GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

things you hate about GS

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-06, 07:26 PM
IAGS400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soyhead
telescoping wheel up and down with key touch gonna get this turned off if i can, anybody know how to on a 99 GS4
Only the dealer can change this on a 99.
Old 03-09-06, 07:38 AM
soyhead
Driver

Originally Posted by IAGS400
Only the dealer can change this on a 99.
just had them turn it off for free, got a free carwash and breakfast out of them as well
Old 03-10-06, 10:40 PM
L3XUSGS400
Driver School Candidate

GS400
1. Exhaust need to have a little sound to it, doesnet even sound like a V8, only at WOT.
2. Handling sucks
Old 03-10-06, 11:15 PM
speedie
Pole Position

I hate the fact that the turn signal indicator doesn't have a better sound indicator to let you know it is still on after a turn or lane change...sometimes I ride for miles with the damn thing blinking....
Old 03-10-06, 11:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by speedie
I hate the fact that the turn signal indicator doesn't have a better sound indicator to let you know it is still on after a turn or lane change...sometimes I ride for miles with the damn thing blinking....
indeed the one on the gs is pretty darn quiet. i have no idea, even my sc430 ones are louder
Old 03-11-06, 12:08 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i hate the fact that when i hit a bump i get all nervous and cringe insdie.....anyone esle? do this
Old 03-11-06, 09:02 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by tuddy
i hate the fact that when i hit a bump i get all nervous and cringe insdie.....anyone esle? do this
yep daily...and im out looking for 20's....

CEO
Old 03-11-06, 09:26 AM
Tranman

Originally Posted by bmgs400
Is it just my car, but try driving with one rear window down at 50 mph..right rear...and I get an air pressure oscillation that is almost deafening.
I get that too...and it goes away if I open the front window of the same side a bit....
Old 03-13-06, 11:23 AM
Armand
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fact that the GS model does not come with side mirror blinkers. I think they are the best safety feature invented after the airbag and I don't get why Lexus/Toyota won't offer them. I know BENZ & BMW offer them and even some lower end cars are beggining to offer them....what's the deal?!?!?!
Old 03-13-06, 01:05 PM
Htraitor
Driver School Candidate

I hate the fact, that if you want remote start you are going to spend an arm and a leg on upgrades not to mention labor, to make it happen. My $.02
Old 03-13-06, 01:14 PM
Tranman

Originally Posted by Htraitor
I hate the fact, that if you want remote start you are going to spend an arm and a leg on upgrades not to mention labor, to make it happen. My $.02
The Luxlink remote starter isn't that expensive...and install is relatively easy. I did my install in less than 20 minutes...
Old 03-13-06, 01:16 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is a long thread. Don't recall what I hate, but I will say this. The GS needs a manual tranny. 6 speed please Lexus.
Old 03-13-06, 01:24 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my complant
1. road noise
2. steering wheel shack on freeway
Old 03-14-06, 12:15 AM
SC400_2nV
Driver

I hate the things that I notice on a daily basis, I have my complaints but I must say the bodystyle & performance still put a smile on my face everyday I see her all nice and shiny.

1. Steering wheel shake
2. The loud rubbing noise coming from my telescopic wheel when its a hot day
3. If I leave my car running for too long with the air/radio going my battery goes dead
4. How easy the paint chips
5. The loud motor noise in my front power windows
6. How easy the centerconsole can break (leading to it not shuting unless you have "the touch"
7. The fact that I have to replace the ENTIRE NAVIGATION SYSTEM because the buttons are showing some wear~!!
8. The "mind of its own", on RARE occasions it sometimes will start right up, then die.. then crank & crank & finally start up, This has happened maybe 3 times in almost 2 years.
9. If your car doesnt have a master key you either sell it or buy a new computer.... In my case Im not only missing the master key, but someone pushed the lock in on the trunk release!
10. The doorlocks acting up should be a recall, even if its not a hard fix its a common problem
11. The gas gauge is a little strange, I put 10.00 in & sometimes it doesnt move, but if I put in a few dollars more It moves up to where it should be..

BUT... Even after all these big & little issues Ive listed I still wouldnt give her up.. I still love the "where do you work" or the "You'll take me for a ride"
or the sexy look they have if they're on the road, or sitting still.. The GS is STILL #1 in my book.!
Old 07-22-06, 05:21 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Bringing up the thread again because I noticed a few things that I'm not liking at the moment.

1. at idle, the engine is damn loud. Maybe I was expecting too much out of my car? I have the loudest engine on my driveway right now. It's comparable to my sister's 05 honda accord 4cyl, if not a bit louder than hers.

2. I hate the heavy feel of the car when taking turns or accelerating. I feel the engine shouldn't have to work as hard, even though it's a V8.

3. once at speed, passing power isn't as good since i'm in 5th gear with the engine running at ~1.2krpm. I was hoping that the tranny would automatiically shift down to 4th gear without me having to e-shift it or gun the car.

4. That surge of power when i'm slowing down, and then tapping the throttle again to accelerate. Happens a lot when the red ligh turns green. My guess is that the tranny lags at downshifting so it downshifts once i tap the throttle again. There is a short delay and once it gets in the correct gear, there is a surge of power and it fells unsmooth. Perhaps I need a drain and replace the tranny fluid

5. Since the GS has dual zone for A/C heater, they should have put an independent control for the rear also.

6. I dont like the feel of the brake. At the first 30% of the brake pedal travel, it feels as if the car isn't even braking. It takes quite a bit of pedal travel to slow down.

7. not a problem with GS in general, but my brakes needs resurfacing or at least the front pads/rotor needs replacement. When I was rotating my tires, There was resistance in the front tires when I turned them. The driver side isn't as bad because the resistance only occurs at one point of the turn. The resistance isn't that large, but it adds up as I believe this is what 's taking a toll on my city gas mileage

1999 Lexus GS400
-Stock

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.

Quick Reply: things you hate about GS