GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS has headlight condensation - what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-05, 05:11 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile What The F Happened?

So whytry

What was the outcome?

3dog
Old 03-18-05, 10:38 PM
flashbang
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya what happen
Old 03-19-05, 03:18 PM
Kevin Wyum
Driver School Candidate

I got my car back from the dealer today, an 02 430 under factory warranty. Not only did they replace the offending headlight that had the most condensation (driver side) and the high beam assembly next to it as well but also they replaced both lights on the passenger side as well. So 4 new light assemblies under warranty. They did charge a bit much for the 30k service $680, but the service level and treatment were exceptional. I came from having a new Audi A6Q and the treatment I received from Lexus of Wayzata in Minnesota was a breath of fresh air. I'd highly recommend them to anyone needing service.

Kevin
Old 03-19-05, 03:46 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, Kevin, they really only replaced two. The low and high beams are one unit.

Still, that was nice of them.
Old 03-19-05, 03:54 PM
Kevin Wyum
Driver School Candidate

The small light assembly in the middle with DRL / high beam is all the same part with the large HID section on the outsides?

Kevin

Originally Posted by Neo
Well, Kevin, they really only replaced two. The low and high beams are one unit.

Still, that was nice of them.
Old 03-19-05, 04:25 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Wyum
The small light assembly in the middle with DRL / high beam is all the same part with the large HID section on the outsides?

Kevin
One big housing. Here is a pic of one not on the car:

Old 03-19-05, 04:55 PM
Kevin Wyum
Driver School Candidate

Heh, thanks. In that case I got both sides : )

Kevin
Old 03-19-05, 11:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hey taht's good to know, congrats on getting both headlights replaced
Old 03-22-05, 10:48 AM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So I am getting new headlights in 2-3 days. I talked to the GM of the dealership directly yesterday, he contacted me, which was a 1st, so far I have called them and left messages. He called me to hear my side of the story, and that I told them I noticed it when I buying the car, etc. and the saleman and mgr told me to have the service dept fix it when I take it in. The GM told me he would call be back, and within an hour he called and said they were going to order new headlights for me and I will be called in when they come in to have them installed... So I am getting new headlights and I will be keeping the old ones too, I told him this will satify me in terms of them not replacing them and trying to 'dry them out'...
Old 03-22-05, 12:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by whytry
So I am getting new headlights in 2-3 days. I talked to the GM of the dealership directly yesterday, he contacted me, which was a 1st, so far I have called them and left messages. He called me to hear my side of the story, and that I told them I noticed it when I buying the car, etc. and the saleman and mgr told me to have the service dept fix it when I take it in. The GM told me he would call be back, and within an hour he called and said they were going to order new headlights for me and I will be called in when they come in to have them installed... So I am getting new headlights and I will be keeping the old ones too, I told him this will satify me in terms of them not replacing them and trying to 'dry them out'...
oh so the problem was there already when you bought the car, i guess i missed that part. that's very good, coz' they have no way to argue you back. hopefully your headlights will be replaced while it's still raining so you can really test it out.
Old 03-22-05, 05:32 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Talking New headlights!

Three cheers hip hip hooray!

I am so happy for you. Way to go! !

Ivan
3dog

Last edited by 3dog; 03-22-05 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-23-05, 08:53 AM
whytry
Advanced

THanks Ivan, I am pretty happy too!!

I am hoping they come in today or tomorrow and I can check them out in this raining weather we are having here in San Jose......
Old 03-24-05, 05:13 PM
whytry
Advanced

I am heading to get my ned lights in the morning!!! Can't wait. Finally this will be all done. I am eager to get on to modding my ride.

Thanks again to all that helped with routes to take to getting them to step up to the plate and fix this problem!!!!!
Old 03-24-05, 07:52 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Talking New Headlights

I am heading to get my ned lights in the morning!!! Can't wait. Finally this will be all done. I am eager to get on to modding my ride.

Thanks again to all that helped with routes to take to getting them to step up to the plate and fix this problem!!!!!

I got brand new headlights when I got my car.
You are going to be amazed at how good they look!

Ivan
3dog

Last edited by 3dog; 03-24-05 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-24-05, 09:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hey congrats man, make sure you check everything out when picknig up the car

oh and since they are so new, maybe you should put clear bra on the headlights to protect them

Quick Reply: My GS has headlight condensation - what to do?