others out there...please PM me if you are interested...Also, let me know what kind of budget you are looking at...THX.

Brent
Well they are releasing a SC430 super charger which they have been working on so it never hurts to wait and see. Plus summer will be the right time for me to do something both time wise and financially. My new wheels are my first priority at this time but I like to research well in advance. What are the others out there? I only heard of two that were(past tense key) available domestic. I heard rumors of a Blitz japanese version but companies I contacted said they didn't know much more about them then I did.
Old 03-02-05, 12:19 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

If I was buying a 2 door car it would go something like this...

SMILE

Quick Reply: M3 hater